One Way or Another
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

'Parting was such sweet sorrow' for both Karl and Mollie. Karl because he could not be certain what his sister would put on his credit cards without him to watch her and Mollie because, just on general principles, she hoped they had enough of Karl's cards. She was becoming another Erika perhaps.

The call to Karl from Erika's cell put an answer to that question. Not one call, I should say several calls. Two came from people who identified themselves as from Karl's credit card company. They indicated a larger than normal number or purchases and wanted to verify if there was any fraud involved or not. Oh by the way, the limit on both cards had been exceeded. Erika had done this before. She seemed to always just love to buy things using his accounts, never her own. Her call home asking for another plane to be sent because 'there was no more room in this one', got to him. His face was turning red; some might say steam was rising from around the collar of his shirt.

Her little laugh then two giggles painted a picture of him being 'had' by the three girls. "We'll be home shortly dear brother and no, there is still a little room left in the plane, we even bought you something." Karl was nodding. He was about to say that it was most likely like last time she did this. She had packaged all the receipts tied together with a ribbon. God, he loved her. At times, she was silly like a young girl, mostly though, she, like Karl had never been allowed much of a childhood with father. He rather did enjoy those times when she was like this. He took a deep breath and smiled. In Mollie, she seemed to find someone she might relate to also. Relate to, it was funny, they would soon be related. That Marta, now Mollie had or would be joining the 'family' meant quite a bit to both of them.

He knew there were some 'family secrets', maybe just 'secrets' he had to tell Mollie yet he was reluctant about some. Reluctant because some had not yet come to pass and may never happen. Yet...

"I am home sister. Are you all coming here? I can meet you at the plane if you want."

"Nein. We will leave for home as soon as we land. I want to tell Mollie a few things on the way and yes, we all enjoyed the shopping. With everything changing it will be some time before I get to do this again, so Yes, it was good for me too."

Inga had called ahead. Even she enjoyed the trip. It was good to see Erika this way. For too long all she ever did was work. There had been a huge change in her with Marta. Now she saw it again with this Mollie.

Their discussion on the ride back was not very difficult to accept. The most surprise was the discussion that Mollie would be expected to produce the heirs. This seemed to be a point Erika wanted to focus on. Once it was out there, there was no further mention of it.

One of the things that was not mentioned was the home. The family home. The four of them were expected to live there. As they pulled nearer to it, Mollie saw the edifice. It was a Castle and Marta said it was more than 350 years old. The wings she and Mollie would occupy had been modernized. They had light, heat and bathrooms. There were 73 rooms in it and more than 8,300 acres of woods and streams around the home. It offered the peace and solitude they all needed from time to time. There would be an event held there after the Board's meeting and the Company party. Several close friends and associates would attend and some details of their new investments would be discussed.

Erika also told Mollie that the new venture would have a senior partner from both sides. Mollie would head that up. Hans Bauer was expected to be the Daimler rep and Dr. Kenji Matsumoto from Kaga Heavy Industries the other. Erika would concentrate on the Americas, Karl on Europe and Asia and Mollie on the new venture. Inga, and Marta would be available to support them all whenever needed.

For the first time, Erika shared the amount of money involved. It was anticipated that the venture would consume more than 20 Trillion Euros in the next 5 or 6 years. It was also projected to provide a positive cash flow within 6 years. It would, in effect, double the value and worth of the company. There was no attempt to elaborate on the controversial aspects of the venture.

"The new group is to be called, 'PBE'. It would combine Pharmaceutical, Robotics/Bionics and Specialty Engineering concepts, hence 'PBE' was created."

That, within a Military context, had more than a generic meaning.

"After all this in Berlin is over, I would like you to review the leading site for the new venture. It is on the Coast on Japan, quite secure and already owned by Kaga. If you approve, we will be able to pull ahead with the start-up."

That was it. Mollie's attention was occupied by her new home now. Erika looked at Marta and smiled. Mollie looked at the Castle and had to blink her eyes to make certain this was not all some dream. It was not. She saw Karl standing outside in the courtyard. Her heart started to race.

After almost being bowled over with Mollie's greeting; Karl had the details of the entire trip relayed, in some detail, to him by the girls. Inga was there, she was staying at the house too. Over time, she had become an important part of what they were doing. At one time there was some thought that she and Karl would become closer. The 5' 8'' blue-eyed blond never fulfilled that expectation however, that spark was never ignited between them. She did seem 'almost' family though and was privy to many details of their plans that others were excluded from knowing.

Let me also mention who else lived there. There was a small staff, 12 bodyguards were within the home and there were always 12 or more guards with the dogs patrolling the grounds outside the home with 24 more in reserve. Erika had been, since she was a little girl. provided her two shadow keepers. The Saffron hooded sisters were a gift from Hiro Matsumoto, who was her Godfather. No one could remember a time his family and the Daimler's were not friends and allies.

The death of the father had created a rift in the family. Some thought that they deserved much more than they had received. Some wanted control of the company, some thought a vast family fortune would be theirs. The fact that only Karl and Erika controlled Daimler was a bitter pill for them. That and the changes to take place had heightened the level of security around the family, Mollie and Inga included.

The divestiture of Airbus had been forced upon Daimler. It too was the catalyst for increased security. The bulk of Aerospace, was thought to remain with Daimler. German influence and employment should increase with this move, the government thought.

Erika decided they, the now primping German government should not have there cake and enjoy it too much. She sold off most of the Aerospace group. Carefully, the desired pieces she intended for the new venture went to her godfather and Kaga. The rest was sold to firms in Sweden and America. The cost eventually would have a negative impact on German employment compensation for Bonn. There were some in the government that now recognized what the impact would be and made overtures, that were ignored, not to sell those remaining parts off. Some retribution for their actions was necessary though, it would be a hard lesson for them. This was not a game for Bonn 'pretty boys' in politics to play at. This was business, a business that Daimler had been in for 200 years. They would learn the hard way now to stay out of her domain.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.