Foul Ball - Sophomore Year
Chapter 25: Going Home to Buffalo

Copyright© 2014 by Mindmeld

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 25: Going Home to Buffalo - This is a story of Phil Marlow as he grows up in a medium-sized Midwest town in Indiana with his TV newscaster mom, Sharon. The first installment follows Phil through his sophomore year in high school where Phil learns what growing up and pursuing his dreams begins to mean. The story begins slowly with much of the sex and baseball occurring later.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Sports   Incest   Mother   Son   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Slow   School  

Although the temperature for late September was still pretty mild, I was fearful I would get frostbite inside the car on the way home. Mom and Christy were talking back and forth, but I wasn't included in any of their conversations. When Mom caught my eye in the rear view mirror, she offered no more than a disapproving stare, or occasionally, shook her head. Christy wasn't giving me the stink-eye, but she wasn't talking to me, either. I didn't know if it was because she was pissed or she was following Mom's lead, but I was certainly looking forward to our arrival home and a chance to distance myself from both of them.

As soon as our car pulled into the driveway, I was fumbling with the door handle, ready to make a hasty exit. "Phil, can I have a word?" Mom asked. "Christy, can you give us a few minutes?"

Christy exited the car and headed into the house. What? Why was Christy headed into the house? There was an entire conversation I must have missed. I figured that Christy would be headed home after our tour of the TV station.

"I'm very disappointed, Phil. I don't know if I'm more disappointed with Connie or with you. I warned you about her before this trip even started and you didn't listen."

"Don't be upset with Connie, Mom, blame me. I was the one who initiated the kiss." I thought I could hear a slight gasp. "I don't understand what the big deal is."

"You are still fifteen years old, Phil and..."

" ... almost sixteen!" I interrupted.

"That doesn't matter. Connie is almost ten years older than you. She should have known better. You should have known better! I thought I gave you enough information to keep this from happening."

"No, you didn't. You told me to watch out for her, and I did. It's not like she attacked me or anything."

"On top of that, Christy had to see you with lipstick all over your face. How do you think it made her feel?"

"If I knew I had lipstick on me, I would have wiped it off. I'm not deliberately trying to hurt her."

"Deliberately or not, how would you have felt if you saw Christy kissing one of the guys at the station?"

I had to think about that one for a moment, as it hadn't even crossed my mind, before. I know that seeing her kiss Steve Williams or Bill Dolan would have set me off pretty quickly, but I wasn't sure about anyone else. Would I be jealous? Maybe a little. I still had feelings for her, but I knew she would eventually look for and find someone else to make her happy, just as I would be looking.

"Maybe I would be a little jealous, but if she kissed one of the guys at the station, I doubt it would mean much. It's not like they would start dating, necessarily." Mom looked flabbergasted. She could tell the argument wasn't really going anywhere. I didn't feel like I had done anything that wrong, but I still wanted to keep the peace. This wasn't worth arguing over. "Do you want me to apologize to Christy? If you think it would help, I can do that."

"I would appreciate it if you did." She paused, waiting for me to say something else. And then a light bulb came on in my head and I finally thought I understood. I had to go back to my conversation with Connie and put everything together. As it turned out, I was right! Mom had been happier in the last few weeks and it did correlate with my return from Kansas. I had a huge smile on my face, which was completely inappropriate at the moment.

I moved forward and wrapped her up in a hug. She wasn't exactly responsive as I continued to hug her tightly. "I'm sorry, Mom. I really didn't mean to get you upset. I know you told me about Connie, but I didn't hear it the way you meant it. If you want, I'll make sure I'm never alone with her, from now on."

Mom pushed away, but just far enough remain together, but at arms' length. "I don't mean it like that, Phil. It's just ... I don't know why it got me so upset, but it did." I pulled her in for one more hug and kissed the top of her head.

"Let me talk to Christy."

She kissed me on the cheek and led me into the house. Christy was in the living room, curled up on the end of the couch, dozing. I gave Mom a glance. "I'm going to go upstairs and change", she said. "I'll be down in a few minutes." She gestured towards Christy and quickly made her exit.

I sat down on the couch next to Christy and watched her sleeping, peacefully. I wanted to wake her up, but not abruptly, so I tickled her neck lightly, just behind her left ear. She casually swatted at my arm, but didn't stir otherwise. I thought about blowing in her ear, but figured that wouldn't be fair, knowing the effect it had on her. Her shoes were on the floor, so I went for the obvious target next. I had no idea she could move that fast.

She was using a throw pillow to rest her head. I could make out the individual fibers of the pillow as it traveled at great speed towards my head. She may be small, but, man, could she pack a wallop! "Don't tickle my damn feet, asshole!" She had the pillow cocked, ready for her next assault. I could see her rubbing the foot I tickled on the carpet, trying to get rid of the sensation.

