Romance - Cover

Romance

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 16

Romance: Another country heard from:16.

Jack called for his box ... ok ... he stuck his ID finger in the hole. The box whooshed in and Jack started passing out weapons, saddles and tack. He left some Conchs for a rainy day. The lid closed with a snap ... air molecules rushing and colliding with other air molecules. A small thunderclap.

Seven said, "Jack? I don't think we should go out there right this minute. Somebody is robbing ... or trying to rob the bank."

"How do you know?"

"I peeked," she said.

"How?"

Rather than explain, she stuck her head through the door and back, "Like that."

After Jack finished rolling his eyes, he said, "How many robbers are out there?"

"It looks like all of them, Oh, you mean numbers," she looked again. "Maybe six ... the guard is bleeding on the floor. There's a big mob in the street, too. I think it's the depositors."

"Great. The robbers can't rob the bank ... they try but it never works. A bank is supposed to be full of money ... but it's not, all the money is in boxes, and the boxes aren't here.

"The cage is impervious. They can't get at the banker because he doesn't live here.

"Anytime a banker is needed, he ports here from Cassandra.

"Don't these people ever learn?" Jack asked.

"Now they can't get out because the streets are full of pissed off people," said Seven.

"You mean, there's no reason for the mob?" Sultry asked.

"None at all. The robbers can't steal the money ... they can't get at it."

Seven said, "Shit ... somebody just saw me."

In a second, there were men hammering on the door to the vault.

Sultry had to laugh ... that didn't help. The hammering got louder.

With a high pitched Italian accent, "Who ess et?" Sultry asked.

The hammering stopped.

"I'm just taking a bath," she said, "Come back later." Also in an atrocious Italian accent.

It sounds completely stupid ... but the robbers moved back to the bank lobby. It was only a couple of seconds of double-take on the part of the robbers, but that was just enough. It was just long enough for the Hero and his companions to exit the vault. They made short work of the robbers. Bo staffs everywhere. Sultry's leather outfit proved to be the perfect distraction.

The teller asked, "You going to clean that up?" He wasn't really looking at the dead ... he was looking at the straps and Sultry.

"Oh. That's right, Thanks." She immediately began stripping weapons and coin pouches. They were pretty light ... probably the reason for the bank attempt. As the bodies relaxed, the shit started to flow.

"Jack! Is it always like this?"

"Like what?"

"They stink!"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna be sick," and she was. Jack held her hair while she emptied her stomach. "What do these people eat?"

The mob was breaking up, but Seven noticed something, "Jack." She said, "They're stealing the horses."

"Who is?"

"The mob."

The Hero and his Companions stepped out of the bank.

"Hey! Those are my horses!"

The culprits started to run. Seven and Six picked up a couple of rocks each ... shit covered rocks ... and took down the fleeing horse stealing towns people. Jack thought the windup looked familiar.

"Seven, you ever play in the majors?"

"Yeah ... but I was a man."

"The towns people are coming back," said Sultry.

"What about the horses?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.