Seasonal Daughters, Book 2 - Cover

Seasonal Daughters, Book 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 14

We finished eating and sat in the living room to talk some more.

April and Tom were renting a house out from Auburn. April was excited about their new area. "Mom, there is a big lake not far. Tom and I are going to check it out. One of the professors we met lives on the lake full-time and commutes from his home. We are just going to spend this year exploring and get used to our jobs. One of our targets is to learn the area. Alabama is an interesting area and neither of us know much about the state."

Mark said, "We have a real change coming. Massachusetts is a long way north and we are going to watch weather. They talk about snow and cold weather differently. We are going to be cautious this year."

March said, "I start at Tech this fall. I'm trying to get them to waive my freshman and sophomore years. Nancy and I went over to the campus and talked with a few people. I going to get her to take me over there again soon."

Laura said, "I want to hear more about her poker game with March from Nancy."

Nancy blushed bright red. "I'd rather not get into the details. We played and I lost."

May grinned. "I bet it was strip poker!"

Nancy's face got even redder. Laura went on to other subjects to Nancy's considerable relief. We were pretty much caught up with our children. April and May were headed back to their in-laws to spend the night. April and Tom would be leaving in the morning for Auburn. May and Mark would be in town for another three days. We would all meet for church in the morning.

After our daughters left, it was just the four of us. Laura said, "Now, we 'will' hear about the poker game."

Nancy blushed but straightened. "I'm not proud of that event though I don't regret it. I had taken March to play with some of Tom's friends and he did quite well. I have since learned to be careful. He was staying with me at Mom's house that night.

"When we got home, Mom was in bed asleep. We weren't tired and were on the couch downstairs in the condo. March challenged me to a few games of poker for fun, he said. After a few hands, he suggested that we bet to make it more interesting. Somehow, we began to bet clothes and I was losing. I was down to my panties before I really realized what I was doing. I was embarrassed but March admitted he wanted to look and touch. I-I let him and I liked it. I love your son very much. No other man has ever seen my breasts. I'm embarrassed to admit it. March and I talked about our feelings and we won't repeat that, not just the poker, the nakedness and touching until our status changes into an acknowledged couple, namely marriage."

She smiled shyly. "However, I will remember that time fondly and cherish it. It gives me something to look forward to later. I hope March will remember it, too, because that's all he gets."

March said, "I do and will remember that time though I loved you before that. I think that was when you returned my love rather than that of an aunt for a nephew." Nancy smiled at him as they sat together on the couch holding hands.

I had to admit that my son was showing a mature caring for Nancy. I decided that, though it concerned me, I would continue not to interfere.

Laura said, "I want to hear everything but I don't want you to have to tell me that story again." She looked at March who looked back with his sunny innocence. "Don't give me that look, Son. You orchestrated the whole thing and deceit doesn't reflect well upon you.

"Your sisters found the ones for them early and they waited. You must also."

March looked contrite. "I know it was wrong but it was also right. Nancy needed to see me in a different light and that was the only way I could think might tip the scales the way I wanted."

"Did you think that she might have become very disturbed emotionally by the situation?"

"Yes, Ma'am. She was but I managed to sooth her and get her clothes back on. She now knows that I love her and that her love for me is also a romantic love that we must hold carefully for years before it can be allowed to blossom fully."

I thought that it was difficult to remember that March was only eleven years old when talking with him. His thought processes and maturity were beyond any eleven year old I had ever heard of. We left them in the living room and headed upstairs to our bed.

Laura said, "What should we do, Paul?"

"What is there to do? We're faced with a son who is the aggressor and leader of that couple and that takes nothing away from Nancy's brains or maturity level. As long as he can control his hormones, they will be fine. He is making a point for his close relatives to all know that there is a special connection between them. At a later time, I am sure he plans to let it be known that the connection is romantic. It worries me a bit but suggesting he hang around with someone his own age isn't practical or realistic. She is more his emotional age and seems to be adjusted to the situation. They know this isn't a short term thing and that it will be years, if ever, that anything comes of them together.

"Our girls have guys their age. I am only a few years older than you. Old guy and young woman romances are more acceptable publicly. That doesn't mean that an older woman and young man won't work particularly in this situation. His sisters and, more importantly, Tom seem to be okay with everything."

She nodded. I knew this discussion wasn't over. It gnawed at her but March was an exceptional young man and his life may never fit "normal" patterns.

We slept entwined. Sunday would be another day.

They were sleeping together when I went by. I gave a quick knock saying, "Time to get moving." I heard them move as I went to the kitchen for coffee. I carried two mugs up to our room and managed to get the door open and pushed it closed behind me without spilling any. I also noticed that March was up and about. Shortly, the four of us met downstairs to head to church.

March said, "Momma Rosa wants us to have lunch at the restaurant."

I nodded. "Does she know?"

Nancy looked at me. "Yes, Sir. She approves. She told us that March would have time to prove that he is a gentlemen and for me to continue to show that I'm a lady. I'm glad she approved. Her disapproval would have been hard to bear."

Laura said, "Her disapproval, not your status?"

"That's correct. I've made my bed even though I can't really sleep in it for years yet. March told me that you, Missus Laura, once said that, when the right one comes, you hang on. I'm hanging on."

I could tell that, while Nancy and March's answers satisfied on an intellectual level, Laura wasn't satisfied on an emotional level. They were obeying the rules set down for March's sisters and even for us before we married. It made it difficult to challenge them. I watched them at church and they were totally circumspect. Laura noticed their actions, too.

We were alone walking out to the car. I said, "Laura, you are going to have to let it go. March would be mature for a man in his thirties and is considerably more intelligent. Nancy knows what she is getting into including the risks."

"Paul, he's my baby. He's our only son and our youngest. It's harder every year to know that he's growing beyond us."

"Laura, that's what children do. Our job is to love them, teach them, and let them go a little more each year. March loves God and he loves us. He has always been a good kid and this is part of growing up." I grinned. "Do you realize how old we are now that our youngest is going to start college?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.