Mom was down the stairs in a hurry after hearing Christy yelling. "What's going on?"

I had my arms in front of me ready to defend myself as Christy hovered over me, ready for her next assault. "I think I may have chosen the wrong way to wake up Christy."

"Ya think?" Christy asked. She was fuming.

Mom was now giggling as she took in the scene in front of her. "Was that really your first choice?"

I shook my head. "No. Actually, it was my third."

"Really? What were your first two choices?" Christy demanded.

"I tried to tickle your neck, behind your ear." She frowned. "And I thought about blowing in your ear." Her brown eyes got big and she slugged me with the pillow again. "Ms. Marlow, how do you feel about strong language in your house?" Christy's eyes were inflamed and never left mine.

Mom shrugged. "Don't go overboard." Thanks a lot, Mom.

"Fucking asshole! Why did you wake me up like that?"

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior at the TV station." I pleaded.

"Now you have two things to apologize for." I couldn't help but smile, knowing it was probably wrong thing number three for the day." Christy suddenly smiled at me as well, for a second. Then she scowled and hit me again. "Apologize for waking me up!"

"I'm sorry!"

Then her face changed. A cloud passed over her face briefly and the playfulness went away. She cocked her arm and prepared to strike again. "Apologize for breaking up with me!"

My smile faded. She hit me again. "Apologize, dammit!"

I shook my head. "I'm not going to apologize for that, Christy."

Christy slumped to the floor, the pillow dropping at her side, tears forming in her eyes. "You hurt me, Phil."

"You hurt me, too, Christy." Yes, I had tears in my eyes, as well.

We sat there, both of us miserable, for what seemed an eternity before I noticed Mom sit down on the carpet between Christy and me, strategically moving the pillow out of arms' reach. "Let's take a breath, both of you." We looked at each other and took a moment, easing the tension only slightly. "Christy, do you hate Phil?" Christy shook her head. Mom turned towards me. "Phil, do you hate Christy?"

"Of course not."

"Did either of you hurt the other on purpose?" Neither one of us responded. "I know you didn't. Sometimes we hurt people without even trying. Then the other person takes offense and thinks it was intentional. And here we are."

Christy and I looked at each other and nodded.

"Do you guys like spending time with each other?" I started nodding my head first, but a moment later, Christy agreed as well. "So, let me understand. You both don't hate each other and you like spending time together. Is that about right?" We nodded. "Then spend time together!"

"It's not that easy, Mom."

"Why not? Because you've been so happy and joyful to be around recently?" I had to admit, I'd been a handful, lately. "You're telling me not having Christy around has made your life better?" That was a rhetorical questions, I knew, but I couldn't get back together with Christy, considering what happened at DD's with her and Steve. I did like hanging out with her, though. She made me smile and I felt like a better person around her.

"But he broke up with me." Christy complained.

"Okay", Mom answered, "what does that mean? It's not like you guys got a divorce. There were no assets to divide; no kids to consider. So you broke up. Does that mean you can't be friends?" Christy and I just looked at each other. "Maybe, you could even be good friends." Christy blinked, but was still expressionless. "And what do good friends do? They go out to dinner; maybe to a movie; sometimes just hang out together and watch TV. Does that sound so awful?"

No, it didn't sound awful, at all. Maybe if we weren't a couple, it would be okay to just hang out as friends, with no expectations. Christy nodded her acceptance. "I think I could live with that." I looked over to Christy. "I've always enjoyed being around you. Maybe we could be friends..."

"Good friends." Mom corrected.

I nodded and returned my eyes to Christy's. "Yeah, good friends. I think I could live with that." Christy was still weighing her options, I could tell. I wasn't entirely sure whether she was thinking we should get back together or if she really did want to just be good friends.

"So, we could go out from time-to-time, but we aren't committed?" She asked.

I didn't know how to answer, but Mom did. "Yes, Christy, I think both of you could benefit from a relationship built on friendship. Good friends can last a helluva lot longer than quick romances." Both of us looked at her skeptically. "I know both of you have to have considered what will happen when you graduate, right? There would be a lot of heartache and hurt feelings in the end, I know."

I looked over at Christy and could tell she had tossed this over in her head as much as I had.

"But, if you have a really good friendship, it doesn't have to end when you graduate."

I still felt as though Mom and I could talk about anything. It was time to test the strength of that bond again. "What about sex, Mom? Christy and I have been pretty ... intimate. If we're just friends, does that end?"

Mom looked over at Christy, trying to read her. "That's up to the two of you, really, to decide the boundaries of your friendship." She smiled at me, understanding I was demonstrating a key foundation element. "But I would advise you two to talk more. Friendships are based on trust, as any good relationship is. You've both had a lesson in that area, one I doubt either of you will forget any time soon. To rebuild that trust, you'll need to learn not only how to communicate, but do so in a more meaningful way."

