Forever M'lady - Cover

Forever M'lady

Copyright© 2015 by JenQuail

Chapter 16: Accident in the Kitchen

BDSM Sex Story: Chapter 16: Accident in the Kitchen - From the humble beginnings of mucking out the pigs through to the top echelons of Late Victorian England, Jane Fairfax relates the ups and downs of her life.

Caution: This BDSM Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   BDSM   Spanking   Rough   Sadistic   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Fisting   Water Sports   Cream Pie   Slow  

I knew no more until a sound penetrated the darkness and something nudged my shoulder. I was trying to work out what the disturbance was when suddenly it made sense. "Mistress Jane, please wake up, oh please Mistress, wake up." I opened my eyes to see my maid still half in her uniform, half out, with her hand on my shoulder and shaking as she pleaded for me to awake.

"Annie, whatever is the matter?"

"Oh Mistress, you must wake up, there's been a terrible accident." That blew the cobwebs from my head and I rose from the bed, noticing that Percy was also awake.

"Calm down Annie, finish dressing and tell me what you know." I slipped over my head the light gown my lover had removed last night as Annie told me that there had been an accident. Two men in the kitchens were carrying a large kettle of boiling water down the stairs when one of them slipped. The kettle landed on him and he's badly scalded but the other one cracked his skull open. "He's dead, Mistress," she wailed.

I was struggling with all the buttons when Annie pushed my hands away. She was sniffing away the tears as she said, "Let me do that Mistress." She was much better than I was.

"Bring me that velvet robe, Annie, to keep off the chill." I turned to Percy and told him to go back to sleep, there was nothing he could do. Annie slipped me into the robe, I told her to look after Lord Percival, kissed him good morning and goodbye then ran to the kitchen.

Diana was already there as was the Housekeeper, both still in their nightclothes and the Butler doing up the buttons on his waistcoat. Mistress Black and Master Johnstone were waiting for orders but Diana stood there just staring at the blood mingling with the steaming water and hearing the pitiful screams of the scalded man.

"Has the Doctor been called?"

"No Mistress Jane."

"Master Johnstone, send a runner to get him. Send the coach after him, it will save the Doctor time. And another runner for the Constable, he will need to see this. Mistress Black, a chair for Lady Diana and a cup of tea for us both. Have this bloody mess cleared up please. All you gawkers, get about your duties, there is nothing you can do. Those who saw the accident, wait there." I pointed to a spot out of the way of the workers. "The Constable will want to speak to you."

There was a massed chorus of "Yes, Mistress" and people curtsying and bowing as they turned away, some to the tasks just assigned, the rest to go about their business in the kitchen. The chair for Diana arrived and so did the tea. I was just wondering why Reginald was not here when he strode in.

"Eh, what's happening, Jane?" he blustered. "Who's dead?"

He peered down at the body without recognition then turned to me as the Housekeeper was saying, "Sandy Fowler, M'Lord. Kitchen porter. This one is Keith Foster, kitchen porter, too."

"What have you done so far, Jane?" He seemed more composed now.

"I have sent for the Doctor and Constable and sent the carriage to bring the Doctor back with haste. I could not think of anything else, M'Lord."

"Thank you, Mistress Jane. I think you have covered it all. Mistress Black, send for Lady Diana's maid." He put his hand gently on her shoulder.

Chairs appeared for me and Reginald as it would be several minutes before the Doctor could arrive. I had another cup of tea and Reginald has some brandy while we waited. "Bad business, Jane. Bad business. Hmmm, do I send everybody home? Damned nuisance. Still, can't be mended. Ah, Eleanor, help your Lady back to her apartment. Go Diana; there is nothing you can do. What do you think, should I send 'em home?"

"Let us wait, M'Lord. You can make these decisions in a more settled state, when we know more."

"Bad business," he chewed on his knuckle.

The Doctor arrived, pronounced one man dead without even examining him. Only a cursory examination told the Doctor that there was little he could do there but he stayed on his knees by the screaming patient and was rummaging in his large bag. "Can we get him to the cottage hospital quickly?"

Reginald was still chewing his knuckle so that left me again making the decisions...

"Yes, Doctor Rumsden. He can ride on the back of a farm trailer," Master Johnstone suggested and was already delegating the task when I turned to him.

"Thank you M'Lady. Can we get him onto something flat for a stretcher."

"You two, clear those cheeses away and we can use the trestle top," Mistress Black issued her instructions as the Constable entered, puffing heavily and looking about him.

"Here Constable," I called.

"Yes, M'Lady. What do we have?" He got out his notebook and licked his pencil.

"These two were carrying that kettle full of boiling water down those steps. One of them tripped or stumbled. This one, Sandy Fowler..." I looked at Mistress Black for confirmation and she nodded. " ... cracked his head open on the step. The Doctor has pronounced him dead. Keith Foster, the injured one was scalded by the contents of the kettle. Both of them kitchen porters. Doctor Rumsden wants him moving to the hospital immediately. That is being organised. Those four over there were witness."

"Thank you M'Lady. A most succinct summary. Is there a room where I may interview the witnesses shortly, please?"

Again Mistress Black spoke up, "The Constable may use my office, Mistress Jane." I nodded my thanks and at that moment the two girls brought the table top, covered by a sheet. Mistress Black told them to place it carefully next to Keith. She picked out four large men and Doctor Rumsden coached them on how to lift the injured man onto his stretcher. The poor man was now just moaning incoherently, obviously the Doctor had given him something to ease the pain.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.