World Eve - Cover

World Eve

Copyright© 2015 by Guerd

Chapter 1

The worlds greatest invention was made in the year 2092 by a Doctor who just wanted to give his sick daughter a better life. It gave the Doctor the power of a god to make worlds of unlimited possibilities. All it cost to join a new world was your body and signing over everything you had in this life so he could keep going with his research.

The poor signed up in waves to start over and try to make a better life, the old signed up so they could be young and healthy again. With many nations fighting over crowding with no way to support the poor old and sick they embraced the new invention with open arms hoping the the over crowding in the major cities would die down.

I was one of the first handfuls of people allowed to join by the Doctor I am Andrew and had just turned 23, i had grown up a normal all American boy i guess you could say. I grow up in the middle of America one of the few places in the US where there was still a lot of open land covered in farms in a town of 1200 we were really not tied down in overcrowding like in to the massive cities there were jobs if you wanted to work and people could better themselves if they tried and studied in school. I was lucky i was the son of a well off farmer and a body shaped by hours of hard work i was well liked in school and studied hard to get off the farm and even made a name for myself in football. Football is what made it so i could get out of the small town more than the grades since even with overcrowding Americans still loved there football.

I was a top pick to major colleges looking for linemen so i had my pick of schools i went to a school that had a lot of line men being taken in to the NFL, I thought it was my way to make a living and even help take care of my family but that all came to an end my sophomore year in college when i was hit by a car walking across the street. I woke up in the hospital with no feeling from my waist down the driver had taken off, it was a big story for a few weeks. It was soon after that i was told the school was pulling my funding i could no longer play so they could not hold that money for me. I was devastated but thanks to my family having some money i was taken care of sent to one of the best hospitals for my recovery that is where i meet the Doctor and his daughter.

The Doctors name was Earl Thomas the 3rd he had two PHDs in some type of computer programing and Engineering, you would have never guessed that fact looking at him. He was working on a way his Daughter who was born sick and weak could live a normal life get out of the hospital and become something great. When my Doctor told him i was about to turn 20 he somehow talked me into meeting his daughter he was a very nice man and still today it shocks me that he got me out of my bed and my deep depression to meet her. Her name was Elizabeth, she was 19 just like me but had been sick all her life and all she really know was games and that she was going to die at some point in the not too distant future. It was in that tiny room on the 3rd floor of the hospital that my life changed in a massive way, the fact that she smiled and could laugh even knowing that any day she could die really made me stop being depressed and made me a better man, a man that would do anything for her.

I was in the hospital for two years spending my time with Elizabeth and even getting to know Doctor Thomas when he would get away from his lap to visit. Time moves on and the hospital made up their mind that i was ready to go home after those two years but really i had no where to go. My mom and dad would have welcomed me with open arms back to the farm but what can a guy in a wheelchair who can't even usa bathroom by himself going to do on a active farm. It was even worse than that i had fallen heads over heels in love with my pretty sick little Elizabeth and the idea of being away from her killed me worse than not being able to walk. The luck came when the Doctor Thomas offered me a job helping at his lab i could tell he did not need me and he only offered me the job so i could be with his daughter but i could not say no he let me stay with my Elizabeth.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.