08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 1

Present – Jens and others – at Glacier Park finally captures Ben

I can't believe it! Ben continues his stupid grin as I continue to squeeze the trigger of his Springfield Armory 1911 10mm. I threaten, "Ben, I'm not kidding you! I cannot live without you and I will blow my brains out unless you marry me."

He continues with the grin as I continue squeezing and I jump like hell when the hammer falls with what sounds like the loudest damn snap I have ever heard.

I ... I ... I ... I can't believe I'm not dead and even more I can't believe that Ben didn't try to stop me! He's still grinning at me like some sort of fool when I pull the pistol from my head, look at it and question, "What the heck is going on."

Ben laughs, which angers me even more, then reaches his hand in his pocket, holds up some parts which I immediately recognize and answers while still laughing, "It's sort of hard to use a 1911 that doesn't have the firing pin in it."

I realize now why he didn't try to stop me. But how in the heck did he know I was going to 'attempt suicide' to try to force him to marry me? In my befuddled state I finally remember the dream with Steve Tyler from Aerosmith. I had kicked Steve Tyler's rear (remember he insulted me with his 'Dude looks like a lady' song), taken his revolver and held it to Ben's head in an attempt to try to force Ben to marry me. After thinking about it long and hard, running it over in my mind many times, and knowing how Ben reacts, I knew Ben would never be forced into marrying me that way. After a whole lot of reflection I decided the only thing that would work was if I threatened to kill myself. But that was a total failure since not only did Ben not stop me, it was almost like he knew what I was going to do.

I gaze at his AR lying on the table with what would probably appear to be a calculating look. Ben notices where I'm looking, continues his laughter, pulls more parts (which I also recognize) out of his pocket and explains, "I took the firing pin out of it too."

Then he gets a serious look on his face and I can't believe what happens next...

Present – Ben – at Glacier Park

Destiny and I had many long talks about Jens. At first I was a RPITA, but I slowly came around and began to listen to her. However, I rebelled right until it was close to time for her to leave: She kept telling me that Jens was and had always been my destiny (pun intended). Finally it was like someone turned on the light switch as I realized Destiny was correct. My new certainty also included the parts Destiny told me about how my running away from Jens made her slightly (although after the stunt with my 1911 I wonder if it's more than slightly) crazy. In some way that I can't fathom but now accept, Jens needs me to keep her on an even keel. I thank God I listened to Destiny about how Jens was going to attempt suicide. It was funny as hell to watch her pull the trigger of my disabled Springfield 1911 and then jump when the hammer fell. Hell I was surprised she didn't shit her pants. Jens grandstanding play was over and I needed to take control of the situation - something which I had planned many times in my mind.

I stand up, lean forward, put both hands on the picnic table, look Jens straight in the eyes and demand, "Jens, you need to call in the two men who are helping you before they get hurt."

Jens continues to try to control the situation by asking, "What about my Remington 870? I could use that to shoot myself."

I smile at her and answer, "No you can't."

I have to fight back laughing when Jens gets all huffy then defiant and counters, "Like hell I can't! What would stop me?"

I nod my head and the wolf that's sneaked up behind her lets loose with a very low guttural growl and simultaneously gooses the hell out of her ass with his nose. Jens lets out a yell, jumps up from her seat, the Remington 870 falls off her lap and clatters to the dirt under the table. I quickly reach under the table, grab the shotgun, hold it in a high ready condition and continue grinning at her.

It's funny as hell to watch Jens scramble up onto the picnic table to get away from the wolf. I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. She glares at me with her beautiful violet eyes and complains, "Hey! That's not fair getting your pet wolf to do your dirty work."

I smile at Jens because the trap is still closing and answer, "This wolf is not my pet or anyone else's pet. He is a wild wolf."

Jens challenges, "That's okay because I have friends too!"

She finally begins to yell for her friends like I asked her to do earlier. I prepare for them to come into the campsite by making sure the Remington 870 I'm holding is loaded and not jammed from hitting the dirt. I rack the action, dump one of the Taser Xrep rounds on the ground and it's good to go.

