08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 67

Present – Liz and Bernie – After the meeting

After things are over with Thom, Bernie asks, “Do you have any idea where Samantha was going to get the story?”

I smile at Bernie and reply, “I don’t even have a clue, and to be truthful, I don’t really care.”

Bernie grins and says, “So, is this what it’s going to be like now that you’re pregnant?”

I return his grin and reply, “Sure, why not? With Samantha back on board, shouldn’t I be allowed to take some time off for our baby?”

Bernie laughs and asks, “Whatever happened to the Liz I used to know?”

I give Bernie a dirty look and reply, “You knocked me up, that’s what happened.” I stand up and continue, “Bernie, how about we do some of those new exercises that Jens gave us?”

Bernie agrees, “Yeah that’s a great idea, especially if it’s outside. Then we can take a shower when we’re done.”

I was sure the shower was going to be long, hot and especially steamy.

Present – Jens – The equipment room

I sent Linus to see if the Sheriff would give us a high speed escort to Denver, so that we could help Ben. Linus comes back into the equipment room and declares, “Jens, it’s over.”

I look at Linus and ask, “Linus, what the heck is over?”

Linus explains, “Jens, the mission to capture the sex traffickers is over.”

I practically explode. “What in the heck! Don’t tell me that beotch Stacy got there before us!”

Linus continues and quells some of my outrage, “No, Stacy didn’t end up helping Ben, in fact the Sheriff didn’t know who helped. From what I understand, there are no sex trafficker survivors and close to one hundred hostages. Jim, the Sheriff, is heading down there himself and has called in the local police to help.”

I get an idea, “Linus you don’t suppose...”

Linus grins and interrupts, “ ... Yes Jens, I asked the Sheriff if you and I could ride with him. He should be here in a few minutes. However we don’t want to look as paramilitary as we do.”

Thom asks...

Present – Thom – gearing up for the mission

With the mission being scrubbed, I’m going to lose the chance to get in better graces with Jennifer, so I ask, “Jennifer if you don’t mind, I would like to tag along?”

Jennifer glares at me and I’m sure she’s going to kill the idea but then Linus surprises me when he stands up for me, “Jens it’s probably a good idea for Thom to come since he’s an experienced operator and might be able to help.”

Jennifer asks, “Why would we need any help? I thought it was over?”

Linus replies, “Well, you never know, so I’d rather be safe than sorry, especially since Maria can’t come.”

I ask, “Why can’t Maria come?”

Jennifer fills in the blank, “Because she’s taking care of her and Linus’ baby.”

I congratulate him, “Linus, I’m glad to hear your great news.”

Then I begin to formulate a new plan...

Present – Jens – The equipment room

I suppose I can’t avoid taking Thom with us, not after Linus stood up for him in such a demanding manner. I am still angry at him for insulting Inga in such a terrible manner, however I do realize that some of my anger toward Thom might be because of Ben. In the end, I decide to cut him some slack.

We dump most of our tactical gear, keeping some pistols just in case, and the intercom announces, “The Sheriff’s vehicle is in the garage.”

We walk into the garage and Linus says, “I hope you don’t mind if we all tag along.”

The Sheriff says, “No problem, just make sure you can follow orders.”

I want some time to talk to the Sheriff so I loudly call, “Shotgun.”

Linus swears, “Damn Jens, you beat me to it.”

The guys pile into the back, I take the front seat, notice a laptop computer and ask, “Do you have real time Internet on this?”

The Sheriff replies, “We sure do. Anymore it seems like we spend half our time on the computer and the other half bored as hell.”

I continue with the questions, “Sheriff...”

He interrupts, “ ... Please Jennifer, feel free to call me Jim...”

I continue, “Okay Jim, then feel free to call me Jens. Do you have any idea when we can start rebuilding the cabin?”

Jim replies, “Jens is normally a man’s name, but if you’re comfortable with it, then so am I. I will talk to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and see when they are ready to release the cabin. However you do realize insurance won’t cover the fire.”

I want to explode about the two little beotchs who burned down our cabin, but I bite my tongue and say, “Thanks Jim, I am aware of that. Do you know if Yasmeen and Zarika were with the others that Ben saved?”

Jim says, “Sorry Jens, I have no idea who Ben has rescued. To be truthful, I didn’t ask and Ben didn’t tell me.”

I continue with the ‘third degree’, “I heard a rumor that you and Ben were friends in high school.”

Jim laughs, “Jens, that’s putting it mildly. Ben was the only friend I had and I was his only friend.”

This is part of Ben’s life that I have no idea about so I ask, “Jim, why’s that? Ben seems likeable enough now.”

Jim gets serious and responds, “Jens, from looking at you, I would say that you never grew up half Indian in a small Colorado town because you look like the quintessential cheer leader.”

I blush slightly at the comment and reply, “Jim, I didn’t fit in as much as you think. I was always several grades ahead of others my age and some problems came with that. If you don’t mind, tell me more about Ben’s problems.”

Jim continues with the serious countenance, “I don’t know how many times I heard Ben called a half-breed. Plus his father was – well excuse my French - a real son of a bitch and beat the shit out of Ben all the time and practically killed him a few times.”

I think for a moment and ask, “So his father is responsible for the scars on his back?”

Jim nods his head, “That and even more – shit I forgot! Congratulations on your marriage, if any two people in the world deserve happiness, it’s you two. By the way, I am certain that Ben didn’t get that other woman pregnant.”

Wow, did Jim’s last sentence resemble a mine field or what. I fight back my anger, ignore most of what he said and reply, “Thanks Jim, for the congratulations, I just hope I haven’t ruined our marriage.”

Jim makes me feel better when he assures me, “Jens, I wouldn’t worry about that. I’ve never seen Ben more in love than when he talks about you.”

Darn it to heck, I want to find out what Ben said to Jim when he talked about me but Jim, says, “Well, it looks like we’re here.”

Present – Ben – The aftermath

I open the cell that housed Mira, Ira, Zarika, Yasmeen, and who I can only assume is Mira and Ira’s brother and one other girl I recognize from my wedding with Jens.

Ira says, “Ben, your Mira does not feel she is adequately presentable for you to occulate.”

I command, “Mira get your ass up here! I’m getting all of you out of here.”

The minute I announce some were being rescued there’s a huge cacophony of shouts from the other cells, demanding to be freed. I ignore the noise, Mira finally steps to the front of the cell where I can see her and I want to swear: She’s been treated worse than an animal. Those fucking sex traffickers got off too damn easy - I wish I could go back and torture them!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.