Cents and Nickel - Cover

Cents and Nickel

Copyright© 2015 by radio_guy

Chapter 7

Five came early. I dressed and went into the kitchen. Dollars was in uniform and cooking. I went over to the coffee maker and started it. I nuzzled the back of her neck and that generated a soft moan.

I whispered in her ear. "I want you to go to work with perky nipples and pursed lips thinking about what might happen tonight if there wasn't a promise. Then, think about what will still happen with a promise!" She shivered all over and I don't think it was with cold.

"Let's eat!" I offered a short blessing. I told her I would clean up and would meet her later in Sweet Adeline or my truck depending upon the weather. "Dollars, we can go for a ride after you return if the weather is decent. I'll let you drive."

We kissed. She left in her Mustang with a big smile on her face. I couldn't tell about the nipples. I cleaned the kitchen.

I headed into town at ten thirty in the truck. There was a light rain so I left Sweet Adeline in the barn. At a quarter before eleven, she called to say that she would meet me at Elmer's. I had been there before. The buffet was good.

I waited up front and she and her partner, Mossy, came in. I decided I was in way more than a few cents. It was definitely Dollars now. I kissed her gently but chastely. We all got in line with Dollars in the middle. We were seated to one side of the restaurant at a small table with four chairs. I faced Mossy with Dollars at right angles to us. Mossy waited while Dollars asked the blessing.

I took Mossy no time. "Cents and Nickel, this is so good. Cents, where did you sleep last night?"

"At Abraham's house in a spare bedroom. I closed the door and slept undisturbed. It was very quiet and peaceful."

"No denials? No blushing? You're no fun, Cents." He grinned. "What about you, Nickel? Did you peek in the door later and check out what she wore to bed?"

"No, it was just as Millicent said, Sergeant Moss. However, I would remind you that both of us are better shots than you are. Also, I won a Corp medal for hand to hand 'after' I recovered from my back injury. Perhaps, I should just break a few things off. Finally, Ellen wouldn't like knowing that you were talking trash to either of us much less both of us."

Mossy said, "That's hitting below the belt. Jorgeson must have warned you."

"Yes, he did and he told me exactly what to say to get her attention."

"Okay, I surrender."

"Good, that's the Christmas spirit of self-preservation."

Dollars said, "You know Ellen?"

"No, but her number is on my speed dial to help keep Mossy there on the straight and narrow. Jorgeson told me some stories about her and Mossy. They were interesting."

Dollars looked over at Mossy who was assiduously eating his lunch and ignoring us. "I've met Ellen. She seems such a nice person."

"That's what Jorgeson says, too. She just has one bee in her bonnet and that's overly kidding people who are just discovering that they care for each other. She can be a holy terror about that, can't she, Mossy?" He nodded looking unhappy. "Mossy, we'll let you off easily. No new kidding from last night with the car. You will gradually taper off any kidding about any relationship in which Millicent and I might be involved. In exchange, I will keep Ellen from emasculating you without anesthesia. Are we clear, Sergeant?"

"Yes. Thank you. Others haven't been so kind in the past. You would think I would learn." He looked up and had a small smile. "What's funny is that I've been cheering for the two of you all along."

At that moment, a short woman came up behind him and covered his eyes. "Mossy, lover, it's good to see you spending time with Cents. Cents, who is this dreamboat?"

"This dreamboat is Abe, Abraham Easton. He's our new firearms instructor. After he beat me at the Lee County Range Saturday, we are dating."

"I heard that you scored a forty-nine and he beat you by a point with a possible." She looked at me and said, "Young man, I'm impressed."

Dollars grinned. "Be further impressed. He is a retired Master Gunnery Sergeant from Marine Recon, owns a farm, is working on a master's degree in engineering, and owns the most beautiful 1949 Chrysler convertible you have even seen."

She grinned a bit and continued, "Sergeant Jorgeson served with him when Abe was his first sergeant before getting out. He was at the ceremony when Abe received the Medal of Honor. He is an altogether remarkable man."

Ellen said, "If Jorgie likes him, that is high praise. Mossy, are you being good?"

I said, "Yes, ma'am. He's kidded us a little. After all, when Dollars lost the match, she had to pick me up wearing a hot dress. Everyone on the force has taken their shots at that story. I think it was put to rest when I got her out a second time in Sweet Adeline and we stopped at the station on the way out."

"A beautiful and beautifully dressed woman in a beautiful car, what more could a guy want?" I looked at Dollars and grinned. "Dollars has great legs."

"Dollars is it?"

"She's worth much more than a few cents."

"I'm glad someone else thinks so."

Ellen had been eating with a couple of girl friends who now joined her. She introduced me as "Cents' guy." One looked at each of us and said, "They make a nice couple."

Mossy said, "You should have seen them last night. They came by the station and Cents was wearing a very hot red dress. Ace was cleaned up wearing a sports coat and driving a gorgeous old convertible. That was a great picture."

The older ladies left and Mossy walked out with them to spend a few moments with Ellen. I didn't blame him. She might be short but she was very attractive. We finished sipping our tea. I left a tip and we left. Outside, Ellen and her friends were separating and Mossy was by the passenger side of the patrol car. I walked Dollars over to the driver's side and opened the door for her. I gave her a casual kiss that lingered for an instant too long to be really casual. She got in and I closed the door. Everyone drove off and I got in my truck and made two stops before motoring back to the farm.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.