Forever M'lady - Cover

Forever M'lady

Copyright© 2015 by JenQuail

Chapter 19: Births and deaths

BDSM Sex Story: Chapter 19: Births and deaths - From the humble beginnings of mucking out the pigs through to the top echelons of Late Victorian England, Jane Fairfax relates the ups and downs of her life.

Caution: This BDSM Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   BDSM   Spanking   Rough   Sadistic   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Fisting   Water Sports   Cream Pie   Slow  

On New Year's Eve, my bleeding started exactly on time. Diana's did not. "Oh Jane, dare I hope?" she wondered when the next two days still left her bloodless. It transpired that she was indeed carrying a child, to her great joy. During Diana's pregnancy, I found myself more and more assuming her duties. I retained my good relationships with Mistress Black and Master Johnstone and Barton Court continued to function perfectly. Percy stayed on for a further two weeks after the other guests left and Diana felt certain she was carrying a child so Percy could now devote his attentions to me. Diana and Annie both comforted my distress when my Beloved had to return to Tradiscombe. He came back to Barton Court for one week when Diana was showing a definite thickening of her waist then I never saw him until Peter was born. The child made his way into the adventure of life in due course and Diana joyously presented Reginald with his first-born and heir. Reginald was captivated by the baby immediately and became utterly devoted both to Peter and his mother. Percy was his Godfather and I was his Godmother at the Christening.

After the baby was baptised, Percy presented me with a beautiful ring: a huge diamond beset around with a halo of sapphires and our betrothal was made public. I don't know if the Tradiscombe estates suffered as he spent much of his time travelling back and forth between there and Barton Court. On the first day of December, just over one year later, I was wedded to Percy in the private chapel at Tradiscombe by Bishop Gordon Cruikshank, who had spent that Christmas at Barton Court.

Annie and Eleanor were my Maids of Honour, something upon which I put my foot down. Therefore, the girls came to my wedding at the top table socially, and in fact for the feast. It was probably the most exciting day of their whole lives. They looked so pretty in their gowns which matched mine and which they were allowed to keep as a permanent memento of the Day. Diana and I had been coaching them both for a month on what cutlery or which glass was used when, and how to behave in company. Looking back, it was funny: we could barely get any sense of them for several days before the wedding, so nervously excited were they. They even managed a dance or two with the young men. Diana and I had said they should only dance to waltz tunes because the waltz was simple enough for them to learn. I think they spent their spare time practising the waltz together.

Another member of Barton Court staff was also at Tradiscombe at the time of the wedding. Some six weeks before the day, Janice had asked permission to speak to me. "Please, Mistress Jane, she said," she said, very nervously. I am to make your trousseau, and your maids' gowns as you want them but you asked Lord Underweir's staff to make the other ladies' gowns. Oh, Mistress, I am afeared the other ladies will not complement you. Forgive the impertinence, Mistress, is it possible for me to go there so I can work with M'Lord's Seamstress and supervise. Forgive me, Mistress." Now she was visibly trembling at her audacity and I must admit it took me by surprise.

I did not reject the idea out of hand, but gave it some thought. Janice had made it her place, with the Seamstress in accord, to be responsible for my wardrobe at Barton Court and I had found her innovative in her suggestions and designs and her needlework was faultless. In a way, it made sense. Then a happy thought crossed my mind. Could I possibly ask Reginald to escort me to Tradiscombe, ostensibly to visit my fiancé but taking Janice with us? Maybe Diana would like a change for a week, too. I warmed to the idea.

"Let me give this some thought Janice. I will let you know within two days whether or not it impossible."

"Thank you, Mistress Jane." Her curtsy was very deep before she left.

Reginald saw through my little scheme immediately. He slapped his thigh, gave out a great laugh, waggled a finger at me and said, "You just want to see Percy again! Ho, ho, ho, ho isn't young love splendid? Now I think of it, I have no urgent business. Be good to walk his grouse moor, check how they grow. How about you my Darling?" Diana declined, saying she would rather not take the child all that distance. Therefore, it was that I got a stolen week with my Beloved and Janice got to Tradiscombe.