Christy looked over to me and offered a tentative smile. I responded with one of my own. I got up from the couch and helped Christy from the carpet. Mom rose with us as well. I pulled Christy in for a hug. At first, she was a little tense, but I could then feel her relax and sink into the hug. Mom put a hand on both of our shoulders and gave us a warm smile.

"I love you both and hope this is the beginning of something wonderful." With that, Mom joined us in a three-way hug.


I was tossing and turning, unable to relax enough to fall asleep. My alarm clock showed it was just after one-thirty in the morning, meaning I had been struggling for the past hour or so, after the last movie credits rolled and we all decided it was time to go to bed. I say all of us, because Christy was spending the night in the guest bedroom. Her father was out of town on an overnight business trip, while her mother was off visiting friends in Buffalo. Instead of sending Christy home to an empty house after an emotional day, Mom invited Christy to stay overnight and watch some movies.

Mom asked me to take care of dinner, so within forty-five minutes, our Chinese food arrived at the front door. Once dinner was over, Mom took Christy by her house to grab a change of clothes. I cleaned up our mess, adios'd our dishes (paper plates) into the trash and headed upstairs to change into a t-shirt and shorts. By the time I made it downstairs, Christy and Mom were coming in the door and laughing at ... something.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

They both giggled. "We picked up a couple movies from Redbox. We think you'll like them."

Oh, I found that statement to be unlikely. Obviously, my hopes for seeing X-Men: First Class or Assassination Games were toast. I could only imagine the horror I would have to endure for the next four hours. Mom dropped the two discs on the table as she and Christy headed off to change into their pajamas. My nightmare was confirmed. Bridesmaids had just been released on Blu Ray and would probably be pretty funny, but what the hell was I going to do during Red Riding Hood?

I protest, but things weren't as bad as I had imagined they could have been before Christy, Mom and I had our talk. I nuked the popcorn and prepared drinks as they finished changing. My hands were full with the big bowl of popcorn and the drinks as I made my way into the living room. Let's see, I could either sit in the recliner by myself or take the obvious open space on the couch between Mom and Christy. From the looks on both of their faces, I realized, once again, the decision really wasn't mine to make.

By the time the popcorn was gone, the three of us were cuddled together under a blanket. Mom was on my right, snuggled against my shoulder, her arm hooked in mine as she rested her head on my shoulder. Christy mirrored Mom for awhile and both of them were as contented as cats as they exchanged a few smiles between them. After the first movie concluded, bathroom breaks completed and drinks refilled, Christy adjusted, pulling my arm around her as she snuggled into my chest.

When the day began, I was full of trepidation as I was facing a day with my ex-girlfriend, who I had not said more than a handful of words since our breakup, my mom, who I felt had left me to fend for myself after Christy and I broke up and then my boneheaded play for one of Mom's coworkers when we visited the station. I would never have imagined both my mom and Christy snuggled up to me as the day ended. And yet somehow, it just felt ... right ... and very nice.

I looked over at my alarm clock ... nearly two a.m. I was going to be worthless in the morning. Just about the time I was ready to give up and reach for my iPad, there was a soft knock on the door.

"Phil? Are you awake?" Christy asked.

I checked to make sure I was at least halfway decent before answering, "Sure, come in."

Christy stuck her head inside and then quietly came over and sat on the bed next to me. "I'm having trouble sleeping."

"No doubt. That bed would keep Dracula awake."

"No, it's not that. So much happened today, I just can't seem to quiet my mind."

"I'm having the same problem. Honestly, Christy, I never thought today would turn out like it did. I wasn't really looking forward to it." Christy nodded, but had a sad look on her face. "But the way it ended was really nice. You and Mom may suck at picking out movies, but I have no complaints about the company."

Christy regained her smile. "No complaints here, either. I felt like I was more a part of your family tonight than I have been in my own since I can remember. We used to have movie night, too, but that ended a year before we left Buffalo. I can't sleep because I don't want to let go of that feeling."

She was killing me. Mom had been right, all along. I felt petty thinking the trouble Christy and I had recently compared to her troubles at home. The little fits Mom and I had were nothing. I knew they would pass and our relationship would be as strong as ever. Christy didn't have that to fall back on.

"I don't think you have to let it go, Christy. After tonight, you've essentially been adopted by Mom. You might be the little girl she always wished she had."

Christy nodded. "I feel so close to her, maybe that's why. With my mom abandoning us, I didn't know where to turn, especially with Dad traveling now." She looked thoughtful for a few moments. Although she didn't say anything, I could tell she had more on her mind.

"What is it?"

She was biting her nails. "You asked a question earlier and I thought maybe we could talk about it."

"Which question?"

"What kind of friendship will we have? Where do we draw the line?"

"Mmm hmm. That IS a good question. As Mom said, we need to talk about it, so we don't have any miscommunication."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.