The House at Sand Pines - Cover

The House at Sand Pines

Copyright© 2015 by Coaster2

Chapter 11: A Nasty Reminder

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 11: A Nasty Reminder - An unlikely friendship begets unlikely gifts. And then there was "The Face." Stranger things might have happened, but not to me.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

Apparently I wasn't out for very long. As I came to, I looked up at the helm and saw Charlotte in command. I could see the mainsail had been lowered, something that could be done from the cockpit, but not easily.

"Are you okay?" I asked weakly. She hadn't been watching me and was occupied with handling the boat.

She turned to me and I could see the tracks of tears on her beautiful face.

"Oh, Nolan. Are you alright? I'm so scared. I don't know what to do."

"Yeah ... just knocked out for a couple of minutes, I guess."

I began to try and get to my feet, but I was dizzy and with the rocking of the boat adding to my problems, I had a hard time getting upright. I could also feel nausea coming on. Looking around, I saw that we were further out in the strait, but heading north-west. The Genoa was still in play, but snapping and whipping around as Charlotte had the boat headed approximately into the wind.

Loosening the line for the Genoa, I started the motor to take it in. I held the line to keep the sail from wrapping on itself and jamming the self-furling mechanism. I had a nasty headache and my vision wasn't very good, but I knew we needed to do this to get full control of the boat. So far, I'd been able to suppress the nausea. The uninstalled jibe guard would have protected us from just this kind of accident. That would be the first order of business before we sailed again.

I started the engine, but left Charlotte at the helm, asking her to bring the boat about and head for Cape Lazo. We would motor in, hoping by the time we got to the inner harbour that my vision and mental faculties would have somewhat returned.

"Sweetheart, let me take the helm. I need you to go below and get me three Tylenol from the little cupboard above the fridge. A cup of water too, please."

She nodded and took off immediately when I put my hands on the wheel. She was back in seconds, handing me the water and then the pills, one at a time, putting them in my mouth as I swallowed them with water. I turned helm back to her and sat in the cockpit stern cushions. I closed my eyes and waited for the pills to take effect and lessen the pain in my head.

I checked now and then to confirm that she had the boat on the correct heading and was relieved that she was. I would have to give her some guidance when we got closer to the north entrance to the harbour. It took a while before I could feel any lessening of my headache, but gradually it did improve. I still had a mild feeling of nausea while my eyesight was better, but I felt pain there as well. I worried that I might have a concussion, but there was nothing I could do about it until I got home and spent some time in bed.

Charlotte had remained calm after her initial fear for my health and getting control of the boat. She had done a great job of doing what was necessary to get us back to port. It was almost ninety minutes from when I came to until I guided her into the marina. I took the helm, now feeling I could manage despite the persistent headache. I motored slowly among the floating docks, gradually working our way toward our slip.

Charlotte tied us off forward while I was able to deal with the stern line. Once moored, I killed the engine and sat down on a stern cushion once more. Getting up and down was still producing dizziness, as was moving my head too quickly. It wasn't a good sign. I was pretty sure I was concussed and I bowed to the inevitable.

"Sweetheart, would you please drive me to St. Josephs? I think I need to have a doctor check me over. I feel like I've got a concussion."

"Of course. Let me help you out of the boat and I'll bring the car down here so you don't have to walk so far."

Seeing the worry written on her face somehow made her even more beautiful to me. She cared. She cared that I was hurt and wanted me to get help. As good as her word, she was back quickly with the car and walked me to it, helping me get seated. I fastened my seatbelt and we were off on the five minute trip to St. Joseph's.

We entered emergency and found several people ahead of me. I stepped to the admitting window and a nurse took my information and care card. I would have to wait for a doctor to examine me.

"I'll stay here with you, Love," she said. "I'm just going to park the car and I'll be right back.

I gave her a light kiss of thanks and got a smile in return.

It was almost an hour before I was ushered into a little cubicle and a rather harried looking young doctor came in. He confirmed that indeed I had a low grade concussion. He gave me a list of do's and don'ts, as well as a prescription for some pain pills. Charlotte was with me when the doctor was there, so she was aware of his cautions. She walked me out to the car and drove directly to my home.

Travis ran across the road the minute he saw me get out of the car, but somehow, dog instinct I suppose, he knew I wasn't well and his greeting was subdued for both myself and Charlotte. She took me directly to the bedroom and helped me out of my clothes, leaving me in just my briefs and a t-shirt. I had no appetite, but Charlotte wasn't offering food. She wanted me in bed and resting. She would be staying the night, she announced.

When I next awoke, the room was dark. The clock radio showed nine-eighteen. It meant I had been out for almost four hours. The pain pills I took at the hospital had done their job. When I looked in the ensuite, I saw a new prescription for them. Charlotte must have gone to the pharmacy while I slept. My vision was also better, but still, the dizziness persisted if I moved too quickly or abruptly. I wandered out of the bedroom to look for my lady and found her curled up on my old sofa, sleeping.

I couldn't resist. I leaned over and kissed her. Her eyes flickered then opened, smiling as she saw me.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A bit. That was a nasty reminder not to take safety for granted. That could have just as easily been you. I've got to call my boss and let him know what happened. I'll need his help to get Tuesday's paper prepared."

"No ... Nolan. If you can't concentrate with your headache, how are you going to edit a newspaper properly? Call him and let him know you've had an accident and you need someone to take over for you."

"Okay ... let me talk to him," I agreed reluctantly.

This had happened once before when the power went out for almost twenty hours and made my job impossible. Greg stepped in and put something together to at least get a skeleton edition out. We may have to settle for that tomorrow. I hit the speed dial to his home and he answered after a couple of rings.

"Hi, Nolan. What's up?"

"I'm sorry, Greg, but I'm had an accident and I'm suffering from a concussion. I'm going to be unable to get my Tuesday edition to the printer by tomorrow evening."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's not too serious," he said.

"I don't think so, but I've got recurring headaches and I'm having some vision problems. The doctor thinks they will subside in a day or two, but for now, I can't concentrate and get the work done. I apologize. The accident was a result of my own carelessness."

"Don't worry about that, Nolan. I'm sure we can put something together. Can you send me what you have already from your stringers, the feature ads, and your own copy?"

"Sure. I'm sure I can do that. I appreciate your stepping in, Greg. I'll let you know if I have any doubts about Thursday. I'm hoping I'll be back to something like normal by then."

"Just take it easy and get better, Nolan. Keep me informed and we'll get the paper out one way or another."

I signed off, knowing I was about to lose the best boss a guy could have. Always supportive and this was just another example.

"Okay, Charlotte. It looks like I've got a couple of days I can take it easy and get better. Greg will step in for me. I just have to e-mail him the copy I already have for that edition."

"Good. I'm glad to hear that. I called the contractor for the fireplace and asked him to delay a week. I explained about your accident. I want you better as soon as possible," she said with a loving smile.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.