The two of them run into my campsite. The larger of the two coming in on the right trail notices the wolf and raises his shotgun to blast the wolf. However, he's a bit too slow because I have him in my sights and pull the trigger. The Remington 870 barks, the Taser Xrep projectile hits him in the chest with a resounding thunk, he falls to the ground and flops around like a fish out of water while I hear the sizzle of the Xrep doing its job. I rack the action on the Remington and aim at Jen's other friend. He wisely sets his shotgun on the ground and I recognize his voice as he says...

Present – Jack – at Glacier Park helping Jens

After Banzai put Linus down with an Xrep round, I silently curse Jennifer for talking me into coming on this cluster fuck of a mission. She hoped my presence here would calm Banzai and give us a tactical advantage. However, Banzai (who seems to be faster than ever) got the jump on Linus. I can't believe he shot him with one of the Taser rounds and then before I could react had his shotgun lined up on me. I wisely sat my shotgun on the ground, stood up, noticed a grin of recognition spread across Banzai's face as I plead, "You wouldn't shoot an unarmed man would you?"

Banzai laughs and increases my already high level of concern when he answers, "Why the hell not? You would have shot me if you had gotten the chance."

Damn, how in the hell did he know that was our plan! Jennifer was sure that Ben would take off running on one of the side trails and Linus and I were waiting to shock the hell out of him with the Taser rounds. I look over at Linus who is still thrashing around on the ground (because unlike a normal Taser, the Xrep rounds continue to shock you until their batteries are depleted). I hope like hell I can talk some sense into Banzai.

I answer with a lie, "Banzai, that wasn't our..."

Banzai stops laughing, glares at me and interrupts, "Jack, cut the fucking bullshit or I will shoot your ass for lying."

I jump like crazy as the barrel of Banzai's shotgun drops toward the ground and then barks, sending an Xrep round into the ground at my feet. He quickly racks the shotgun and aims it offhand at my chest. He uses the other hand to reach behind his back, then he tosses two pair of handcuffs toward me. They land at my feet and he orders, "Put these on yourself and Jens' other friend because you two are under arrest."

I figure he's made a mistake and I've got him when I counter, "You can't make a citizen arrest and besides what are the charges?"

He grins and uses his free hand to pull back his jacket. I notice a star on his chest and he answers, "I'm a deputy sheriff who you and Jens' other friend assaulted. Now put on the handcuffs or I will be forced to take you down like your friend."

Shit! When the hell did Banzai become a deputy fucking sheriff? I know better than to argue with him because I figure he just might shoot me. I walk over to a still unconscious Linus, pull his hands up behind his back and put on his handcuffs. I then roll him over and pull the finally depleted Xrep shell from the middle of his chest. I can see through the holes in his shirt that it's left a couple of hellacious burn marks on his chest and I'm thankful that so far Banzai hasn't shot me.

I began to put the handcuffs on me when Banzai orders...

Present – Ben – at Glacier Park

Seeing Jack is a total surprise, but I need to make sure that he and Jens' other friend won't interfere with the next part of my plan. I order, "Jack, before you put the handcuffs on your wrists make sure they pass under the handcuffs of the other guy because I want the two of you handcuffed together."

I'm not concerned about Jens doing anything else stupid because I know the wolf has her under control. I continue to watch Jack as he complies, then I turn my attention toward Jens. I smile at her and order, "Jens get off the picnic table."

She defiantly glares at me, stamps her foot on the table which wiggles like crazy and answers, "Like hell I will!"

I nod at the wolf, he easily bounds up on the table, Jens lets out a yell, jumps off the table and spits, "I hope you're happy! You've ruined everything!"

She eyes the trail and since I know what she's thinking I squash her plan, "If you run the wolf will take you down. I don't want that to happen because unfortunately that will ruin everything."

I notice less defiance and some confusion in her eyes as she asks, "Ben, what in the heck do you mean?"

