Cents and Nickel - Cover

Cents and Nickel

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 8

She purred at me. "What do you mean, Abraham?"

"Where is this going, Dear?"

"Where do you want it to go?"

"If we can see our way, I think we might talk about marriage some day. I've never said that to a woman before. That says something. On the other hand, we need to get to know each other better and, as much as we enjoy them, hot make out sessions on my couch are not really a path to the future."

"I hate to admit it but you're right. I enjoy the feeling of your body pressed against mine. Your hands on my back both excite and rest me at the same time. I am trying to move my mind further down a path for us as a couple. Right now, I'm so full of emotion when I think of you that everything, past, present, and future, is hazy; bright, happy, and hazy."

She pulled back from me and gave her body a delightful shake that caused all kinds of fantastic feelings in my body along with a feast for my eyes. I realized at that moment two things. She trusted me with her body and she was unconscious of some of the effect her body has on mine.

"Abraham, I lack experience in so many ways. I became a Christian originally for two not very good reasons. First, my parents brought me up in the church. Second, I was the big girl that no one but God wanted."

"Dollars, it's hard to realize that self image might possibly have ever been real. You are tall, lean, and lovely except for your delightful protrusions." She blushed bright red because I looked down at her chest. Her nipples were noticeable though not obvious. Of course, I had been feeling them poking holes in my chest all afternoon.

"I would have to see pictures to even start to believe that. I understand your perception but I look at the current situation and have real difficulty believing it. Anyway, you said, 'originally.' What changed?"

"Yes, originally. As time went on, a girl my age who was beautiful became my friend. We listened to each other as we learned about Jesus and became friends. I found, to my shock, that she had a poor self image. I studied and listened to my Sunday school teachers. I discovered that God had no interest in what our bodies might look like, He wanted our hearts.

"My parents have always been supportive of my efforts including my Christian walk. I am an only child. Spending Christmas with them is a habit that I love because I love them. I drive down at least once a month to spend the day. Teresa has gone with me before but is going to her parents' home for Christmas this year.

"My dad is a cop in Greenville. He will question you carefully. I've never brought a man to the house before, ever. He will be curious. Mom is different. If I am happy, she will be. And, Abraham, I am very, very happy."

She leaned forward and kissed me gently. "It's all your fault."

"I like to make you happy. You purr better than Ben." She quivered and gave me a loud purr.

"Thursday is supposed to be pretty. You can drive Sweet Adeline then. Today wasn't that pretty and tomorrow is not supposed to be either." I smiled at her. "What is the schedule for tomorrow?"

"I'm on the second shift tomorrow. We start at three, eat at seven, and get off at midnight. Mossy and I are partnered again and Ellen has invited me to join them for supper. I will talk to her while you cook tonight. I'm sure she would be glad to add a little water to the soup."

"That would be great. Should I bring anything?"

"Just your body for me. I will want a Christmas Eve kiss or three."

I smiled. "Go ahead and call her. I'll be glad to bring something if she wants. You'll have to tell me where they live, too. Let me up so I can start dinner." She did and I went into the kitchen.

She made her call and joined me in the kitchen, She said, "Ellen said that my dreamboat is welcome and needs to bring nothing but an appetite.

"Now, how can I help?"

"Would you tear lettuce and cut up green pepper, carrots, and tomatoes?" She nodded. "I have the potatoes cooking and will put on the steaks but I have a special dressing for our salads that I need to make before starting the steaks."

The items for the salad were on the kitchen table along with a cutting board and a sharp knife. We bent to our duties. I was making a creamy blue cheese vinaigrette that a Marine chef had taught me while I was serving kaypee duty. I made it slowly. Most of my time was spent watching Dollars. Finally, she looked up and said, "What?"

"I just enjoy watching you. You are lovely and every move is enchanting."

"That's just your opinion. Others would disagree."

"Others would be wrong. I am a trained observer."

She grinned. "You're an accomplished B-S-er. You have a silver tongue and could talk me out of my pants if I didn't have your promise."

I didn't say anything but just smiled.

I finished making the dressing and put the salad and the dressing in the fridge. I looked at the time, checked the potatoes, and came behind her to massage her shoulders. She purred some more until I stopped to put the steaks on the broiler.

When I bought the farm. I improved the kitchen by adding a new larger refrigerator and stove. The stove was larger than normal and had a center broiler for inside grilling. There was a large exhaust fan to pull out the heat. I had turned on the broiler to heat it before putting the steaks on. I let them cook for a few minutes. The same Marine chef had taught me how to cook good steaks, too. I said, "How do you like your steak?" She had ordered medium rare at Outback but I wanted to make sure.

"Medium rare. I like a hot almost red center." I nodded and, a moment later, turned the steaks. I pulled out two steak platters and two bowls for salad. I pulled forks and sharp knives. I headed for the fridge but Dollars was standing in the way. She reached in and pulled the salad bowl and dressing. I tended the steaks meaning that I did nothing. She grabbed two large forks and stuck them into the salad and a soup-type spoon for the dressing. She carried everything but the platters into my dining room. I pulled the steaks off the grill and the potatoes out of the oven. Placing everything on the platters, I turned off the stove and carried the platters in. Dollars had put out wine glasses and poured the red wine that I had opened earlier today to let breathe.

"Abraham, I think we're ready."

"We are." I held a chair for her and seated her. I sat down at the other corner of the table so we were sitting close but at right angles. I liked to be able to see her face as we talked.

She offered the blessing and we ate. She seemed to enjoy her meal. I know I did. I had cooked these things for me before. Dollars had two glasses of wine. By the time we had finished eating, we had clean plates and her face was flushed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.