Romance
Chapter 25

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Romance: Another country heard from:25.

"There's some shit going on here and I'm about to wipe somebody's nose in it," Jack said.

"Wait!" said Cassie, "There are these damsels that come first."

"Stick 'em in stasis," said Jack. "I know you can do it ... I read it on Stories On Line."

Well, that stopped 'em. Every one of the high mucky mucks started trying to get away, or looking at the ceiling or looking at their feet or each other. For a bunch of ivory skinned seldom out of doors folks ... they could sure turn red. Cassie and the other journeyman Caretakers were the only mystified ones in the bunch.

"Seven!" Jack said. "There's your villains. You want to know who destroyed the Earth? You're looking at 'em."

"Jack? What do you mean?" The Seven in One asked.

"You've been exploring our past and the best you can find is a bunch of Mid-eastern religious fanatics who design a biological agent that backfires on 'em, right?"

"Yes, Jack," and she proceeded to run off at the mouth giving a bunch of useless information about the viral contamination that had nothing with the subject at hand.

"Why didn't the free world know about it?" Jacked asked.

That stopped her in mid spate.

"What? They all died, Jack."

"No matter what the Government says ... they USED TO KNOW WHAT WENT ON IN THE WORLD!" Jack got a little vocal there at the end. "Sorry about that. I've been worrying this over and over in my mind for weeks.

"There used to be rough and ready men ... men with morals and purpose and honor and duty ready to step into the breach and they used to be everywhere. You need to take a little time junket into THESE peoples past ... and while you're at it check out the population of the progeny of Heroes.

"The planet ... and they've said it before ... half a million strong both sexes. Earth has been providing heroes for a thousand years. Medieval times is when Chaos was populated with Earth folks. 1100AD to about 1300AD.

"Cassie?"

"Yes Jack?"

"Who is your Daddy?" Jack held up his hand, "Wait. All you Caretakers. Who is your father? Not the man of the house ... If he's Cassandrian ... and you've got his genes. How did you turn out perfect? Who is your father?

"Think about, call home and ask and I'll get back to it.

"You higher ups ... Yeah ... you! I haven't forgotten you. How old are you? Remember ... I met Polly Caretaker. She was Jakob Flintkote's Caretaker. Jakob died before the beginning of the Revolutionary War. 1740. I don't know how long Jakob was a hero..."

"Sixty years ... He was a regular," said the Ceiling.

"Sixty years and she's still alive ... running the "Cassandra in the Morning" show and pretty damn spry for someone who was maybe born in 1660 Earth time. Three hundred years old or damn close to it. Mr. Ceiling, how many rescues?"

He hummed. "Got it ... one thousand twenty rescues."

"How many Caretakers?" John asked the ceiling.

"One ... Polly."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.