A Well-Lived Life - Book 6 - Kara I
Chapter 2: Diplomatic Relations, Part I

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 2: Diplomatic Relations, Part I - This is the continuation of the story told in "Book 5 - Stephanie". If you haven't read Books 1 through 5, then you'll have some difficulty following the story. I strongly encourage you to read those before you begin this sixth book. Like the other books in this series, there is a lot of dialogue and introspection. There is also a lot of sex. Book 6 has 60 chapters and about 330,000 words. It's a lengthy read. I hope you'll stick with it!

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Romantic   School   First   Slow  

August 1981, Chicago, Illinois

I woke up on Sunday morning happy to be in my very own apartment. My first order of business was figuring out a route to jog because I no longer had easy access to a swimming pool. I looked at the street atlas, mapped out a route that was mostly in Washington Park. I put on my shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers and headed out. On my route, I noticed a sign for a martial arts studio and wondered if that might not be a good way to get exercise, as well as come in handy for self-defense. Both Illinois and Chicago had severe controls on handguns, and I’d need to be very careful with the 9mm that Andreas had provided for me back in Milford. I memorized the phone number of the studio so I could call on Monday.

When I returned from my run, I showered, dressed, and ate breakfast. I already missed my sister, and didn’t know anyone in Chicago, though in a week Elyse would be with me. That wasn’t the same, but it would help. After I cleaned up, I called Karin. We had a good chat, and before I hung up, I made sure she had my new address and phone number.

I spent the rest of the morning unpacking, as well as assembling bookshelves and an entertainment center. My TV was modest, so I had no problem lifting it by myself to put it on the appropriate shelf. I also realized that a radio wasn’t sufficient and that I’d need a stereo. We’d had one at home, but that one hadn’t been mine. I’d have to look for one on Monday.

Just before lunch, I dialed the phone number that Andreas had given me and identified myself as ‘the kid from Milford’ as Andreas had instructed me to do. The gruff voice on the other end of the phone gave me an address, told me it was in Cicero, and asked if I had a car and could get there later in the day. I quickly looked in my street atlas and told him that I could be there around 2:30pm.

I ate my lunch and mapped out my route. I’d take the Dan Ryan to I-55 and get off at Central Avenue, then head north to West 36th Street. It was pretty straightforward, and I guessed it would take about thirty minutes to get there. To be safe, I decided to leave around 1:45pm. I finished my lunch and had time to put my books on the bookshelves and set up the Apple computer. Those tasks completed, I changed into slacks and a polo and headed out to my meeting in Cicero.

I arrived early, as I had intended, and found a parking spot just around the corner from the address I’d been given. I got out of my car, locked it, then walked the half-block to 36th Street and another half block to the address. I walked up the steps and knocked on the door. I saw a shadow at the window through gauze curtains and then the door was opened and I walked inside. I was greeted by a guy who was only a couple of years older than me.

“Arms out. I need to pat you down,” he said.

He quickly and expertly checked for weapons or tape recorders or whatever he was looking for, and then led me into a room where two middle-aged Italian men were sitting. They introduced themselves as Tony and Frank and told me to sit down.

“So, you’re the kid from Milford,” Frank said. “We hear good things about you from Cincinnati. You do what you’re told and keep your mouth shut.”

“And we hear you’re dating Don Joseph’s granddaughter, so you must be OK,” Tony said with a knowing smile.

“If she was unhappy,” I replied with a similar smile, “I don’t think I’d be sitting here. Or anywhere.”

Both men laughed.

“You’re on the payroll,” Tony said. “You’ll get $250 a week to start with. You’re going to Illinois Tech? And you live by the University of Chicago?”

“That’s right. My class schedule is pretty simple. I’m free evenings, weekends, and Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.”

“Well, you’ll be working mostly at home, I guess,” Frank said. “I hear you’re some kind of wizard with these new computers that they’re selling.”

“That’s right; I wrote some programs for some of the operations in Cincinnati.”

“Explain how this works,” Frank instructed.

I explained about the way the computers were used to keep records and how everything could be wiped out with the press of a button or with a magnet, and how it was easy to keep a copy safely some place else so you didn’t lose everything. Nothing would need to be written on paper. They were as intrigued by this as Don Joseph had been. I explained the programs for the brothel and how it kept track of clients and girls and could match people up based on some simple questions.

We worked out an arrangement for me to show them the programs and if they were happy, I’d be given the money to purchase the computers and then install them. We agreed that they would come to my apartment on Tuesday morning.

“We may have some other stuff for you to do from time to time as well.”

“Just let me know.”

