One Last Job With Vengeance - Cover

One Last Job With Vengeance

Copyright© 2015 by Daniel James

Chapter 11

Leaving the bookies after another marathon session, Ray gets the depressed feeling again. The same feeling he always got when he comes away a lot lighter then when he went in.

"How the hell can someone pick so many three legged horses and dogs?" he curses aloud

"Next time will be the one, one win and I will be laughing"

The ringtone and vibration in his pocket brings him back to reality. Looking at the screen a sense of dread hits his body.

"Shit, I don't need him now"

Hovering his finger over the accept call button he reluctantly answers.

"Hello"

"Haven't you forgotten something?" came the voice

Recognising the voice instantly, the panic in Ray's breathing was obvious

"No Sir I haven't, I was just waiting for some work to finish then I was going to settle"

"Oh waiting were you? Therefore, because you thought you would wait means I have to wait does it. If I wait then that means the boss has to wait"

"No, No of course not. I didn't mean it like that."

"Look, you are into the boss for more than he cares to mention. If people find out then they may think he has gone soft and that can't happen"

"It won't happen I promise. Look, I have some work in the pipeline. It will be enough to settle all at once but I need a bit more time"

"You want more fucking time? Right, this is what the boss says. Each limb is ten grand so that makes forty for your arms and legs, fingers are a thousand so that's another ten, with the toes makes twenty. A few internal organs to sell will add a few grand but that would still not cover a quarter of what you owe."

"I know, I know. Tell the boss that he will get everything and more if he gives me more time"

"Hold on"

Shaking, with the phone to his ear, he could hear mumbled conversation in the background.

The boss's voice sounded calm but he knew he was in trouble.

"Right you little shit, you have caught the boss on a good day. You have your time but your debt has gone up fifty percent."

"How much time have I got?"

"You will know soon enough"

"Okay thank you, you won't regret this"
"Oh I know we won't"

The line goes dead abruptly.

Walking back home skint and depressed, all he can hope is that Dan will get this show on the road, and soon.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.