Jokes and Giggles - Cover

Jokes and Giggles

Copyright© 2015 by Jack Spratt

Chapter 603

Learning history late in life.

Summer Games in full swing, here is a tidbit of Greek history that might have escaped you. 2500 years ago a beautiful slave “call girl” from Sardinia named Gedophamee, (pronounced: Get-offa’-me) was attending the first athletic festival in Greece. This festival had no name at the time.

In those days the athletes performed naked and to prevent unwanted arousal while competing, the men imbibed freely on a drink containing large doses of saltpeter.

At the opening ceremonial parade of this first great event, Gedophamee observed the first wave of naked male athletes marching toward her and she exclaimed:

“Oh! Limp Pricks!”

Over the next two and a half millennia that expression morphed into “Olympics.”

And now you know...

Don’t bother to thank me, I enjoy discussing history.


A SENIORS PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK.

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, sharing recipes, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the “thumbs up” and tell them I like them. And it works just like Facebook.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.


These one is compliments of the web_magician

Yesterday my therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I’ve finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.

One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his shirts. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, “What setting do I use on the washing machine?”

“It depends,” I replied. “What does it say on your shirt?”

He yelled back, “Larry the Cable Guy ... Git Er Done!” and”Normal” is a setting on the dryer.


This Compliments of John A

#1 I very quietly confided to my best friend that I was having an affair. She turned to me and asked, “Are you having it catered?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.