Now it was time for me to go on the offensive so I order...

Present – Jens – at Glacier Park

I can't believe it - nothing has gone like I planned! Ben was supposed to take off running and Jack and Linus would shoot him with the Taser rounds. When that didn't work I thought for sure he would stop me from killing myself and then agree to finally marry me. Instead he took out Linus and Jack, holds me hostage with his wolf and I can't believe when he orders, "Jens, take off your pants!"

I cross my arms across my chest and fight, "Like heck I will."

He nods at his wolf, it quickly jumps off the table and grabs my belt. As I fight like crazy, Ben laughs and says, "Jens, either you take off your pants or the wolf will tear them off."

I glare at Ben while the wolf moves over beside him, I begin to take off my pants and counter, "Keep your damn wolf away from me and when did you turn into such a pervert!"

He laughs and answers, "Jens, I haven't turned into a pervert. Stop fighting me and do what you're told because there is a method to my madness."

I finish taking off my pants throw them at him and spit, "Here you go, I hope you choke on them. And I sure as heck don't see anything but madness."

He smiles at me and says...

Present – Ben – at Glacier Park

I almost laugh when Jens takes off her pants because she's wearing cute as hell pink camo panties. However, I need to try to defuse the situation so I attempt to reason with Jens, "Jens, why are you so angry? I could have kept going and you would have never caught up to me - but instead I stopped and let you catch me."

She glares at me and answers without really thinking about her answer, "Because this isn't going anything like I planned."

I continue grinning at her and taunt, "Of course not, because your plans were fucked up."

She continues her glare and demands, "Just how in the hell (I knew I was in serious trouble when she actually swore) did you know what my plans were?"

I smile at her and answer, "Jens, your plans are as transparent to me as you are beautiful." Then I continue to elaborate, "You don't think I didn't know the water I conveniently left on the table was drugged? Hell, the bottles weren't in the same position I left them in. You also didn't think that I knew you planned on me running? I saw the boot prints of Jack and the other man that helped you headed down the two side trails. And you're lucky as hell I knew you were going to attempt suicide when I didn't run and disabled all my weapons. The only surprise was that you talked Jack into showing up for this. However, now I think it's a good thing he's here."

Jack interrupts, "Well you sure as hell have a great way of showing me that I'm wanted."

I laugh at Jack and answer, "Hell Jack, tell me the truth. You really couldn't wait to shoot me with one of those Taser rounds. And yes, it's great that you're here as a witness to this."

Jack continues, "I'm not going to confess to anything. And witness what - you embarrassing Jennifer by making her take off her pants?"

Jens adds, "Yeah, what sort of perverted act is that."

I decide it's time to spring my trap so I say...

Present – Jens – at Glacier Park

I don't know when I've been more angry at a person than I am at Ben right now - if it wasn't for his damn wolf and the shotgun I would kick his ass. Then Ben confuses me when he says, "Jens, I had you take off your pants as a symbol."

I get ready to answer Ben when a damn mosquito bites my leg so I slap the heck out of it. However, I am more than a little confused so I ask, "What the hell is it a symbol of, your perversion?"

Ben smiles at me and my icy heart begins to melt as he says, "Jens, you have done an amazing job chasing me for more months than I deserve to be chased, but I now know you've done it because we are destined to be together."

I begin to interrupt when another dang mosquito bites me so I kill it first then interrupt, "Excuse me, could you please repeat what you just said?"

Ben continues his smile and requests, "Jens, please don't interrupt me again. Like I said, we are destined to be together, but not under your terms, it must be under my terms."

I am soooo confused but I begin to open my mouth and a mosquito bites my leg so I kill it. Ben's smile turns to a glare as he reminds me, "Jens, please do not interrupt me."

I am shocked at how nicely he asked me so I don't open my mouth and Ben continues, "Jens, like I said earlier, I had you remove your pants as a symbol. Only one of us can wear the pants in this family and that person will be me."

