Journey - Cover

Journey

Copyright© 2015 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 3

"So ... why don't you just let me go look?" asked April. "That would be the easiest

solution."

"What? Send you off by yourself?" Vee said.

"Yeah, I could just go look."

"Nope. Not happening," said Vee. "Adventure means adventure. Who knows what might be out there. This is the chance of a lifetime ... and the Watch Holders have long lives. Gary? You up for some excitement?"

"Well, I'm not a watch holder ... I'm just an ordinary guy," Gary complained. "You still look 16 and I'm going on 50. People are looking at me and thinking 'Pervert.'"

"Not all people ... just the women. The men are thinking 'I want me some of that.'" Vee grinned.

She was Some of that. It took years before she truly knew that she was the ogled one. It wasn't the blonde behind her ... well ... maybe ... but they were looking at her, too. Short she may be ... but she was look-at-able. Wendy was the only blonde over blue in the ancestry. Vee was Deep mahogany maroon with emerald green eyes and seven freckles across the bridge of her nose. The red started with Wendy Too and darkened with each generation. Vee's daughter, Six, was red unto black, her hair was so deep a red.

The rest of Vee would be called alabaster ... not white ... light cream ... with pink nipples and areolae. She had never had body hair. Six, her daughter, had left no ravages of pregnancy ... no stretch marks or chewed nipples. Vee looked 16 ... a very good 16 ... and the sight of her at the beach caused expressions of interest from men and boys with no boyfriends. Wives and girlfriends were forgotten. She had tiny feet and hands, a long neck and elfin features with a tiny waist. Men considered her perfect; women considered her unachievable in nature ... nobody looks that good without plastic. Vee wasn't unaware of her beauty but she was unimpressed by it. "I'm me, when I was 14 I didn't like me, now I do."

About the only thing that didn't fit was her voice. The phone would connect ... when she spoke, the angels sang ... maybe not ... maybe it was more like the devil was a girl and she wanted you to sell her your soul. So she spoke ... and you would willingly clear out your bank account and sell every single stock or bond and give her every dime and your first born to get to meet the the absolutely MUST be beautiful girl on the other end.

"If you insist," said April, "Go bargain with the Powers."

"Somebody?" asked Seven.

"Yeah," confessed April. "I did it ... I spoke your name."

"You're that ship the gods left here."

"Not exactly," April suggested.

"How exactly?" asked The Powers that Be.

"I volunteered," April admitted, "So, I guess you could call it 'left' but not exactly."

"We see, what's up?"

Before Vee could say a word, April said, "Gary needs a watch. You lot are the Watch Minders ... so I'm asking."

"Why are you asking?" said Seven.

"Vee wants an adventure."

"Use her watch."

"Can't ... Six has it."

"She turned 12? When?"

"Where have you guys been?" asked Vee.

"Oh ... around."

"That's like asking a teen where they're going... 'Out' ... Well what are you going to do?... 'Nothing.' yeah ... right ... Where have you guys been? Six is 22 ... you've been gone TEN years!"

"Oops."

"I'll give you oops," Vee said.

Seven said, "You know, Vee ... or maybe you don't ... that summoning thing the gods gave you? You turn into a grade A bitch of the first water." TPTB said. "It's none of your business."

"Shit!" exclaimed Vee, "Now I've gone and pissed you off ... do I really? Turn into a bitch?"

"Like your mother," said Seven.

"That is very possibly the worst thing you have ever said to me!" Vee said, "My mother? There were a lot of things you could have said ... but that's tops! My mother? Terrible, terrible, terrible! I am hurt ... MY MOTHER!!?!!"

"Yeah."

"Gary? Do I really?"

"Yes, Vee ... you really do."

"Well, shit and fall back in it. I'm sorry."

"We know, apologize."

"I just did."

"Sounded like a brag to me," Gary said. He turned to TPTB, "I need a watch."

Raised eyebrows all around. "Really?"

"Vee and I want to blow this joint and I'd like to keep up with her. I'm 50 and she looks 16 ... I know, I know, I know ... she's not ... but the ring keeps her young."

"Timing it keeps her young," said Seven. "Where are you going to go?"

"Where nobody goes."

"Big area..."

"Yeah. We're looking for livable planets. This one is shot."

"Sooner than you think."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.