08 Together
Chapter 60

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Flashback – Ben and George (the Butterbar) – Spotter training and other things.

The AC-130 started making circles around the hospital, small at first and then larger, and it wasn't long until there were no more insurgents attacking us. I looked around to find George and saw he was on the horn so I walked over and heard, "Yes, the area is clear and will continue to be clear if you don't waste too much time."

George saw me and asked, "Is the Captain ready for transport?"

I grinned at him, threw him a salute and replied, "Yes Sir! Most certainly Sir!"

He glared at me and swore, "Sgt. Blaine, what the fuck was that for?"

I continued the grin and said, "Sorry Lieutenant, but with the Captain indisposed I wasn't sure of our relationship."

He laughed and said, "Sgt. Blaine, you really do have a knack for annoying officers..."

To prove the point I interrupted, " ... Yes Sir! Thank you Sir for the compliment."

George ordered, "Sgt. Blaine, please provide over watch for the incoming medivac chopper."

I suggested, "George, perhaps we should station a Marine on each side of the building."

George grinned at me and ordered, "Good idea Sgt. Blaine, now implement your plan."

Damn, George sure learned fast on how to be an officer. I walked over to the Marines who were kicking back and said, "I need three volunteers to watch the other three sides of the building."

I was shocked by the response I received: They looked at me and began to complain, "Why don't you go fuck yourself – Take a hike – Go watch the fucking building yourself."

I glared at them and demanded, "What the hell is wrong?"

One of them stood up and glared in response, "We saw you providing medical care for the fucking Captain, that's what's wrong."

I began to answer them when George walked over and said, "Sgt. Blaine, don't tell me you're having problems with the other Marines."

I looked at George and lied, "No Sir!" Then I pointed at the three that mouthed off and continued, "These three Marines volunteered to watch the other three sides of the building."

I could tell I made some points for not telling George the truth as they got up and headed to the sides of the building while I took up position on the side closest to the LZ.

Flashback – Jack – in the hospital

Colonel Maggie walked up beside my bed, smiled at me and teased, "Well this is a fine mess you got yourself into. What some Marines will do for a little vacation."

My voice was still bad so I croaked, "Sir! It's not my fault..."

Colonel Maggie, shushed me and said, " ... Don't worry Jack, I know all about what went on with that asshole Captain. He's headed back here and he'll be lucky if I don't pull a 'General Donaldson' on him."

In confusion I asked, "What's a 'General Donaldson'?"

Colonel Maggie smiled and replied, "That's our slang for sending someone to Thule."

I began to laugh which made me cough, which brought the nurse over who said, "Good job Sgt. Reynolds, keep on coughing."

I complained, "But it makes my chest hurt when I cough."

The nurse handed me a pillow and said, "Just hug this to your chest, it should help."

Colonel Maggie said, "Jack, when you get released back to duty, I have a new job for you."

From the grin on her face I knew it was something I wasn't going to like so I asked, "Sir! I hate to say this, but I need to get back to Banzai as soon as possible."

Colonel Maggie smiled and ordered, "Sgt. Reynolds, it's going to be more than a month until you're fit for combat duty. So until then, you're going to be training the new arrivals."

My voice cracked when I tried to yell, "What the hell! Why me?"

Colonel Maggie laughed, "Because you were unlucky enough to get shot in the ass. And because I can't afford to waste this opportunity. Now get well quick as your recruits are waiting."

She left and I swore to myself - son of a bitch! I hated training green recruits and I think Colonel Maggie knew that. This was going to be one looong month of recovery...

Flashback – Masha – The evening

I was still in shock when Louise showed up after work and again she wasn't alone. Gwen and her son George followed along with Brenda and her daughter Tina and even Michael showed up again.

I met them at the front door where Louise noticed the new door and said, "Now that's a front door, I bet it cost you a small fortune!"

Linda couldn't wait to get into Louise's arms so I handed her to Linda as Michael said, "It didn't cost Masha anything, why don't you tell them Masha?"

I then told them how the building supply company donated the door and the delivery of the door and even paid John to install it.

Then I cried a little, "I ... I ... I don't know why people are treating me so well, it's embarrassing."

Louise hugged me and replied, "Not only is my aunt Masha a badass, she's a humble badass."

Then I remembered something and apologized, "Everyone I am sorry since I forgot to prepare dinner."

Michael laughed and commented, "Louise, you forgot to tell Masha. Masha you didn't forget to cook dinner - the store bought dinner for us tonight because you're a hero. Please tell me you have a barbeque around here."

I was shocked again, began to sniffle and replied, "I think there's something in the back yard."

Michael opened the back door, and remarked, "Hey, this looks great and it's charcoal not gas."

He went to the back yard and the children were on the floor playing as the other women surrounded me and Gwen asked, "Masha, how are you doing today?"

I looked at the ground, shook my head and said, "Not very well I am afraid. Last evening I killed a teenage girl and I just can't get that out of my mind."

The doorbell rang, I jumped like crazy and Louise said, "Don't worry Masha I will get it."

Brenda tried to comfort me, "Masha, please don't beat yourself up about this because those girls have been problems for years. Sooner or later they were going to kill someone or someone was going to kill them."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.