Romance - Cover

Romance

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 22

Romance: Another country heard from:22.

There were two possible plans. Hide out well past the cave and wait for the well to do single rider. Capture him and subject him to a reduced dose of the sleepy drug. Sultry said the drugged always got chatty for a few minutes before sleep and ... according to what she learned ... the drugged always told the truth. Drug him and ask him why he was on the road.

"Might work," Jack shrugged.

"Might not," said Seven.

"Fifty fifty?" asked Two, "Or iffy iffy?"

The other idea was camp in the woods on the other side of the road. Strew caltrops and lay rope traps to disable as many as possible.

"You know ... they're up to no good if they chase into the woods."

Then there was the one nobody but Sultry wanted to try. Ninja into the cave without killing anybody, grab the Damsels and race to the nearest bank.

So, here we are, we passed the hideout by traveling through the woods on the opposite side of the road. We have been here four days ... eating up our supplies and trying Sultry's patience. On the last possible day, One split from her compadries and headed in to the nearest town worthy of the name. She made good time and was in the market square shopping like a mad woman when the fancy dressed man stopped for fresh vegetables.

Well ... hello, she said to herself. Fancy meeting you here.

One is quite pretty when she wants to be. A little fancy maneuvering, one thing led to another and she managed to drop an over ripe tomato on Mr. Excitement's fancy dress boots.

"Fucking Bloody Cow," and then he looked at who he was cursing. "Hail, Mistress and well-met, you're new."

"I am SO sorry about that ... if you know of a watering hole I'll clean your boots."

"Oh, I think not, tiz' unnecessary, fair lady. I think I mistake not ... new in town?"

"Passing through east. My father is on his way to escort me home. I thought I'd meet him on the road. But truly, kind sir. I must make amends for so gauche a mistake."

"If tiz' amends you seek, a glass and sup would make the world bright again."

She hadn't been taking lessons from Sultry for nothing. "I should be delighted." But I'm not.

"Take my hand."

"But half a moment, kind sir, while I find a young man to carry my surprise for my dear father. You, lad. Yes, you."

"I done nufink, Mrs."

"I need a stout young lad to carry my basket. A pinch will I bestow on such a one."

"A pinch to carry? I, me lady?" said the youngster. "I am stout, a pinch, you say?" He grabbed the basket. If the truth be told ... it out weighed him by ten pound. It staggered him and the fancy man took hold of the other handle.

"I'll just give the lad a hand." In an aside to One, he said, "A loaf of day old bread would suffice, me'dame. and fresh are ten a pinch. You are extravagant with your sire's money."

"Tiz' charity to a proud youngster. He would not beg. Steal? I doubt not. But never beg. The poor have their pride ... tiz' all they have."

A second, bolder, lad with a knife, was about to cut the strings of her belt pouch when One withdrew an unseen hairpin from her sleeve and left him gasping in the dust. Mr. Fancy never noticed.

The likely lad carrying did ... notice and trembled. The lady was more than she seemed.

The fancy man was known in the Inn of his choice and was soon plying One with food ... and drink. She ... umh ... she ... ah ... and darkness descended. He fell off his chair ... and slid under the table. The Powers that Be are impervious to poison and drugs. Alcohol tickles and sharpens their wits.

"Barkeep? One asked.

"Mistress?"

"A room ... and quick about it. My friend seems to have enjoyed your good cheer overmuch." She fumbled with her purse.

"Nay, mistress. Ted be known hereabouts. His father will pay." The barkeep marveled, "You have a hard head. Never see the like."

"Tiz' not my first rodeo."

"Mistress? Rodeo?"

"A game men play with horses. Very popular in the south of my country."

"Ah," as if he knew ... but he didn't.

Ted did try his best to help taking himself up stairs. His fuddled mind realized that the shoulder his arm draped and the breast his hand held belonged to a women ... and they were headed up the stair ... the other side was his good friend Tom Barkeep. It was confusing. The girl was usually in the middle ... but the tit was full ripe and that was the idea...

The boy came along behind, grinning.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.