A Well-Lived Life - Book 1 - Birgit - Cover

A Well-Lived Life - Book 1 - Birgit

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Prologue

Coming of Age Sex Story: Prologue - Meet Steve Adams, the 'new kid' in his small, suburban Cincinnati town, as he enters his 8th grade year of Junior High. His home life is a mess, but being roped into a chore that normally would be a punishment by his emotionally abusive mother leads to the opportunity of a lifetime for a red-blooded 14-year-old boy. A classic nerd, he develops several close friendships and falls in love with Birgit, a beautiful Swedish exchange student, who will go on to change his life completely.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Mult   Teenagers   Romantic   School   First  

“Got everything you need?”

That was Pete’s usual way of checking that my meal was satisfactory and he could safely return to his quarters.

“Sure Pete. See you in the morning.”

He noticed the notebooks and the laptop and turned with a question on his lips. But then he turned again and walked out the door. I suspected he had looked at the notebooks when I was in the shower or otherwise busy. But he never said a word. And I was happy about that. If word of my writing reached certain people, there would be hell to pay for both of us.

I started to think about where to begin the book - I had notes, but hadn’t started writing. 1976 seemed to be the right place since that was when I met several people who would influence my life and would participate in the story for years to come.

Even before that, though, were five events that created strong memories and in their own way defined who I am.

February 1, 1969 - The King wins at Riverside

Sitting on the tailgate of a station wagon at turn 9 at the old Riverside International Speedway, I watched Richard Petty win The Motor Trend 500 race in a Ford Torino, beating A.J. Foyt by a little over 12 seconds. Through the years, NASCAR would figure hugely in my life and lead to numerous adventures.

July 20, 1969 - One small step for a man, One giant leap for mankind

Sitting in the living room of my parents’ house in Bermuda Dunes, California watching ghostly images on the TV, a man from Ohio stepped out of a spacecraft that looked like a bug and walked on the Moon. From that day on, I watched space coverage religiously, even after it became non-newsworthy. And when things eventually went wrong, it was devastating.

January 6, 1973 - Ashes to ashes, dust to dust

Sitting in a chair in the sanctuary at the front of St. Andrew’s Church in Milford, Ohio. A funeral for a soldier who died in Vietnam. My uncle had served, but came back. This man didn’t. Looking out I saw a very young woman in black, tears running down her face. I was almost 10. I didn’t understand just how significantly this event would figure in my life.

February 24, 1974 - Swords vs. Nighthawks

From the upper deck in the old Cincinnati Gardens, I saw my first ice hockey game when the Swords defeated the New Haven Nighthawks 6-2. The Swords would be gone at the end of the season, replaced by the Stingers. My dad had been a New York Rangers fan and had missed hockey when living in California. At least until the Kings came into being in 1967. I’d attend hockey games off and on, and eventually, it would become my favorite sport.

April 4, 1974 - The Old Left-hander, rounding third and heading for home

I was leaning forward in my seat in the first row of the Loge box seats in Riverfront Stadium for Opening Day. Jack Billingham was on the mound facing the Atlanta Braves. It was the first inning, men on first and second, and up to the plate stepped Hank Aaron. Moments later, after crushing a pitch over the wall in left-center, Hammerin’ Hank crossed the plate to score home run number 714. The crowd erupted and the Braves congratulated Aaron at the plate. The Reds would win the game, but the 1st inning was what everyone would remember.

On the way to the car, I listened to Al Michaels and Joe Nuxhall on the post-game show as I did for almost every game. I loved Joe’s tagline at the end of his part ‘This is the old left-hander rounding third and heading for home’. It was a great sign-off. One I would hear for years to come.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.