“We have a guy in Hyde Park; his name is Theo. He’ll contact you if he needs anything, and he’s the one who’ll pay you every week.”

He gave me Theo’s address and phone number and I gave them mine. As I was leaving, he handed me an envelope that I shoved into my pocket. I walked out to the car and headed home. When I arrived back at my place, I checked the envelope and found five hundred dollars, which I could use to buy things I still needed. That reminded me that I needed to open a bank account, so I started a list of things I needed to do. I finished putting everything away and added a few things to my list. I stashed all the empty boxes and packing materials in Elyse’s room.

Before I fixed dinner, I called the Hilton Hotel and Towers downtown and asked for Tatyana Voronina. I was put through to her room and she answered on the third ring.

“«Добрый день! Татьяна Ивановна у телефона!»”

“Hello, this is Steve Adams. Is this Tatyana?”

“Oh yes, sorry! I simply said what you would say in English — ‘Good Afternoon, Tatyana speaking’. How are you?”

“Very good, thanks. I’m living in Chicago as of yesterday.”

“Very nice. You are able to come to reception on Wednesday?”

“Yes. I’m really looking forward to it.”

“Good. You shall be escort. It is possible to see you before reception?”

“Of course. Other than tomorrow morning, I don’t have any specific plans for the rest of the week. Do you want me to come there?”

“Is easiest, I think. I have bodyguard who must be with me except when I am in room.”

Bodyguard? Probably. Minder? Most certainly. I wondered if she’d be allowed to be alone with me.

“When did you want to see me?” I asked.

“Perhaps tomorrow afternoon? We can go to Sears Tower and Art Museum? Bodyguard must join us.”

“That’s fine. If it’s OK, I’d like to take you out to dinner for Chicago-style Pizza.”

“I would like! I check with mother, but I am sure she say ‘yes’. You come at thirteen tomorrow?”

A woman after my own heart, using twenty-four-hour time. I’d picked up the habit in Sweden and strongly preferred it. I’d also picked up a serious respect for the metric system and wished the US had simply changed in the 70s when it had been discussed.

“Yes, I’ll see you at thirteen!”

We hung up, and I reflected on things we had talked about in Austria and her letters. She’d only been allowed to start dating when she turned seventeen, which had been this past January. It would be interesting to see how a date accompanied by a bodyguard went. I laughed when I realized that Kara’s dad probably wished he’d kept a bodyguard with her, not to protect her life, but to protect her virginity! I also knew, in this case, the bodyguard was to make sure Tatyana didn’t defect, in addition to protecting her.

I cooked a simple dinner for myself, and after I ate, I cleaned up and then called Kara.

“Hi, Snuggle Bear!” she giggled.

I sighed, “You just had to say that in front of Bethany! And she repeated it in front of my sister!”

“Oh stop! They’re girls; they understand.”

“I cannot see my little sister calling ANYONE ‘snuggle bear’ or ‘pookie’ or anything like that.”

“You never know! How was your first night on your own?”

“Lonely,” I faux whined. “I needed you in my bed with me!”

“Oh, don’t feed me those lines, Steve Adams! You were just fine; I know better.”

“You do! But it is true; I wish you were here with me now, instead of next year.”

“Me too. I decided to tell my dad about my school choices today. He flipped his lid.”

“Of course he did. He was hoping you would go off to one of those Evangelical schools and forget about me. In fact, I bet he told you he was hoping you would go to Grace Bible College.”

“Of course he did! It’s the furthest away from you. But I told him I was going to pick my own schools and study what I wanted. I guess it’s going to be even worse here, now.”

“Just hang in there.”

“Well, he basically said he didn’t want you to come visit me. He and mom had a debate about that. You can still come to dinner, but we can’t go out or anything.”

“He’s making a huge mistake. It’s the same thing I warned my mom about with regard to Stephanie. He’ll drive you away if he doesn’t lighten up, and you’ll come straight to me when you graduate.”

“That’s what mom said to him after I left the room. I heard them talking; he doesn’t agree.”

“Neither did my mom. It wouldn’t surprise me to see my sister pick a school close to wherever I’m living. I already promised to help her buy her own car so my mom can’t mess with her. That will make my mom angry, but I simply don’t care.”

“Well, we can’t fix any of this today. I have a year of High School left. When do you think you’ll come and visit?”

“Maybe Labor Day weekend. Even though they’ll only have been gone from home a few weeks, maybe Kathy, Elyse, and Bethany would want to come home, and if Bethany drove here from Madison, we could all drive down together to save gas and wear and tear. See what your mom thinks. Make sure you talk to her first, not your dad.”

“I will! I want to see you!”

“I want to see you, too. I’m marking the dates on my calendar!”

