08 Together
Chapter 77

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Present – Ben and Jens and the rest – The next morning

Of course Jens and I spent last night together in my room, much to the chagrin of Liz and Bernie in the next room. They kept banging on the wall all night long and complaining about the noise. Jens banged on the wall and complained right back, “Hey I had to put up with this from you two so just shut up and enjoy the show.” There reply was to run up the television which was fine with me.

It was sure good as hell being back with my wife! I did have a shock when I opened the door in the morning since Ira had brought a chair and was sitting in front of our door. She sees me and says, “My tympanic membranes informed me you and Ms. Blaine have reconciled. I am thankful for this because Mira was not correct for you.”

I ask, “Ira what are you doing here?”

She smiles and answers, “I was making sure no one, especially Stacy Summers, tried to attack you during your reconciliation.”

It finally registers on my mind what Ira said about Mira so I ask, “Why wouldn’t Mira be correct for me?”

Ira replies, “Mr. Blaine, Mira simply wanted you because you did not want her. Once you wanted her and copulated with her, she would have discarded you like outdated footwear.”

In a little shock I declare, “Ira, you didn’t need to spend the night outside the room...”

Ira interrupts, “ ... Mr. Blaine it was something which I needed to do because it is my mission. Perhaps after breakfast, might we travel to the clinic to check on the welfare of my sister and Alexi?”

I respond with a question, “What about Yasmeen, Zarika and Safia?”

I go in further shock when she replies, “To Hades with them! Their dalliances with Alexi precipitated our capture by Boris the sex trafficker.”

That reminds me of a question which had bothered me, “Just how exactly was Boris able to capture skilled operators like you and Mira.”

Ira scoffed, “Mira was so great with the ‘illegitimate child dreaded fetus’ that she was no longer a prime operative. Mr. Blaine, I am ashamed to say they simply divided us and conquered us. They forced us to strip off our body armor and come through the door one person at a time. Upon our entry they Tazered us. I was able to defeat the first Taser attack but not the second. That does remind me that I believe the sheriff has our Katanas. Would it be possible for you to reclaim them for us?”

I smile at Ira and reply to everything, “Of course we will check on Mira, Alexi and the others after breakfast. Let me give Jim a call and see about getting the Katanas back but you might have to face charges for what you did to his deputy.”

Ira simply replies, “Mr. Blaine, we have diplomatic passports and therefore will face no criminal charges.”

Jens comes to the door wrapped in the sheets from the ‘well used’ bed and asks, “Ben, who are you talking to?”

I look at her and marvel that she looks so beautiful in the morning and reply, “Ira spent all night in a chair outside the door to protect us.”

Jens asks, “Ira, aren’t you tired?”

Ira replies, “No Ms. Blaine, I require very little sleep.”

I inform Jens, “After breakfast Ira would like to go to the clinic and check on Mira and Alexi.”

Jens gets some fire in her eyes as she says, “Yeah, I would like to have a little talk with Zarika and Yasmeen about the cabin!” Jens then suggests, “Ben my love, if you don’t mind I would like a shower before breakfast.”

I order Ira, “Ira, please go to your room and get some sleep.”

She complies, Jens and I head into the shower and I never realized showers could be so much fun...

Present – Liz and Bernie – The next day

Liz rolls over in the bed and complains, “Bernie, those two practically drove me crazy last night.”

Bernie laughs and says, “Yeah, it was sort of like us before the doctor told us no more sex.”

Liz pleads, “Bernie, I know we can’t have sex but couldn’t you at least?”

And Bernie certainly did...

Present – Samantha – New stories

It was terrible doing the video on Stacy as she shot Ben - thank God Ira was there and protected Ben. I wasn’t sure how Stacy’s craziness was going to affect our relationship, but there were other concerns for me right now. I needed to cover Ben and Jennifer getting back together.

We stayed in the room Stacy rented, once the Sheriff and Denver police searched the room to make sure law enforcement had all the weapons. I had no idea, but Bill and crew had a small arsenal of weapons in the room. I was able to convince the police and Sheriff Jim that Vic had no idea what Stacy was going to do, so he wasn’t arrested with Stacy and Bill but they did take all his weapons. Vic assured me, “Ms. Stevens don’t worry. Since they didn’t take my hands. I can still protect you.”

It was a good thing we kept the room because all the other Denver news crews took every remaining room. I wasn’t worried about them because Jennifer adored the way I covered her wedding so I was sure she would pay more attention to me.

I had John take some pictures of Irina as she sat outside of Ben and Jennifer’s room in a chair all night. It seemed strange until Vic explained she was their bodyguard and bodyguards do things like that.

The door opened briefly and Ben, Irina and even Jennifer had some discussions then Irina left and went back to her room. I looked at John and asked, “Are we ready for this?”