The chapel and, indeed the whole of Tradiscombe House, was festooned with late summer blooms and foliage. My own family declined the invitations we sent them, which saddened but did not surprise me, although Mummy sent me a letter to wish me every blessing in my marriage. Reginald and Diana were there, of course; it was Reginald who gave me away. The chapel was filled with the few friends I had made from Diana's circle surrounded by the massed ranks of the Underweir family. Reginald's and Diana's families were also there, in smaller numbers, to witness the occasion. I had two of Diana's nieces and another two of Reginald's to carry my train, the girls' dresses matched my own, with a page, Reginald's nephew.

For our honeymoon, we had a breathless tour of the major capitals of Europe then returned home and I was the Lady of my own house. One of the first things I had Percy do was to introduce me to his Housekeeper and Jordan, his Butler, I had met him frequently as he attended Percy but I wanted to see them both together to establish my policies and to begin to form the relationships I would have with them both. So it was that the day after Percy and I returned to Tradiscombe from our honeymoon, Mistress Tremayne and Master Jordan entered my office with Percy.

Mistress Tremayne, Joyce, immediately dropped a deep curtsy, saying, "Welcome to Tradiscombe, M'Lady. Congratulations on your marriage to My Lord. I and my staff look forward to serving you to the best of our ability. It is good to have a new Lady of Tradiscombe." Jordan repeated her congratulations and declaration with a respectful bow, so the meeting commenced on a good note.

I thanked them both then told them, "It is said that a new broom sweeps clean, but I feel that much of value may be swept away and lost with too vigorous a sweeping. Therefore should I feel that I would like some changes, I shall introduce these slowly and not upset your domains. I trust you will both feel free to bring any problems to me. Master Jordan, you will naturally look more to Lord Underweir rather than me and I have no intention of interfering in that arrangement. Thank you, Jordan, you may go about your duties and, Mistress Tremayne, I would like you to walk with me through your department and the House so I may learn your routines and the layout of rooms."

Jordan again bowed and took his leave, Mistress Tremayne led me around the House, explaining the current use of all the rooms. All seemed clean and well maintained to my inspection but I made a few mental notes on the way, for later consideration. As she next showed me her own domain Downstairs, everything seemed to be efficiently organised and it seemed clear that she was truly Mistress of her staff. We ended our tour in her office and had a more informal, relaxed talk over a cup of tea, learning a little of each other. It was then that I discussed the future of Janice, for she had not returned to Barton Court. I retained her at Tradiscombe and she became firmly established as the one to whom I looked for my wardrobe. Eventually she became the Seamstress in her own right.

Joyce Tremayne was an institution in herself. She was a tiny woman, only coming up to my shoulder when standing. Yet she had a keen eye for any fall from the high standards she maintained. For all her tiny size, it was quite apparent that she ruled her kingdom with an indomitable will. She really was a tower of strength and became my faithful lieutenant until she retired. Tradiscombe was a happy place. Percy would arrange parties and balls for all our friends, filling the House with music and laughter. Mistress Tremayne never failed to make each event a success as her staff laboured under her instructions so that our guests lacked for nothing and the tables were piled high by her Cook.

On Christmas Day the year after our wedding, Percy kissed Michael, his firstborn son, on the head and Tradiscombe had new heir apparent. Over the next seven years I carried five children to term but I lost dear little Charles to consumption while he was still suckling. Percy's heir was named Michael after his grandfather. My two lovely girls were next. Diana, after my dear friend and Ann, forever called Annie only by me. Then little Charles was with me briefly. My younger son was called Francis for my father. Francis was killed in The Great War because some fool of a General ordered him to charge a row of tanks with his cavalry company. Can you believe horses and sabres against tanks? Francis was awarded the Military Cross for leading the remnants of his company round a hill, fighting all the way, and bringing them to safety. The medal was awarded posthumously: he was shot in the back by a sniper just fifty yards from cover.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.