Seasonal Daughters, Book 2 - Cover

Seasonal Daughters, Book 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 1

I have been remiss about my journaling. The joy in my family has been greater than we expected. I've heard that good news isn't news. I do know that good things happening slow down writing about it because I've been busy enjoying those things so very much.

We returned from our honeymoon physically tired but emotionally still on a high from our time together. The resort was great and we actually left the room a few times! We flew back home on Tuesday afternoon with a little more tan. I drove us home knowing that we still had decisions to make. I pulled into the garage to be met by two daughters and a mother in-law who were all happy to see us. We were happy to see them. All had been well while we were gone.

After supper, Mother Munroe went home with hugs and kisses. To me, she seemed wistfully happy. Laura talked with her a bit extra and called her, "Mom," the whole time. They had a bond that surprised me though I was glad for it.

It was bedtime and we went upstairs with Laura carefully opening and closing the door to the spare bedroom with a happy smile at me as she did it. We went inside our room and changed. Laura got into bed. I opened the door and joined her. I had no more gotten in the bed than both girls joined us.

April said, "The door was open so we came in. Was that okay, Mom?"

Laura smiled. "Yes, that's the signal. Later tonight, I will want it closed while your father and I make love. We love both of you. However, we didn't miss you much while we were at Key West." She grinned.

May said, "We thought you should have some alone time. What did you do?"

I said, "We played tourist. We went to the Hemingway House, walked around, and even enjoyed the beach."

"Dad, we know that. What did you do at night?" April asked.

Laura chuckled. "We were together and, at this time, that's all you need to know other than one thing. Your father made me very happy. I hope I made him happy, too." I smiled and nodded.

"Aw, Mom! You know you can tell us!"

"I know I can but I know I won't. You aren't old enough for some information. There are some things I won't tell you even when you are old enough. Your parents are married and happy in their marriage to each other." Laura snuggled tighter to me and both girls hugged us. We lay together for a while just enjoying our closeness. After a while, the girls went to their own beds. May made a point of closing our door as she went out.

We made love gently and drifted off to sleep holding each other. I'm glad I set my alarm because I might have slept through the morning otherwise. We rose and went to the bathroom to shower. We dressed for the day and came downstairs to see the girls eating their breakfast. I started coffee and Laura prepared simple breakfasts for us. We went about our day.

Laura and I met at the pizza place to pick up supper. We kissed and ordered. While our pizzas were being prepared, we sat side by side holding hands and talked. Laura said, "My day was interesting as I introduced other teachers and my students to my new name. I had more trouble with the teachers than the students."

I looked at her with a question in my eyes. "They wanted to hyphenate me and were slow to pick up on my new title. I used some of your words you used on me such a short time ago about Mary Jones. Paul, I never expected to be as proud of being married as I am. There is something about you and your love that frees me. I want to be Missus Sanderson."

"Laura, I am proud that you want my name and joyous to give it to you. We hadn't talked about it and I was going to let you drive that. I was going to be okay with you maintaining your maiden name for work or hyphenating. You are an intelligent, competent person. I am just glad to be by your side."

"I know that you would support me regardless. I made this decision for so many reasons. When April came into my class, she had heard and rushed to hug me. I told each class and the teachers that I am married to a wonderful man. I want the title, 'Missus, ' and want my new family name for I was proud of my husband and my daughters. Even Doctor Colbert was using it when we talked for a moment at lunch."

Our pizzas were ready. I paid and we drove home in our cars. We pulled in and April and May were there to greet us and help bring our pizzas into the kitchen. Supper was a joyous meal and April was telling of her time in school.

We never did put a movie on but just shared our days. May reported that she aced a test and told all her friends that she had a new mother and that they loved each other. April had people congratulating her all day about her new mother. She also reported that Tommy held her hand and walked her to her classes. They had talked during the two vacation days and even this afternoon. Laura told us about telling people of her new title and last name. She said her teacher friends think I'm hunky. She said she told them that they were right!

I had the picture that my mother took of the four of us and that I had showed it off to anyone who would look. Everyone agreed that Laura and the kids were great looking and I looked very happy.

The four of us ate and enjoyed being together. Finally, we were on the sofa together with me on one end and Laura next to me and April next to her. May was in my lap. It was very comfortable and we all felt good. We went to bed and slept quietly.

Sunday came and we went to Sunday school and church. Many people were congratulating us. Our class gave us an ovation. Between Sunday school and church, Tommy's father, Robert, came to us and said, "On behalf of Momma Rosa and I and our entire family, you are asked to the restaurant for lunch. April and Tommy were standing next to him with happy faces. May was less inhibited. She looked at Laura and said, "Tell him to say 'yes, ' Mommy."

Laura looked at me and smiled, nodding. I said, "Robert, we will be happy to accept your kind invitation.

His wife came up to Laura. Jeanette gave her a hug and kiss. "Thank you for talking him into it. I think he likes you. She grinned and Laura grinned back.

She said, "He's a smart man."

Robert was grinning. "If you don't mind, Jeanette, Tommy and I will join you."

I didn't need to look at Laura to feel her smile. "It will be our pleasure. The real question is, will Tommy ride with us or April ride with you?" Robert and I chuckled watching the two blush delightfully.

April said, "Tommy will sit with me in church and then I will ride with him to Rosa's." Tommy just smiled.

May looked at them and said, "That's the way, Tommy. If you're happy, keep your mouth shut and smile." She grinned. April and Tommy grinned back.

Laura said, "Let's get into church." She grinned happily.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.