08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 84

Flashback – Ben – Back at the formerly captured hospital

George joined us on the roof along with the radio operator. We didn’t have to wait long. As the first rounds fell, George called in the azimuth changes and ordered, “Fire for effect.”

My hunch was correct: Towelheads flew out of the building like cockroaches and we shot the fuckers. The other Marines were damn good shots - they were only hindered by the limited range of their M4’s. That was a problem I didn’t have with my sniper rifle. George came over and remarked, “Damn Banzai, I wish we had some longer range weapons for our shooters.”

I suggested, “When we get back to the base let me talk to the armorer and see if I can come up with some of the Seal M25s for our better shooters.”

George asked as I took out another towelhead, “What will that do?”

I replied, “It’s based on a match grade M-14 so it fires the 7.62x 51round. That should get the better of the shooters out to at least 1000 yards - it’s what Jack uses. The only problem is you have to carry the ammo for it and it’s heavier than hell.”

George correctly analyzed, “Well the towelheads seem to understand the range limitations of our M4s so they stay just outside our range and fire at us.”

I laughed, “A hell of a lot of good it does for them to fire at us from that range since they are just wasting ammo - which is good for us.”

The final building fell under the onslaught of the artillery and they called and asked for more targets. George responded, “Sorry, but there’s nothing more right now.”

I suggested, “George, we should get a squad and go check the buildings for unexploded ordinance.”

George thought for a moment and recognized the problem, “Yes, that way the towelheads can’t use it to make IEDs.” He continued, “Is that something you would lead?”

I replied, “No George, I’m better used sitting up here with my sniper rifle and covering them. I would also like to keep my five other men up here because they’re above average shots. Whoever leads it needs to stay on the com and bug out if we call them.”

George said, “I’m going to call in to Colonel Maggie and let her know how the fire mission went. I will also request the M25s and ammo from her. Is there anything else you would like?”

I scanned the area and suggested, “See if she can come up with a M107 and a shitload of ammo for it.”

George asked “That’s the fifty caliber Barrett isn’t it?’

I smiled at him and said, “That’s right. If we can get one of those, the fucking towelheads are in for a big surprise. Hell, I can fire right through the walls and kill the bastards.”

One of the other Marines interrupts, “Child running toward the hospital.”

I moved to his side of the building, set up my rifle, looked through the scope and saw a girl that couldn’t be much older than twelve running toward the building wearing a suicide vest.”

I swore, “Those fucking bastards, using young girls!”

George leaned over and whispered an order, “Banzai, take the shot. She volunteered to be a suicide bomber to escape being almost continually raped. Please put her out of her misery.”

That made doing what I needed to do easier, however I still didn’t like it. I fired, her vest detonated and she was gone.

I asked George, “Tell me more about this?”

George whispered a reply, “The towelheads captured a large number of Christian people. They tortured all the men and killed them. They feel the Koran gives them the right to take the women and rape them as long as they don’t get pregnant. So they rape them all the time then make sure they take birth control pills each day.”

I had never heard of this so I asked, “Where the hell did you hear this?”

He leaned over and whispered, “It was in an officer’s briefing.”

I thought about it and commented, “They didn’t tell all of us because they were concerned about how the men would react.”

George affirmed, “That’s correct, so you can’t tell anyone.

This was something I wasn’t sure I could keep hidden from the men, especially the ones who were forced to kill a child suicide bomber.

George sent the team out to check for unexploded ordinance, then called Colonel Maggie with the report. Night was coming soon so I made sure to assign watch for the night. To prove I wasn’t bullshitting, I took one of the first watches...

Flashback – Jack – Office work

Colonel Maggie got another phone call. I could tell it was from George the Butterbar so I kibitzed on the conversation. Colonel Maggie noticed me and said, “Hell, I might as well put this on speaker.”

She put it on the speaker phone and then she ordered, “Lieutenant, Sgt. Reynolds is listening now so please repeat what you just reported.”

The Lieutenant repeated, “Sir, the fire mission was a total success. All the tall buildings have been decimated and many insurgents killed with rifle fire from the roof as they ran from the buildings. Sir, we found that the M4s lack the range we need so we are requesting four or five M25s with ammo and magazines for them.” I made a fist and shoved it into the air.

Colonel Maggie said, “It would appear that Sgt. Reynolds agrees with you on the request, I will see what I can do.”

The Lieutenant continued, “Sgt. Blaine also requested a M107 with, and these are his words, a shitload of ammo.”

Colonel Maggie said, “One minute Lieutenant.”

Colonel Maggie looked at me and asked, “Sgt. Reynolds, what is Sgt. Blaine thinking.”

I thought for a moment and replied, “Banzai must have some hardened targets that he wants to deal with.”

The Lieutenant confirmed, “That’s what Sgt. Blaine said.”

Colonel Maggie asked, “Anything else?”

It took a moment then the Lieutenant added, “Yeah, we need a new helmet for Sgt. Blaine, his was shot by the sniper.”

Colonel Maggie said, “I will get moving on this ASAP, good job holding the hospital. There is no need to tell you that this is now a major priority. Make sure the roof is clear and we will come in with a Blackhawk and unload on the roof.”

Colonel Maggie hung up the phone, looked at me and swore, “Sgt. Blaine needs a new helmet because the sniper shot it, what the fuck...”

I interrupted, “ ... Colonel Maggie, I’m almost positive that Banzai used his helmet as a decoy to locate the other sniper so don’t worry about it.”

Colonel Maggie continued to swear, “Someday that Sgt. is going to give me a coronary.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.