08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 33

Present – Bernie and Liz – at the cabin

I look at Liz and ask, "Since we took care of the problem with the twins, is there anything else we need to do here?"

Liz grins at me and says, "Bernie, I'm itching to find out if I'm preggers so I would love to use the home pregnancy test before we leave. Besides, if I am preggers it would be good to know before we shop for a house because we might need something larger than we originally talked about."

Yeah, Liz and I discussed getting someplace small and quaint, but that was before we thought she might be pregnant. I smile at Liz and tease, "Don't forget to clean yourself first."

Liz gets sassy with me...

Bernie is certainly in a playful mood but that's okay since I can dish it out with the best so I offer, "Well you could always come in with me to help make sure I'm clean."

He laughs and answers, "Sorry, I already have a job. I'm the official clock watcher. Besides, if I did come it to help clean you up, you'd probably end up dirtier than before we started."

He winked at me and I knew that he was intimating sex so I continue to tease, "Okay, but you don't know what you're missing."

Bernie laughs and says, "Liz, I sure know what I would be missing, but I want to wait until after the test."

I enter the bathroom, clean myself with the provided wet wipe then pee on the stick. I set it on a paper towel on the counter, cover it with another paper towel and yell at Bernie, "Start your watch."

This has to be the longest five minutes of my life! Knowing that at one time I could never have children, I hadn't thought much about what life would be like with one. Now I needed to face the cold hard reality which might change...

Present – Samantha and Stacy – at the cabin

Wow, Stacy is really broken up over Ben marrying Jennifer! I thought she was stronger than this but after Liz tells her that Jennifer and Ben are having sex like horny rabbits, she breaks down and cries. I hold my BFF and say, "Stacy, you need to get over this. You're much too good a woman to be pining over Ben."

Stacy sobs, "Samantha that's not true. I am barely good enough for Ben. However, Jennifer surely isn't good enough for him. What the hell does he see in her?"

I have done some research on the two of them and try to provide Stacy an answer, "Stacy, the only thing I can think of is the common bond they share as Marines." I think a bit more then add, "Oh, and the fact that she's been pursuing him like crazy for years."

Stacy surprises me when she says...

I can't accept Samantha's evaluation of why Ben married Jennifer (UGH). I look at Samantha and counter, "I don't agree with all of your evaluation Sam. I think that Ben married her simply because he got tired of being chased by her. If I had been smarter I would have chased after Ben harder."

Samantha reminds me, "Stacy, you tried your hardest to find Ben but your crazy satellite told you Ben was heading to California."

I look at Samantha, snap my fingers and say, "Samantha, I could almost kiss you! I'm sure that Jennifer hacked my satellite and since we're here at the cabin, I bet we can find some proof."

Samantha asks, "Stacy, how do you plan on doing that?"

I smile and answer, "By getting into the tunnels and hacking into her computer system. There has to be some sort of trace of the satellite hacking left on her system. Why don't you keep doing your reports for Liz and I will see about getting into the tunnels."

I begin to head toward the garage and my phone rings...

Present – Liz and Bernie – at the cabin

I haven't been able to watch the home pregnancy stick because – well, because I haven't really dealt with my own emotions on whether or not I want to become a mother. Bernie yells through the closed door, "Liz, it's time!"

I remove the paper towel covering the stick, look at it and now I know. Bernie yells, "Liz, are you okay?"

I open the door, hold up the stick and say, "Bernie, it looks like we're going to be parents."

Bernie's enthusiasm astounds me! He runs to me, picks me up, swings me around and says, "Liz, that's the best news I've ever heard. Now let's get out of here and go find a house."

Bernie puts me down, we head toward the exit, open the door and find Stacy right outside.

Bernie blabs, "Stacy, we're going to have a baby!"

Stacy smiles and offers, "Congratulations to the both of you, I didn't know you were trying."

I announce, "Well, we weren't really but it just sort of happened."

Stacy asks, "I need to go to the bathroom, do you think it would be okay if I used one of them in here?"

Stacy's been so great with us I figure it won't hurt so I say, "Sure. It's down the hallway on the right. Just close the door on your way out and it will automatically lock."

