Seasonal Daughters, Book 2 - Cover

Seasonal Daughters, Book 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 2

It was a warmly loving night. In the morning, we rose to go to school and my office. We kissed good bye. April now rode with Laura while May still rode with me to her school. I let her off. She gave me a kiss and said, "We can talk more tonight, Daddy." I smiled and nodded.

Fortunately, there was nothing important or pressing about my day. I headed home to talk to my younger daughter in particular though I wanted Laura with me while we listened to her. April could contribute much, too. She had known about this longer and even experienced it on a different level.

I arrived home to find that we had a guest. Laura had April invite Tommy home to join us for supper. Laura volunteered that she had talked to Jeanette who had approved cautiously. They did have a project in Earth Science together and truly needed some study time together.

I found them working together in the dining room while Laura and May were working on supper. It would be meat loaf, green bean casserole, and a baked potato for each person. I sniffed appreciatively and hugged and kissed all three of my girls. I shook Tommy's hand. I went up to change clothes and was joined by Laura. She let me get me clothes off before she plastered her wonderful body against mine. I admitted to a different hunger now which made Laura grin happily. "Hang on to that thought, my love. I'll satisfy that hunger after May and I feed you." She grinned some more as I pulled on some casual clothes. We went downstairs with our arms around each other's waist.

May looked up from where she had been sitting with April and Tommy. "Ah, the parental unit. Glad you came down. Supper is ready." She grinned at us.

Laura looked at her sternly. "We're newly wed. We're supposed to enjoy touching each other." She leaned into me. "We do, too." I just had a foolish grin. She was right.

Laura helped May serve plates. April and Tommy moved their books and tablets to the end of the table out of the way. "April, what is your project about?"

"It's a tough one, Dad. We are assigned to determine the truth about global warming. I think we may have been set up. We are still tracking down the quotes from people to frequently find they are quoting phantoms. There are reports but they don't come to conclusions. Other people have drawn conclusions from them without the level of expertise they should have. There are even contradictory opinions drawn from the same research! It's hard to separate fact from fiction. You've taught me to read between the lines and follow the money trail. There are a lot of lines to read between and even more money trails."

Tommy said, "What's more, We both know the answer we had better find or we have to find clear, overwhelming evidence. We won't find it so now have to fashion a report that is true and will still satisfy Missus Marshal."

We sat down to eat and May prayed for all of us, Tommy's family, and named a school friend of hers. She finished with blessing the food. After the "amen," April said, "What is happening in Iolene's life?"

"I'm not sure but she is troubled. I'm going to try to talk to her tomorrow."

I said, "I want to hear more about how and what you feel from others."

Tommy said, "Mister Sanderson, I'm not sure what May has told you. I can feel the emotions of other people. I am in tune with some people that I can almost understand their thoughts. April is that way to me. I care for her deeply. I try to do things that make her happy. I can feel it when I do the right things and, when I'm close, I usually can figure out what to do differently to get it right. I think she can feel my emotions, too. I trust her so I don't hide my feelings from her." April smiled at him. They leaned their shoulders together.

May said, "I felt that! Tommy's words made April happy and she smiled at him making him happy." She grinned. "Dad, you can be hard to read. You don't give much away except for Mommy and us. Your love for us is always present when you're around us."

Tommy said, "Yes, Sir. You and your wife care very much for April and May but that's easy to see. I'm not able to read how you feel about us being able to read emotions."

I said, "That's probably because I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I do know one thing. I think you need to be careful about revealing this talent to anyone. It can be scary and requires that the other person or persons must have a high level of trust in you."

"Yes, Sir. That's what my dad said to me, too."

"It's good advice in my mind, too. Now, how do you use this power?"

Tommy said, "I listen to people when they talk and how they feel as they talk. Sometimes, the words don't match the feelings. Sometimes, they do. I do the same thing when someone interacts with me. Listening with my mind when I kiss April or hold her hand has taught me how to do things in a way that she enjoys them more. I've learned that I can hold her hand in a certain way that makes her mind quiver with happiness. I like to do things that she likes." He took her hand and then moved his a little bit on hers and she purred. It was glaringly obvious that he had found just the right spot.

Laura said, "You do that to me, Paul. I don't think you even realize it but your hand moves with mine until I quiver into a puddle of joy."

April and May together said, "Aw!"

April continued, "Dad loves Mom!" They chorused again, "Aw!"

I said, "How far away can people be and you still feel their emotions?"

May said, "I think I would know if you, Mommy, or April were hurting. I woke up Sunday night late feeling an overwhelming joy. I knew it had to be you and Mommy because I had felt some of that feeling in the wedding from you."

Laura blushed and I think I did, too. Sunday night was probably the most physical night of our honeymoon!

April looked at us and said, "I would love to hear what you were doing to each other Sunday night."

Laura smiled and said, "Remember that I said there were some things you were too young to hear?" April nodded. "Do you also remember that I told you that there were some things that I would never tell you?" Both girls nodded this time. "Sunday night's activities fit into the later category. Your father is a very patient, passionate, loving, virile man! That's all you need to know."

The girls giggled. I added, "And maybe more." They giggled even more.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.