Seasonal Daughters, Book 2
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Before I knew it, late May arrived and May's birthday was upon us. As she had for April, Laura took May shopping one on one. They had a marvelous time. A teen about Tommy's age had hit on May and a young guy in his mid twenties had tried to pick up Laura! They had both deflected the guys gracefully according to May. She did give the boy her phone number.

Laura said, "He lost a lot of interest when I explained that I was meeting my husband later and I was shopping with my younger daughter for her birthday." May and she grinned.

We had a family dinner Saturday night with May's presents and a cake. Sunday was her real birthday and we were going to Rosa's for a luncheon with Mother Munroe and Tommy. He was included in many of our times. April and he had a genuine attachment. May considered him a true friend. Laura and I enjoyed having him around. April was just as popular with Tommy's parents. Mother Munroe was joining us at church and then lunch. She would stay with us through supper.

It's May's birthday and she is eleven years old! I was very proud of both my daughters and was happy to be celebrating one of their birthdays today. Laura had left the door open last night even though we made love late. Both girls came wandering in just before time to rise. They were going to tease us but, instead, we sang "happy birthday" to May. We hugged and kissed her and then her older sister.

April said, "Well, get out of bed, Dad."

I blushed but didn't leave the covers. Laura blushed, too. She said, "We lost the bottoms to our sleepwear late last night." The girls giggled. "You'll have to get out and close the door." They giggled some more.

April said, "What if we had walked in late last night. I don't think you ever closed the door."

Laura blushed again. "It was a late night idea. If you had come in, you would have learned more of the facts of life than we would want to teach in person." The girls thought that was very funny and it was made even funnier since their parents were underdressed for their company. Finally, I pointed out the door. They left and even closed the door. They were still giggling as they went down the stairs.

We tossed the covers back and collected our bottoms and went into the bathroom. I said, "They are getting old fast."

"Yes and no. They are both mature for their ages. They also know their parents are doing something in bed that is intensely enjoyable. They're curious. They're also a little nervous and that manifests itself in the giggling. We're doing fine and you are a wonderful lover, Paul. The water had warmed and we got in the shower together and enjoyed washing each other's body. It was a marvelous way to start a day!

Our Sunday school class was great and Mother Munroe drove up just as we stood outside to see her. Tommy was already with April since their Sunday school class was together. Mother Munroe came up to eager cries of welcome, hugs, and kisses. We entered the sanctuary with her between Laura and May. I was on Laura's other side with April between me and Tommy. The service was great and, as was traditional in our church, everyone having a birthday was recognized including, of course, May.

After the service, we talked to some more people and then transported everyone to Rosa's. May rode with her grandmother. At Rosa's, I felt like Laura and I were at the tail end of a procession with May and Mother Munroe at the head. It was fun and Momma Rosa made much of May as she was escorted to her chair by another grandson of Momma Rosa. I later learned that May knew Charlie and he was twelve years old. Charlie was our busboy and was very helpful to our waiter during our meal. He seemed to pay particular attention to May. The meal and desert were over with birthday wishes being given to May by all the staff and we left for home.

It was an enjoyable afternoon and evening. Mother Munroe went home. April and I took Tommy home. All three of us hugged May one more time before retiring to our beds.

School was out. Both girls kept their "A" averages and began their summer reading program for me. Laura was also watching over it and put some books into the group for this summer. She started her extra week as a teacher. On Tuesday, she brought home a contract offer. The handbook had been changed and the contract included new handbooks. I printed off an extra paragraph granting her the right to teach at her school where April continued to be a student. She took it in the next day. Late that afternoon, I received a call from John as attorney for the school district.

"Good afternoon, John. I guess I have an idea about why you're calling."

"Good afternoon, Paul. You're right of course. You gave your wife an addendum to the contract. The district is concerned. Of the teachers in that school, most of the rest have also added that provision to their contracts. Are you aware of the problem this represents to the district?"

"Well, John, I wasn't aware that my wife had spread the paragraph around but it seems to represent a real sentiment. You have a problem unless you are prepared to replace that many teachers for the coming year if they are insistent upon adding the provision."

"Most are and Colbert is not happy. The teachers found out in the last board meeting that he was responsible for the prior change and one teacher even told him that she did not trust him and had two offers from other districts if that provision were not included in her contract. She's not married and has no children."

"John, it would seem that your Doctor Colbert has created a situation that doesn't bode well for the district. Laura talked to me about this provision and we added it because we distrust Colbert. I know that she has received a lot of support in our marriage from many teachers at the school. You know that angering a group is one of the best ways for them to choose to organize even on an informal basis. Have you considered bending before this wind?"

"I've talked to some members of the board. They are concerned with setting a precedent."

"John, it seems by continuing to have Colbert as principal and not pinning his ears back hard earlier has set a precedent that is now coming home to roost. I warned you before I spoke to the board and hinted about it in my speech that the district was not handling this wisely.

"Apparently, they chose not to listen. I guess you and the district have a lot of teachers to replace. I know that Laura would hate to leave but I am equally sure she is prepared to do just that. I, of course, would be supportive of her position. I also would examine the credentials of incoming teachers carefully. Any diminution in ability or talent would be subject to an action on my part on behalf of my daughters."

"Paul, that won't help my argument with the board members."

"It might give you some ammunition. The problem is Colbert and I don't know if that can be cured at this time. The mistrust for him extends upwards to the board. We have found similar problems with supervisors and managers here. Transferring the responsible party is the minimum solution. I'm not making a recommendation to you but just giving some informal, unsolicited advice.

"As I always say to a potentially adverse party, you have to do what you think is best. I do suggest that you consider all the ramifications of any action that is taken."

"Paul, I was hoping you had a magic bullet to help resolve this."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.