08 Together
Chapter 44

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Flashback – Jack and Ben – The trip to hell ... at the hospital.

I had just ordered (or maybe just tried to order) Banzai to not go off crazy like he did in Russia, but he grinned at me and said, "Jack, that's a great fucking idea! I hadn't thought about taking off like I did in Russia until you mentioned it."

Son of a bitch! I sure as hell didn't want to give him the idea. I continued my caution, "Banzai, Colonel Maggie won't put up with that bullshit like Major M did!"

He laughed and announced, "Gotcha Jack! Of course this isn't Russia and while I would like to take off and kick ass like I did in the mother country, I can't figure out anyway to get the same thing done in this fucking country."

I swore, "Banzai, keep it up and I will..."

Banzai laughed and interrupted...

Jack was feeling his oats and needed to be taken down a notch or two. I laughed and said, " ... You will what? Hell, you couldn't kick my ass when you were 100% and now with your busted up back, you don't have a snowballs chance in hell."

The Captain unfortunately overheard what I said, walked over to us and asked, "Sgt. Reynolds, what's this about you having a busted up back? I was led to believe that you were fit for duty."

I needed to do something fast so I answered, "Sorry Sir! Jack's back is a joke that we share. He's fit for duty. Prove it to him Jack, bend down and touch your toes."

Jack tried to avoid the whole subject by starting what would be an endless number of steps, "Okay, but first I need to take off my pack and body armor."

The Captain waved us off and said, "Forget it, you two need to head for the roof of the hospital and provide over watch for us."

We began to haul ass to the roof and Jack of course complained, "Damn Banzai, keep that yap of yours shut about my back."

Flashback – Masha – A rude introduction to America

Tonight had turned out to be worse than ever! After defending myself on the bus from the youthful hooligans who were intent on raping me, I was arrested and now I was in the back of a police car headed to the police station. I fought back the tears which wanted to fall from my eyes - I needed to be strong and wise.

We arrived at the police station and I was thankful that I was taken in a police car since many of the others on the bus got out of the back of what looked like a delivery truck. We were all taken inside and once again, I was afforded a slightly more civil treatment: Instead of standing at the desk to talk to the desk sergeant, I was taken back to a desk and the policeman requested, "Sit in the chair and I will be back in a few minutes."

I complied and waited and what I saw made me thankful for the 'special' treatment. The police brought in many unruly, loud, smelly and angry people who shouted at the policeman and physically fought against their restraints.

The policeman came back to the desk, sat behind it, sighed and lamented, "What a night!"

I still fought back the tears and agreed, "Yes, this has been a terrible night for me. All I wanted to do was go and see a movie and now..." I could no longer hold back the tears and a few trickled down my cheeks.

The policeman looked surprised and said, "Ms. Reynolds, please don't cry. We have not taken the time to fully explain what is happening but you misunderstand why you are here. You're not being arrested; in fact you did us a very large favor tonight."

He was correct as I did not understand so I inquired, "I do not understand, if I am not arrested, why am I in handcuffs and what is this so called large favor I did for you?"

The policeman apologized profusely, "I'm sorry Ms. Reynolds, I forgot about the handcuffs. Let me take those off you."

I felt better when he removed the handcuffs, then he continued, "As far as the big favor, we had been looking for this gang for many weeks. The bus you were on wasn't the first bus they had ransacked, in fact they usually attacked one bus a night. I will say, you are lucky as hell because most of the people who fought back, either man or woman, were raped – and then stabbed multiple times."

I had regained some courage so I asked, "Then why did you bring me to the police station in handcuffs?"

The policeman simply explained, "Ms. Reynolds, it was for your protection. If the gang thought you were going to get off, then they would have wanted to perform retribution on you. In addition, we need you here to identify the perps in a line-up."

I did not understand the last part of his statement so I asked, "What is a 'perps' and what is a 'line-up'?"

He apologized, "Sorry again Ms. Reynolds, it's what we call police jargon. Perps is short for perpetrator and a line-up is where they bring in the perps along with other people and you are asked to select the perps from the many choices standing next to each other in a line. Do you feel like you can identify the perps?"

I knew I could but I had a grave concern, "Yes sir, I can easily identify them. However, if they see me identify them will they not want retribution against me?"

The police man laughed, "Sorry once more, I forgot to mention you will be behind a one way mirror, you can see them but they will not be able to see you."

I continued with my concerns, "Will I not be required to identify them at a trial and will they not see my face at that time? What will keep them from seeking retribution at that time?"

The policeman looked concerned and tried to make me believe his statement, "Ms. Reynolds, if your testimony is good enough they will go to jail."

I practically laughed and answered, "Sir! Do not try to tell me that all these hooligan teenagers will go to prison. I know that some of them will avoid jail time and then they will seek the retribution you mentioned earlier. So what is to prevent them from attempting to perform that act."

The policeman gave me a sheepish look and admitted, "Ms. Reynolds, you are correct..."

He tried to continue but I interrupted, " ... Sir! Before you become concerned, please answer this question for me: If one of the hooligan teenagers came to my home and attempted to injure a person at my home, what would happen if I terminated them?"

The policeman asked for clarification, "Are you asking what would happen if they tried to attack you on your property and you killed them?"

I replied, "That is exactly what I am asking."

He became slightly defensive and asked, "Ma'am are you sure you would want to kill one of them?"

I smiled at him and made him aware of my Russian attitude, "Sir, Why not? You have told me they have injured many people without concern for the results of their actions. Sir, they are no longer teenagers or even human beings, they have become rabid animals which need to be terminated!"

He shook his head and answered, "Ms. Reynolds, I couldn't believe a woman of your caliber could perform such an act..."

I once again interrupted before he made a fool of himself, " ... Sir, if they attack me and my property I most certainly would defend myself and the child I am taking care of."

He finally confessed, "Ms. Reynolds, while I couldn't officially condone such an act, you would be justified in defending yourself and any children on your property."

I smiled at him and closed the conversation, "Then I will perform your line-up and also appear in court if needed. These hooligan teenagers need to be placed behind bars."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.