We talked for a few more minutes and after we expressed our love, hung up. I made quick calls to Kathy and Elyse to give them the address and phone number. Kathy said she’d call me when she moved into her dorm and Elyse said that she’d see me on Sunday when her parents brought her to Chicago.

I went over my list of things that I wanted to do on Monday and realized that most, if not all, of them would need to be done later in the week because I was seeing Tatyana. I knew she was in town through Friday, but I wasn’t sure what her plans were beyond today and the reception. Nothing on the list was urgent.

I curled up with The Stand in the bay window and read until about 10:00pm. I wrote in my journal and then turned in. It was nice sleeping in a queen-sized bed after having only had a twin bed at home. I’d been spoiled staying at Melanie’s with Karin and Jennifer, and was glad to have the larger bed.

On Monday morning I kept to my new routine of jogging and breakfast. The furniture delivery was scheduled for between 8:00am and 10:00am, so I had to hang around the apartment. At 9:00am I called the dojo and got a recording saying they didn’t open until 10:00am. I made a note to call again later because I’d be leaving to go downtown before then. I called about cable TV, which Elyse had mentioned, and was told that the apartment building was wired and basic channels were free. I just needed a coaxial cable, and I’d be all set. I decided to wait for Elyse to see if she wanted any additional channels, because I watched almost no television. I added getting a coaxial cable to my list, figuring I could get one at the stereo store or, if not, at a RadioShack.

At 9:30am the buzzer rang, and I was happy to see the furniture delivery truck parked in front of the building when I looked out. I buzzed them in and when they left twenty minutes later, I had a couch, loveseat and two easy chairs to go with the coffee table, standing lamps, and entertainment center. I grabbed the throw pillows I’d purchased and tossed them on the couch. I realized I needed some artwork for the walls and added that to my ‘to do’ list.

I reviewed the list and checked the phone book for the closest post office. I walked the 5 blocks to the Post Office which was in a cool looking brick building that really fitted the neighborhood. I filled out the change of address form and turned it in, then asked the clerk about the BMV. He told me that in Illinois it was the Secretary of State’s office, and that the best option was either downtown or in Bridgeview. I thanked him and walked home.

I pulled out the phone book and found the number for the Secretary of State’s office in the Loop and called to find out about getting an Illinois driving license, as well as plates for my car. I got all the details and decided to head downtown immediately, because I’d have two hours before I needed to meet Tatyana. I dressed in white slacks with a dark blue polo, grabbed my fedora, and headed downtown. I parked the car in a parking garage near the Sears Tower, then walked the short distance to the Secretary of State’s office. I was happy to see that the wait was short enough that I’d be able to get my license and plates and still have time to make it to the hotel by 1:00pm.

After filling out the forms and handing over my Ohio license, Ohio Title and Registration, and some cash, I was given new plates and had my picture taken. Ten minutes later, I walked out with my new license and went back to the car. I got a screwdriver from my small toolkit I kept in the trunk and quickly swapped the plates. I put the paperwork in the glove compartment and then locked the car. I checked my watch and saw I had just enough time to grab lunch at Wendy’s on State Street. After I ate my double cheeseburger and fries, I took the subway to Chicago Street, then walked over the North Michigan Avenue. I arrived at the hotel about five minutes to 1:00pm.

I went to the reception desk and asked them to ring Tatyana’s room. They did, and I picked up the courtesy phone to speak to her. She told me that she would be right down and that I was to wait. About ten minutes later, I saw Tatyana step out of the elevator with a woman who appeared to be in her early 30s. I chuckled to myself because for some reason I’d assumed her bodyguard would be a man, but it made sense because a female bodyguard could follow her everywhere, including into the restroom.

Tatyana walked across the lobby to where I was standing.

“Good afternoon, Steve!” she said, kissing me three times on the cheek in the Russian style. “This is Major Anisimova, my bodyguard.”

Major, as in ‘KGB’, I thought to myself.

“Hi, Tatyana,” I replied. “Good afternoon, Major Anisimova.”

“Hello, Mr. Adams. As you know, I will be with you and Tatyana for the afternoon. She has explained this, yes?”

“Yes, she has. I hope you’ll enjoy the sight-seeing as well.”

She ignored my attempt to be friendly, which, ultimately, didn’t surprise me.

“Please remember, you must tell me each place you plan to go before we go there. And if I say ‘no’, then we do not go. Your government has put restrictions on our travel as well as the ones we have ourselves.”

Wonderful. As much as I disliked communism, the idea that this seventeen-year-old girl was some kind of threat to national security was just silly. In fact, it was beyond silly, it was stupid.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.