Seasonal Daughters, Book 2 - Cover

Seasonal Daughters, Book 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 13

It wasn't much longer. Two weeks later, we had another wedding. This one was similar to a year agoexcept that April was matron of honor instead of May's maid of honor. March was still the ring bearer. Tom was Mark's best man. Laura and I stood to give the bride away. They made a great couple and would share an apartment with April and Tom. They returned from their honeymoon and spent the first night back in our house. When they went to bed, May was very obvious about closing the door to the bedroom.

March said, "I guess I have to sleep alone."

I smiled. "I guess so, son. You have to find an open door. They are married so may sleep without someone watching or joining them."

"I know, Dad. I wonder if I'll ever find someone."

Laura said, "How old was I when I married your father?"

He thought for an instant. "You were thirty-five and Dad was thirty-nine. He was married before to our other mother in heaven." He brightened and then was saddened. "You hadn't been married before. Does that mean that I will have to grow old before I can find a mate?"

"March, that depends and thirty-five is not old!" His eyes were apologetic. "You can settle for one or wait for the right one. Your dad was the right one. I didn't date much in high school or in college. I had even decided that I probably would never marry. Then I met your father and my life has been wonderfully crazy ever since. I love him and I love my life with him. We love you and your sisters."

It's been five years since May and Mark married. It's my fiftieth birthday and Laura has decided along with our children to make a big deal out of it. Jeanette has long since left Laura's old house for a condo. We see her frequently. We still go to Momma Rosa's. She still watches over things but is slowing down. It is now March's favorite place to eat. My parents are getting old as are Mother Munroe and Mickey.

April and Tom just finished their doctorates and they will be moving to Auburn to start their new positions at the University. May and Mark are finishing their master's degrees and will get their doctorates. They are going to MIT, of all places, for their doctorates! Since it's physics that does make sense though it's a long way north and away from us. The folks up there wanted both of them and made offers that were very generous. What they didn't know is that they would only get them as a package.

With our daughters away in college and handling their own affairs, we only had to think on March's schooling. At six, he started the third grade. At seven, he started the sixth and has never looked back. He's a high school sophomore but has applied for early admission to Georgia Tech. I know it will be granted and he will graduate at an absurdly young age.

The only problem has been his social acclimatization has been poor. No, that's not correct. He is well-liked by everyone and is unfailingly helpful and courteous to every person he meets. Girls his age swoon in his presence and older ones pant. He is nice to them all. The ones his age just can't keep up. Some of the older ones see him as too young.

Laura and I have slowed down a little but our marriage is still great and she makes women May's age jealous. I just try to keep up.

It's time to celebrate my birthday. I have told Laura that she is making way too big an affair out of this. I told her that it's just another year and not more or less important than any other one. I said, "What's important is that I have this wonderful, beautiful, intelligent wife who is my bed mate and mother of my children."

She smiled at me and kissed me. "You're pretty hot stuff for an old guy. You still get stares from females of every age. Last night, our waitress gushed to me how lucky I am to be married to a hunk like you. She wasn't much older than May! She said that, if I ever get tired of you, to let her know." She grinned. "I told her not to hold her breath."

March was listening. "You two will grow older together." His phone dinged to show an email coming to him. He looked at it. "I can start Georgia Tech in the fall with a full scholarship. That's good. I enjoyed high school but two more years doing that work was going to be seriously boring."

We had the party Friday night. Our daughters and their husbands came into town for the celebration. We had time to spend with them beyond just the party. Laura's invitations had stressed, "No presents." There were nice cards and funny cards. Everyone seemed to have a gag gift for me including my daughters and my wife. She gave me her gift last. After so many "you're getting old" and "no longer able" gifts including a fake prescription for Viagra. Her gift was a pair of black silk boxers with the words, "Hot Buns," printed in orange across the rear and hot peppers all over the front and back. On the front were the words in smaller print reading, "Rod of Steel" on one leg and "Good guys DO finish last!" on the other leg. She made me hold them up so everyone could read the words. I blushed, hearing the laughter and catcalls. She slinked up to me and said, "I hope you wear those tonight, for a while!" She kissed me hard and rubbed against me. I believe that every man there was jealous of me in that instant. She just exuded sexiness.

March was laughing. "Mom, your daughters are watching!" They were!

April was grinning. "I guess you'll close the door tonight?"

Laura grinned back, "One of us will!"

Of course, that statement had to be explained to even more laughter. It was a merry time and time for the cake. Laura brought out chocolate cake. April brought out vanilla ice cream. Mary brought desert plates, napkins, and sporks. Laura had her left arm around my waist and raised her right one "Quiet!" As soon as it quieted, she said, "Let us pray." She thanked God for me for entering her life and filling it with joy and light. She recounted my old-fashioned ways that made her curious. She went on to me for leading her to Jesus and salvation. She thanked me for giving her words to hear like "Mom," "Mommy," "son," and "daughter," when she became my wife. She finished by thanking God for the wonderful man to stand beside who is her husband. When she finished and said, "Amen," to much echoing, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The cake was cut and passed out.

I was in the living room sitting in my big easy chair. Laura came in and sat in my lap. She put our plates to one side and spent what felt like an hour kissing me. If I wasn't hot before, I was panting now. She fed me from my plate. Our daughters brought coffee and my "over the hill" cane. I said, "I don't need that."

April giggled. "You might well tomorrow! Right, Mom?"

"If he can stand up at all." Laura hugged me.

Nancy was invited for my birthday though really came for March. There was a sixteen year difference in their ages but they were close. Nancy had just graduated with her master's degree and was fielding job offers. She would live with her mother until figuring out what to do.

I decided that talking to my son about their relationship might be a good idea. I noticed they were sitting very close to each other on the couch.

Some more time passed and people gradually started to leave until all our guests but Nancy were gone. She and March were talking quietly on the couch. May and Mark left for the Gordon's and April and Tom left for Jeanette's home. They would return in the morning. Laura collected plates and cups and headed for the kitchen.

I said, "March, I think we need to talk."

"Yes, Sir. I thought you might want to say something to me privately."

He paused and then continued, "Nancy is a wonderful person and she is my very, very good friend. I hope that we will become lovers and marry at some point."

"March, that is my concern."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.