Romance
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Sultry came dancing up to Jack, "I gotta Go ... where is it?"

"Chamber pot or the back-house," said Jack.

She rushed out the backdoor. The back-house was close to the midden.

"Jack!" she cried, "It stinks."

"Hold your nose," said Jack.

Sultry was one of those girls who live in the bathroom ... at least it seems like it ... ask any brother.

"That long? I can't."

She came tumbling out. "I can't Go in there. Where's the chamber pot?"

"Head of the stairs, turn left. First door on your left."

Following directions, she was soon seated. Trumpets echoed and the sound of rushing waters were included. "Jack?"

Jack was no fool. He had this demand figured out before she sat down. Earth had paper, Crossroads had paper. Chaos? What's paper?

"What?"

"There's no paper."

"Yeah ... Welcome to Chaos." He laughed, opened the door and handed her the Legionnaires Companion. It looked like a toilet brush but the head was covered with hair-on sheepskin. "When you're done clean it in the bucket of water."

"Jack!" She exclaimed. "Oh ... that's soft. What bucket? Jack. Jack. Jack! What bucket?"

"This bucket," said Jack. "Rinse it good."

"Jack?"

"Yes, Dear?"

"I want to go home."

"Can't ... not until the rescue."

"Jack. I want to go home ... NOW."

"Sultry..."

"Now, Jack. Make it happen. Now!"

So, Jack went back to the bank. He said, "Manager, please," to the teller in the cage.

"What for?"

"It's personal."

The teller was a local boy. He knew the manager was an important man. Too important for the likes of Jack.

"I can't just summon him on a whim. Why?"

"Like I said, it's personal."

Another thing, Jack was the leader of the gang that killed the holdup crew ... and left the dead. He'd had to haul each body out the door, lock up the bank, and haul the body to the midden; it took four hours to haul all six dead to the midden.

Another hatchet to grind. To a man ruled by pettiness, the chance to do Jack dirt was too good to pass up.

"I'm sorry, I can't. Not unless you can give me a hint."

"You married?"

"Well, yes."

"Ever heard the saw, 'If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.'?"

"Why, yes. I have. My wife does what I tell her to."

"My live should be so sweet," said Jack.

"Beat her regularly and you won't have that problem."

"She knows where I sleep."

"Ah." Absolutely no pity.

So Jack explained, "My wife doesn't like it here, she wants to go home. The banker is from there and he can help."

"In that case, I'll ask him tomorrow when he checks in."

"Can't do it today?"

"Nope ... Banker is a busy man."

"I guess." Jack stepped away from the cage. He was about to leave when he noticed something was wrong. "Where's the guard?"

"Dead, need to hire another. I can't do it. Banker's job."

"How does that work?"

"Folks come in and ask ... banker comes in for an interview."

"I'd like to apply for the job."

"I'll call him." He started to and realized... "Say! That's mighty sly of you. Come back in the morning."

So. Jack went back to the Inn.

"You'll have to wait until tomorrow," he told Sultry.

"Jack ... I said now ... I didn't say tomorrow ... Now, Jack."

"You go to the bank and ask the banker to send you home."

She grabbed her Bo from behind the bar and marched out the door.

Ten minutes later she was back ... slightly ruffled. "Jack ... it's not safe out there."

"Why do you say that now?

She tossed three fairly full purses on the counter, followed by three swords, two crossbows and a chain mail shirt. "The horses are tied to the hitching rail," she said. "The bastards notched my Bo."

"What did you do with the bodies?"

"Left 'em. Bank is closed, by the way."

"Sultry ... you can't just leave bodies in the street. What would people say?"

"They say plenty ... that's why there's three instead of just one."

"We're busy here. You need to at least move them to the alley."

"You need to come with me."

"Sultry? We're busy."

"Why are we so busy?"

"It's dinner time and one of our serving girls is out killing the customers."

"Which one is doing that?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.