Present – Stacy – in the tunnels

Getting into the tunnels was almost too easy. I pull out my phone, call Bill (he had called me earlier and I told him to get his ass to the cabin) and announce, "Bill I'm in. The team and you need to get here as soon as possible.

I begin to wander through the tunnels and I'm amazed at how nice they are and how much room there is. I carefully check each room and finally walk into a storage room. I'm really surprised upon finding the back wall has slid open and reveals what has to be Jennifer's (UGH) computer center.

My phone rings - Bill has finally arrived. I head back to the door and open it as he and a small contingent of men walk in. I say, "Bill, the computer center is this way." I take all of them to the computer center.

The other men begin to work on the computer systems while Bill is examining the door. He turns, smiles at me and says, "This is really something - it looks like a certain combination of circuit breakers opens the door. I would say we're lucky as hell it was open otherwise we never would have found this."

I smile since it's about time I started to have some luck (other than bad luck) on my side...

Present – Masha, Jack and the children – Leadville airport

We land safely at the Leadville airport and Ivan begins to clap. Ms. Mabel looks at him and asks, "Ivan, why are you clapping."

Ivan remembers from his early childhood, "Ms. Mabel, I clap for good and well landing like we do in Russia when aeroplane land."

Ms. Mabel remarks, "I have never heard of that but it does sound like a good tradition so she begins to clap and I decide I might as well join them."

Jack had fallen into a drunken sleep, wakes up and asks, "Why is everyone clapping? What's going on?"

Ivan says, "Papa, we clap for good and well landing."

Jack says, "That sounds like a good idea." Then even he begins to clap.

The pilot announces, "Please stay in your seats and keep your seatbelts fastened. We have another C-130 coming in right behind us so we need to move out of the way."

It seems like forever until the pilot finally announces, "Okay, we've stopped so you can all exit the aircraft."

I look at Ms. Mabel and ask, "Ms. Mabel, Jack's back has gone out and I was hoping you could help me..."

She interrupts, " ... Heavens yes I will help you! What can I do?"

I reply, "If you could help with Veronika and Ivan I will take care of Jack by myself."

She replies, "I certainly will."

Ms. Mabel takes Veronika in her car seat and the diaper bag while I tell Ivan, "You follow Ms. Mabel while I help your father."

I move over to Jack and ask, "Honey, we need to exit the airplane. Are you up to moving?"

Jack grimaces as I help him up. I put his arm over my shoulder, he leans on me with most of his weight and we shuffle for the back of the plane.

We reach the door, begin down the ramp and I see someone who might be able to help us...

Present – Thom and Inga – Leadville airport

I don't know whether to be pissed at Inga for her bad joke or be thankful she's still on my team. We start down the ramp at the rear of the C-130 and Inga says, "Thom, do you hear that?"

I look at Inga and ask, "Hear what?"

She points and says, "Look at the other C-130. Isn't that Masha and Jack? She seems to be yelling for us."

Masha begins to wave and I comment, "Great, I wonder what those two want."

Inga doesn't answer me and begins to run toward the other C-130 while I decide to take my time.

Then I see them taking a stretcher out of the C-130 and decide someone's hurt so I'd better haul ass. I get to the other C-130 as they are loading Jack on the stretcher and ask, "What the hell happened?"

Jack answers, "My fucking back went out."

Inga is examining Jack and says, "Masha, I think we need to get Jack to a hospital instead of the cabin."

Masha agrees, "Yes Inga, I feel your evaluation is correct. Jack does require the services of a hospital."

Jack plays his normal role and complains, "I'm sure not as hell going to a hospital."

I give everyone some bad news, "Well if Jack's going to a hospital, it needs to be in Denver because the hospital in Leadville closed a few years ago."

Jack says, "That settles it, I'm getting off this stretcher."

He begins to get off the stretcher, tries to stand up, lets out a yell and passes out.

Inga says, "Thom, please help me get Jack back on the stretcher."

I help Inga, then I take one of the straps and begin to strap Jack down. Inga adds, "Thank you Thom, that's a great idea."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.