John says, “Of course, I’m just not sure how we will get close enough to interview them when there are already so many reporters standing around.”

Vic replies, “Don’t worry about that - that’s my job.”

I check my clothes and makeup and say, “Okay guys, let’s make our way to their door.”

We leave the room toward the throng of reporters waiting by the door. Vic leads the way and loudly announces, “Move to the side, official business!”

Amazingly it works until one reporter from KUSA refuses, “Hey, I know you - you’re Samantha Stevens from the Truth network. What’s this official business we need to move for?”

Vic growls, “Ms. Steven’s is the official reporter for Jennifer Blaine. Don’t you remember how she was the only reporter allowed at her wedding? Now please step aside and we might let you share our video.”

I was shocked that Vic knew so much about things but I guess he must have studied some before he came to work for me. The KUSA reporter talked with the rest of her crew and agrees, “Okay, we will move if we get second rights to the video.”

I get ready to answer and...

Present – Bernie and Liz – The next day

Bernie looks out the window and reports, “Liz, every news station in Denver must be here.”

I hopefully ask, “Is Samantha and the Truth network here?”

Bernie says, “Yeah, they’re arguing with that Arakawa reporter from KUSA.”

I decide it’s time for me to make my grand entrance. Yes, we had time yesterday to visit several boutique maternity shops so I looked (and from what Bernie did earlier) felt great.

I forcefully open the door, step out into the frenzy and announce, “Pregnant woman coming through!” That statement works almost as well as Moses parting the Red Sea. I walk up to where Samantha and the KUSA bitch are arguing and demand, “What the hell is going on here?”

Samantha blinks a few times (I can tell she is impressed with my outfit) and says, “Ms. Arakawa wants second broadcasting right to our report.”

I smile at Adele and say, “Sorry Adele, but you’ve refused to play ball with us a few too many times to make that sort of demand. Everyone knows that Jennifer Blaine is part owner of the Truth Network and that she gives us all the exclusives. So if you want to even see the video, move out of the way.”

Adele begins to get huffy. I see a Denver police officer and motion to him. As he comes over, I explain the situation to him and he orders, “Everyone except the Truth Network move back from the hotel door.”

They begin to complain that the officer can’t do that. Thom walks out of his room and says, “While he might not have the jurisdiction to do that, I certainly do. You have two choices, either move back the required distance or vacate the premises.”

Someone asks, “And who the hell are you to tell me to do that?”

Thom has a side discussion with the Denver officer after which he takes the man into custody and in a surprise move Thom announces, “I work for the US Marshal’s service. Now does anyone else have problems we need to deal with?”

Everyone quickly moves back so I stand beside Samantha and say, “Do your best.”

Samantha asks, “You aren’t doing the report?”

I smile at her and reply, “No, this is your baby. You do all the reports on Ben and Jennifer.”

I argue, “But Liz, you look great...”

Liz interrupts, “ ... Thank you, after seeing your updated wardrobe I figured the Truth Network needed a little more professional look.”

Present – Ben and Jens – Coming out of the room

Ben looks out the window and says, “Jens, it’s a fucking zoo out there. The whole parking lot is full of reporters.”

I giggle and ask, “Do you see the Truth Network?”

Ben answers, “Yeah, they are the closest to the door.”

Jens says, “Just a minute more and we can meet our adoring fans, but we’re only talking to the Truth Network.”

Ben takes a big swig of Knob Creek and I suggest, “Now you need to brush your teeth.” He takes another swig and says, “NOW I will brush my teeth.”

I take one more look at me in the mirror, decide I like what I see and say, “Come on Ben, this isn’t going to hurt.”

Ben is beside me as I fling open the door, see Samantha and say, “Sam, it’s so good to see you and everyone else here today.” Many reporters are yelling at us but I just ignore them.

Samantha begins the interview, “Good Morning America, this is Samantha Steven’s from the Truth Network, we are here with Mr. and Mrs. Blaine. Tell me please, is there any truth that you two are already having marital problems?”

I laugh and reply, “Well, we’re here together talking to you this morning after a great night, so what do you think?” I see Liz smirk at the great night comment.

Samantha continues, “So the report of you cutting your honeymoon...

I interrupt, “ ... Sam, as you know our cabin was destroyed in a maliciously set fire. That caused us to cut our honeymoon short so we could get to work on its repair.”

Sam asks a hard question, “And the report of Ben fathering a child with another woman?”

I prepare to answer but don’t need to...

Present – Ira and Thom – The defense

When I hear the question about Mira’s baby, I walk forward and announce, “My sister Miranda never carried Mr. Blaine’s child. And because we are twins I know they never even copulated. I will physically challenge anyone that spreads this false rumor.”

I fall back into a defensive martial arts position while the crowd of reporters start to mumble among themselves.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.