Romance
Chapter 24

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

"You'll be so proud of me," said One, she was still in the saddle, trailing the packhorse behind her.

"Right at this moment, we're considerably more interested in what you brought," Jack said.

They began unloading the packhorse. As soon as the horse was curried, watered and fed, Jack and Sultry began opening the side packs. Carrots, potatoes, onions, turnips, parsnips, lentils, lima beans, lettuce, broad beans, but no meat, neither smoked nor dried.

"One, where's the beef?" asked Jack.

"There wasn't any," said One. "The top bundles are bacon, venison jerky, smoked hams ... but that's not important."

"Wasn't any? There's always a butcher."

"I didn't have time. I was busy." She puffed up. "There's a rich caravan due in two days."

"How do you know that?"

"You know the richly dressed young man we told you about? The one who always shows up at the cave before there's an attack?"

"Yeah."

"I ran into him at the market," One said. "He wasn't paying any attention to me ... so I dropped a rotten tomato on his boots. Cuss ... you never heard the like ... He noticed."

"Noticed?"

One swayed. Her breasts eventually caught up.

"I see," Jack grinned. Sultry smacked him a good one. "Hey! What was that for?"

Sultry bobbled her own boobs. "You watch these, Jack. Not those."

"Sultry, I'm married. Not dead." He turned to One, "And?"

"He invited me to dine, the Inn knows him." She grinned, "Jack? They tried to drug me." She giggled, "I believe he had nefarious plans."

"Imagine that."

"The upshot is that the head outlaw is his older brother but their father is some minor official in town," she paused, "You know, there must be all of five thousand people living there. It's a big town ... for Chaos. They have two banks.

"Anyway, as I was saying ... he tried to drug me ... but I drank him under the table. The barkeep and I ... and the little fellow I hired to carry my shopping ... we took him up to the very room he was planning to use to have his way with me. I tied him up ... spread eagle ... found out about the caravan. He was heading out to the robbers to ... tell ... them ... about ... the ... caravan. Oh Jack ... I'm so sorry."

"What?"

"He's not going to be able to tell his brother about the caravan."

"You didn't?"

She reached into a leather bag and hauled out a severed male apparatus. "Since Cassandra told me I couldn't kill him outright but I couldn't let him live either ... I brought this with me."

"You went to Cassandra?"

"Sure. The Portals have no control over us."

"Us?"

"The Powers that Be." She looked stricken. "Oh Jack. I'm so sorry. The damsels are waiting to be rescued. And now we can't."

"Let me think. Sultry ... what are you doing?"

"Changing my clothes."

"Why?"

"I'm just a poor wandering farm girl who lost her parents ... if I get caught..."

"You're going to Ninja on them?"

"Ayup."

"How?"

"I don't know," she said. "But the shit is in it ... as soon as he finds out his brother is dead ... things are going to get, difficult."

It didn't take very long either. Six came up. "There's a rider coming up the road. Dust says he's traveling fast."

Sultry crossed the road and disappeared into the woods on the other side ... she was soon back.

She touched One ... she jumped.

"Shush," she whispered. She made the rounds. Scared everyone of her people ... and they knew she was coming.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.