I am now in total shock and stutter, "We ... We ... We are going to be a family?"

Ben smiles, comes over in front of me, gets on one knee, takes my hand and asks, "Jens, will you marry me on my terms and be my wife?"

I practically faint until another fricken mosquito bites me, which I proceed to swat, then I clarify, "And your terms are that you are the man and leader of our family?"

He looks up with the biggest smile on his face and says, "That's correct but I need to add one more thing - that we will discuss everything concerning our family and make decisions jointly."

I smile at Ben, finally understand everything and openly admit, "Ben, that's all I've ever wanted."

Ben jumps up and gives me the biggest hug and kiss I have ever had! It's soooo wonderful to finally know that my quest to find Ben is over. I pull away and panic, "Yikes, now I have a wedding to plan and I have no idea where we will hold it."

Ben looks around, waves his hands and says, "There's no time like the present and what's wrong with having it right here? Then all my friends can come."

I'm not exactly sure what Ben means, but I look around and decide Ben's right! I hug him and answer, "Here is perfect."

Ben suggests, "Perhaps you need to make some phone calls?"

I look at Ben's wolf and ask, "Your wolf won't attack me will he?"

Ben laughs and says, "Not unless you threaten me."

I pull out my phone, while keeping my eyes on the wolf and begin to call. Jack yells at Ben, "Hey Banzai since the fun is over how about letting me go?"

Ben walks toward Jack as I call Maria and Liz to help me figure out the wedding...

Present – Jack – at Glacier Park

I have a plan and it involves distracting Banzai. Banzai comes over close to me and I can't believe it when the bastard says, "Jack, why the hell should I let you and your friend go when you both want to kick my ass?"

I think about lying to Banzai but realize that so far he's caught all of my lies so I decide to tell him the truth and continue with the distraction, "Banzai, you may not know it but Linus and I are the first two in a long line of people who are standing in line to kick your ass for what you did to Jennifer."

Banzai continues with his silly-assed grin and says, "Then I need to keep you and Linus restrained for right now - for your own protection."

Even though I am handcuffed to Linus I made sure to put my handcuffs on so loosely that I can easily free my hands. I continue slipping my hands out of the handcuffs and toward Linus's shotgun. I almost have my hands free and on the shotgun but I don't really understand what he just said so I ask, "Banzai, what the hell are you talking about?"

My hands are free, I grab the shotgun but before I can do anything the damn wolf that assaulted Jennifer runs over and begins to menace me by getting much too close to my face and neck, growling and baring his teeth. I drop the shotgun, Banzai pets the wolf on its head and answers, "Jack, this is one of my friends and just as he kept you from getting control of Linus's shotgun, he would rip you or anyone else a new asshole if they tried to kick my ass. That's why you and Linus, for right now, stay restrained."

Banzai continues his grin, reaches down, grabs Linus' shotgun, slides my hands back into the handcuffs, tightly cinches them down - and ruins my plan.

He looks at me and says, "Jack, I need to make some phone calls, why don't you see if you can wake Linus up?"

I grumble and try to wake Linus up as Banzai walks away...

Present – Maria and others – at the cabin command center

Liz bugs the hell out of me again, "Maria, shouldn't we have heard something from Jens by now?"

I glare at her and answer, "Liz, Jens said she would call us when she had something to tell us now just be fucking patient and wait for her to call."

I didn't dare tell Liz that I am even more nervous than she is because my Princess Boss decided to take Linus with her to capture Ben. I continue to pace the floor and finally the phone rings. Gretchen looks at the caller ID and announces, "It's from Jennifer."

We dash over beside Gretchen and I order, "Put it on the speaker phone." Then I ask, "Jens, we've been dying to hear from you. Did you capture Ben?"

Jens confuses us when she laughs and then answers, "Not exactly! It's more like Ben captured all of us."

Liz and I look at each other with confused looks so I ask for clarification, "Jens, we don't understand could you elaborate? And if Ben captured you, is Linus okay?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.