A Fine Life - Cover

A Fine Life

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

Chapter 5

All right, all right already. A man knows when he is beaten. No man can stand up to three females; their victory was certain.

Sam, Julie, Princess (Needed a better name for her than ‘Slave’) and me their humble servant packed up and headed out ‘West. Wait, that was another story. We went South towards Tuscon then west to Yuma; at least that was the plan. You all know by now about plans and their longevity, right?

Any-Who! One Reservation we did stop at was, well we turned around and left. Another was 179 degrees different. The old guy, chief I guessed was cold at first (Not to wonder why), warmed up with Sam and Julie but became damn near gracious when Princess came into view. He listened to our story. I think Princess sitting next to me, holding my hand gave him some ideas; or was it something else?

“Thirteen? She is old enough to be wife then!”

Wow, so much new information! I think we had heard that before. What he added was new though.

“You want to marry these other two also? Would be better if you have Indian name! Even better you live here! Best you join tribe, become Brave!” (See note that follows)

That Old Man was my kind of guy. That got me, What? You Guessed it Mac, three of ‘Them looks’, you know the ones only a woman gives or a lioness ready to pounce on ‘Din-Din’!

“Ahh! Maybe ‘our Chief’ here, him have good idea, maybe? Is what ‘Running Fast’ think! What you say, almost wives.”

From Julie: “Sky is Falling can only do what Chief say!”

From Sam: “Sam Shy would hate to not do what Chief say.”

Now it was Princess’s turn: “Ect ... tually, it depends what the dowry is and if ‘our’ new husband can keep me in the manner I am accustomed to!” (The Scamp smiled, a wide smile)

Now this had some un-intended implications. It was a tribe of only about 177. There was a big, huge casino across the Expressway which the tribe owned. Every adult owned part of it and most adults worked there. Oh! No Taxes! No ... well you get the picture and although there were little or no ‘privileges’ of being a US citizen, one also did not have 10,000 restrictions.

Three wives was either a curse or a benefit. The Chief only had one: “Soaring Squirrel not stupid, one wife is hard enough to live with.”

I guess it does depend on the lady.

(Note: Nothing meant to insult the race who’s lands Americans stole. The mimicry of how a Native American speaks is all bullshit fostered by Hollywood. My Son-in-law is part Native American, as is my Grandson and Granddaughter and they sure don’t speak like that. Life on a Reservation is usually bad to worse with very few living a life of luxury. Some do, especially where there is a Casino, Oil, Gold or a US Govt reparation has been paid are wealthy. Some tribes have nothing. Life is like that no matter where. The have’s and have not’s. All this is just IMHO, not a fact!)

“As much as some glaring problems would be solved today, new ones, both now and in the future would be introduced.”

“Look around BUDDY! Did you see all the wonderful opportunity, great pay, and a great lifestyle for any of us, and ‘we’, except Princess here, were better off than most. She was a slave, of course to live, we were like ‘whores’ having to live with some guy to keep a roof over our heads, MMM let me think? Which way is so much better? “Difficult choice maybe?”

“Chief, may we stay a bit and learn more. It is something I or we never thought possible. Our goal was to try to find a home for this young woman, now you offer all of us a new home! It is a big step for us!”

“Yes it is! Most would laugh it off as some sick joke. Yet you consider the merits and the pitfalls of such an option. You should see life here for yourself, speak with the people, ask them questions and in-turn answer there’s. See if they accept you and you them. Only with a true understanding of what reality is here would anyone be capable of making an informed choice.”

“So. MBA or PHD. Life on the Reservation can’t be that good?”

“Harvard, Class of ‘68 helps some! Come let’s see if we can find you a place to stay or at least a spot with water and power hook-ups!)”

I had the feeling we were being treated special because of Princess. After-all she was the one who needed to decide things, we were just along for the ride, as I saw it.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.