The Farm Legacy - Cover

The Farm Legacy

Copyright© 2015 by Kaffir

Chapter 15

Thirty-six hours later lambing started. It was fairly uneventful apart from one lamb that was born dead and a triplet that no other ewe wanted. Nick had the mother of the dead lamb checked out by the vet. She was kept in the paddock close to the barn until the results of the tests came back. In the meanwhile Diana learned to bottle feed the unwanted triplet. She enjoyed that as Hal had said she probably would.

The ewe was declared fit and Nick constructed a small enclosure that would not let her get away from the triplet. Both went into it.

"Do you want me to watch them?" Diana asked.

Nick shook his head. "It'll work or it won't," he said laconically.

All the same Diana made frequent visits. Four hours later she rushed into the barn.

"It's feeding. It's feeding," she told Nick exultantly.

"Great! Thanks, love, for keeping an eye on them. I'll leave them for a while and then we'll keep them in the paddock for twenty-four hours to check that she goes on feeding it."

In the meanwhile Diana continued her visits to her bullocks. It took eleven days of patience before she managed to stroke Lysander's nose. After that he followed her round as she got to know the rest of the herd better. He was very protective shoving other bullocks away if they overcrowded her. They soon learned not to.

At the end of April Hal received an appointment in a fortnight's time for his semen analysis. It instructed him not to have sexual intercourse during the preceding seven days.

"What?" he exclaimed. "With the love of my life sharing my bed?"

Diana got the giggles. "You'll have to wear a condom," she stuttered.

"What's that going to do?"

"Catch all your wet dreams!" Further peals of laughter.

"You, Mrs Downsman, are asking for trouble."

That had no effect on her at all. "Ho! Back to flagellation again, are we?"

That did for Hal who burst out laughing as well.

"What's so funny?" asked Helen coming into the kitchen.

Hal and Diana bit their lips and pointed at each other.

"You tell her," they said together and collapsed with laughter again.

Helen watched them with amusement. "Come on then," she said.

"You started it," they said together again which set them off again.

"You two need your heads banging together."

"He ... He ... He's just received his appointment f-for his semen test a-and has g-got to g-go without sex for a week before." Diana paused for breath.

"What's so funny about that?"

That caused further howls of laughter.

"H-he said that was impossible sh-sharing a b-bed with m-me so I-I t-told him to wear a c-condom."

"What good'll that do?" asked Helen.

That was too much for the two of them and they both collapsed with helpless giggles again.

"T-To c-catch his w-wet d-dreams," stuttered Diana blushing.

Helen chuckled. "You're a very vulgar young woman who deserves a smacked bot.

That set them off again.

"Th-That's what I said," Hal managed to get out.

"And we've got a long standing joke about that," added Diana, "and I said 'Oh we're back into flagellation again, are we?' and that set us off."

"Couple of nut cases," smiled Helen. "You'll just have to go back to your old room again, Hal," she added with a grin.

"No way!" exclaimed Hal. "She's frightened of the dark on her own and Dad will refuse to pay for the extra electricity."

"That's all right. We'll just dock your allowance or Diana's pay."

"We'll go on strike."

That caused further laughter all round.

Helen ruffled Hal's hair. "Monkeys!" she said with a warm smile.

That was that until breakfast on the morning of the test.

"I've got this sperm count thing at ten forty-five, Dad, so I'll have to knock off and get changed at ten."

"OK, son."

"And I'm going with him, Helen," added Diana.

"What on earth for?" asked Nick before taking a gulp of coffee.

"In case he needs a hand," she answered airily.

Nick did the nose trick. Helen, also laughing, leapt for the dish cloth. Hal pointed at Diana and mouthed 'Flagellation' which caused the two of them to burst out laughing as well.

"I don't know," said Helen when order was restored. "I can't help worrying about the upbringing of my grandchildren."

Diana reached across the corner of the table for her hand. "Don't worry, Helen, I shall become very solemn and responsible."

"Hmm!" said Nick which caused further laughter.

Over coffee that morning while Hal and Diana were still away Helen reached for Nick's hand.

"I really do love that girl," she said. "I liked her from the moment I met her and that liking became a friendship but from the time Hal fell for her that has grown into love. She's very special and has done a lot to develop Hal into a more gregarious and fun loving young man, into the son I have always hoped he'd be. And is he happy!"

"Yes, my love. She's a lovely, fun girl with a strong character. Just as well I met you before her."

Helen smilingly smacked his hand. "Now he tells me."

Nick smiled back. "It's catching, isn't it?"

Helen nodded. "Kiss?"

He pulled her round onto his lap, put his arms round her and then kissed her thoroughly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.