One Way or Another
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2015 by Lapi

And shop they did, at least Marta wanted to. They were both lucky. Miami International had a lot more shops for clothes than most airports did. There were two places that Mollie found something she liked and at a somewhat reasonable price.

Marta just shook her head. "Nein. You would look like you were there to clean their offices, not represent us. Think a little more, ... more, fashion sense and not what is at bargain price. Remember, I'm paying so you don't think of what you might like, think of what an heiress would like. These are men my dear. You are not going there to listen to their speeches but they to listen to yours. They want to win, to be superior to you, even to make you overpay for things. You on the other-hand do not need or care about them. Concentrate of the objective, what you want to get out of this meeting, that is what Erika would do. Their eyes should stay fixed on you while you pick their pockets clean. Now let us go and buy you some pick-pocket clothes, Ja?"

Mollie just shook her head. She felt like she had just had her first test in school and failed. "Marta, I don't know if I can do this. You are so much better at this than I am, why don't you do it."

"Mollie, Mollie, Mollie. Do you think I was always like this. I used to be a weak little girl, scared of mine and anyone's shadow until Erika found me. You think I am better, Nein, when she met me I could not compare to you on your worse day. Mollie, think of us, Erika, Karl, myself as your team. A team helping you become what we need and will need to conquer the world. If you learn from today, no matter what the outcome, learn from this meeting and try again another time. You are being given a chance that no one hardly ever gets. Why? Why because you are kind, intelligent and beautiful and Karl is in love with you. Your team is with you so that you do not fail. I have told Erika she was wrong to try to make you think today was some kind of a test. It is not!"

"Phew!"

"Yes, Phew, there is no way you can fail, it is the day you will decide if you will take orders or give them though. Again, I say there is no way you could fail today. If you pay the money and buy the land, fine. If you don't and we walk away, we go someplace else; that too is fine. It is your choice what happens. They need you, more than you need them."

"Why Marta? Why me?"

"We all might ask this Mollie! Think of this as Fate. You have been given a chance to do something in which you cannot fail. Think of it this way. Your own fears, perceived limitations and restrictions are not your worst enemy, they are your only enemy. Overcome them. What is that saying, 'The World is you shellfish!' start to feast on it girl."

"Oyster, you mean Oyster!"

"What you are hungry already, we eat on the plane, shop now."

Not only did her joke break the ice, the grin on Marta's face brought out the same on Mollie's. It was like a weight was removed from her. She almost began to wonder why though they were doing this for her. That question was answered when she thought of how, she herself felt. That frying pan, when it hit her, now made Karl the most important thing in her life. If it could happen to her, maybe it could happen to Karl also. Marta had given the answer to her doubts also. Because Erika and Marta loved Karl and Karl loved Mollie, Erika and Marta wanted Mollie to succeed. It was that simple.

"Let's shop, I'm hungry now. We eat on the plane did you say?"

The she-wolf in Mollie now was coming out. Marta was laughing and shaking her head.

$3,800 later, Mollie looked and was dressed like she was ready to chew up and spit out any who stood in her way today.

As they returned to the plane, Marta had the feeling a Daimler had been created this morning. She called Erika on the walk back to tell her so.

Mollie knew about planes, she had been flying for almost 5 years now. At gate 1, stood something that took her breath away. Marta pulled her up the stairway and inside where Mollie felt light-headed. She had never seen something like this.

"Ja, she is beautiful, like you. It was a special Airbus we made when it was still part of the Aerospace unit."

Taking her hand Karl kissed it then pulled her close. "You look wonderful. Come rest, eat something. After today, my sister will make you think your old job was easy. You had some time with Marta, no?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.