Cents and Nickel - Cover

Cents and Nickel

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 21

It's my wedding day. I put on my tux and left Ben with plenty of food. It was a beautiful, clear, warm day. Sweet Adeline's top was down with the windows up and the heater on for the trip.

I came to the road at the end of my drive. Two state trooper cars were waiting for me. One pulled ahead and the other followed behind me with their lights on but no sirens. As I came into Notasulga, there was a mixture of police cars and Sheriff's cars waiting. They joined us with their lights only some in front and some behind me. I was waved onto the road to I-85 and noticed that people were lined up along the road waving. We caravanned onto the Interstate and more cars were waiting. In Montgomery, we picked up more police cars. About a third were in front and the rest were following me. Every one of them had the lights on. Every once in a while, a front car would give his siren a squawk to move someone but we just rode along all the way to Greenville.

Greenville police were waiting at the exit and added their number to the rest. Our caravan pulled into the church lot and I was stopped at the front door of the sanctuary. I switched Sweet Adeline off and slowly got out. Mossy and Jorgie came to the door grinning broadly. As I walked up to them, the applause started. I walked in and received a wave from the pastor to join him. I did.

Music started and Missus Ingram was walked down by Jorgie. He went back. Mossy was next with Ellen who looked great. Mossy was wearing his police dress uniform. Jorgie was next with Teresa. He was wearing his Marine dress uniform with sword. Teresa went to the side and Jorgie stopped at the front pew and grabbed my sword with a web belt to buckle it to my side. I looked my surprise but did it. Then the music changed and Mister Ingram wearing his dress uniform brought Dollars down the aisle. She was elegant in a slim, white dress. She wore no veil. Her height and blond hair were beautiful. Around her neck and out for all to see was the pendant. At her waist was a dress sword that was probably Marine!

We went through our vows.

When they were complete, the pastor nodded to Jorgie. Jorgie came forward and drew his sword placing it in front of his body in the Order position. He then lowered it to his side as was appropriate. In his best parade ground voice, he loudly said, "Attention!" Still facing each other, Dollars released my arm and came to attention. I followed her lead. Everyone in the congregation stood up straight. "Draw, swords!" Dollars drew her sword and I followed her move again. "Touch, swords!" That wasn't in the manual of arms. She put her raised sword toward mine and I followed her move and we touched blades. "Return, Swords!" I figured this out. I slid my sword back into its sheath. The pastor was grinning widely and said, "You may now kiss." I pulled my wife to me and kissed her passionately. She returned my kiss the same way. When we broke away, the pastor said, "I present to you, Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant, Retired, Abraham and Police Captain Millicent Easton!" He began to clap as we walked up the aisle with her arm in mine. Everyone was standing and joined in the applause.

Once outside, there was an aisle of policemen and a few policewomen leading us to the reception in the church's fellowship hall. Mossy said, "The cars are a salute to both of you. You are heroes in Alabama and many wanted to take part in the celebration. I have a proclamation from the mayor declaring today, Millicent and Abraham Easton Day. The Governor has issued one state wide.

We were ready to leave. All the lights were back on the cars again. A reporter from one of the local Montgomery stations was there with a crew. We were later given a copy of the segment entitled, "Two heroes marry." We got in Sweet Adeline. Our swords were in the back seat thanks to Jorgie and Teresa who handled them for us. There was a white shawl for Dollars.

The caravan resumed with cars peeling off the route as they had joined and guiding us all the way back to the entrance to the farm. The last two cars left us at the entrance to the farm. I pulled in and pressed the button to enter the barn and parked Sweet Adeline closing the garage door behind us.

Dollars and I went to the front door and I opened the door and then carried her across the threshold before setting her down. I had left enough for Ben for supper. We went into our bedroom.

Dollars removed her wedding dress to stand before me naked except for her rings and pendant. She said, "Abraham, you have kept your promise and it is fulfilled. I am yours and you are mine. Kiss me and make love to me, my husband. It's time to begin the rest of our lives."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.