Foul Ball - Sophomore Year
Chapter 13: Football Friday Night

Copyright© 2014 by Mindmeld

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 13: Football Friday Night - This is a story of Phil Marlow as he grows up in a medium-sized Midwest town in Indiana with his TV newscaster mom, Sharon. The first installment follows Phil through his sophomore year in high school where Phil learns what growing up and pursuing his dreams begins to mean. The story begins slowly with much of the sex and baseball occurring later.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual   Sports   Incest   Mother   Son   First   Oral Sex   Petting   Exhibitionism   Voyeurism   Slow   School  

I was up long enough to catch Mom's newscast and the weather forecast. Overnight thunderstorms were expected to pass through the area around two in the morning. Although they could be strong, they weren't expected to be damaging. A radar app on my iPad confirmed a line of storms was moving this way, just crossing the Illinois/Indiana border. I got out of bed long enough to put on some workout shorts before going to sleep. More than likely, I would have a visitor overnight.

Rolling thunder woke me briefly a couple hours later. Just before I drifted back to sleep, I felt the bed jostle a bit and the blanket rearranged. When my alarm went off at five-thirty, Mom was still asleep beside me in bed. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and tucked her in before grabbing a t-shirt, socks and jogging shoes and heading out on the short two-mile route. When I returned, she was still in bed, facing away from the dresser and the door, lightly snoring. A few minutes later, I emerged from the shower and headed into my room to get dressed. I was still thinking about the conversation with Jessica last night, so I didn't even think about Mom being there as I got dressed. I finished getting ready and began heading downstairs when my mother offered up a "Love you, Phil."

I was a just a bit startled, having lost sight of the fact that she was still in the room, now not facing away from the bedroom door or the dresser.

"Love you too, Mom." I gave her a quick peck and hug before heading for the kitchen. I had no idea how long she had been awake or facing the way she was. Either way, if she got a show, she didn't complain. I could swear she had a bit of a smirk on her face before I left the room.


Jessica seemed a little more relaxed in homeroom, but that could have been wishful thinking on my part. After going over our conversation last night, I believed she would benefit from talking to a professional about the abortion. Outwardly, she seemed to be about the same. However, knowing what she was going through, I could see little signs that she was struggling. She hid it pretty well, but her face just wasn't as bright, and her demeanor not quite as confident as it was before. That's not to say she was even a bit mercurial. She still had an air about her, and was as much on her game as she needed to be. I had to look really closely to see the little signs.

For the most part, school was beginning to settle into a routine. At lunch, Mike said he would pick me up just after six that evening. After we picked up Alice, we would meet up with Sparks and Heather to grab a quick bite to eat before heading to the game.

I was home just after four and talked briefly with Maria before heading out to the treehouse. We had enough lumber in the shed to replace the two floor boards that were problematic. By the time I needed to get ready to leave for the game, the boards were replaced and cleanup was in progress. I had noticed Ms. Tankersley using binoculars to monitor my progress, so I waved to her, using four more fingers than I wished I had.

Mike honked his horn announcing his arrival just after six. We picked up Alice and headed to Angelo's for some coal-fired pizza. I passed along the information Carlos had provided about the treehouse plans to Mike and Sparks. Both were surprised to find out that we may have to get a permit before beginning real work on the treehouse. I told them a little about Ms. Tankersley, but their lack of sympathy was overwhelming. Sparks made a rather rude suggestion about something I could do for Ms. Tankersley to improve her attitude, which somehow everyone at the table found hysterical ... except me. The image was enough to kill my appetite. Both Mike and Sparks said they would be over around eleven-thirty, Sunday, to help setup for the pool party and talk a bit with Carlos. Alice and Heather would be coming as well.


When we arrived at the stadium, we found a group of seats around the thirty yard line that were as yet unoccupied, so the bunch of us took up residence there. A few minutes later, Christine Baker and a few of her friends arrived and started looking around for us. When she spotted me, she leaned over to one of her friends, pointed and was soon making her way up the steps. She flipped Mike the bird, and gave me a quick hug. I wasn't sure when hugging had become part of our greeting, but I wasn't going to complain. She was certainly becoming more huggable by the day. Sparks didn't get a hug and complained until Heather punched his shoulder.

"I don't see you any more, Phil. Where have you been hiding?" Christine questioned.

"I haven't been hiding. We've both been busy. Mike tell you we're going to renovate the treehouse?"

"Yeah, I overheard him telling Dad about it. I think Dad feels a little left out that you are planning this without him."

Oh, crap! How could I have forgotten that? Tom Baker had been as much a father to me as any male figure had been over the last several years. He went out of his way to look out for me, and was pretty cool about it in the process.

"I'll talk with him Sunday during the pool party. You're coming, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it. Can I bring a friend?"

"Sure. The more the merrier!" I would always be happy to entertain Christine's cheerleader girlfriends. "Where are your parents, anyhow? They never miss a game."

Christy pointed over to the reserved section. Tom and Misty were faithful boosters and had some of the better seats in the stadium. I spotted Maria and Carlos as well. Samantha was nowhere to be found.

We now had ten people taking up parts of three rows of seats. Christine had settled in next to me with four of her friends sitting in front of her. Sparks was on my left side with Heather next to him while Mike and Alice sat just behind me and Sparks.

While Christine and I were talking, I noticed that Mrs. Parkman and her hubby were making their way up the stadium steps. They were both wearing Red Devil jerseys and she had a little Red Devil painted on her right cheek. She saw me on the way up the stairs and gave me a little wave and a smile.

About ten minutes before kickoff, the cheerleaders assembled near the west end zone. A huge banner had been constructed encouraging the Red Devils to stick a pitchfork in the Connersville Spartans. A couple of the male cheerleaders held the banner as Jessica, Christy and Wendy were cheering beside them. The Red Devils busted through the banner and headed over to the sideline to begin their warmups. The cheerleaders cleaned up the banner and headed over to our side of the field. When they started cheering, I noticed that Jessica had the prime spot at the 50 with Wendy to her left. Christy was a couple places off to the right of Jessica, almost directly in front of us.

"I hear you and Christy are becoming quite the item," Christine offered.

"She's really nice. I like her a lot."

"She's been over to the house with Jessica a few times. She's the only friend of Jessica's that I can stand."

"Really?"

"Most of them are fake. They act all nice around Jessica, but they would stab her in the back if they had the chance."

"I think Jessica can hold her own, don't you?"

Christine chuckled a little bit and replied, "She can be a bitch in her own right, but I've never heard her talk badly about any of her friends."

"Well, I really like your parents. I'm sure they've had a lot to do with it."

"They're cooler than most parents, that's for sure. The thing is, Jessica has ... changed over the summer."

"Really?"

Christine had always been perceptive. It sounded like she was aware that Jessica was going through something. I was impressed, but not surprised Christine had taken notice.

"Yeah. You know, she used to really give you three musketeers a hard time. She thought you, Mike and Sparks were just unpopular geeks. But since the pool party or shortly after, I haven't heard her and Mike get in an argument and you can't get her to say a bad word about you."

"What about Sparks?"

"None of us are sure he is right in the head."

I looked over at Sparks and Heather. They were completely into each other, ignoring everything around them.

"I dunno. Looks like Heather thinks he's okay."

"We're not convinced Heather is all there, either."

We both laughed at that, just as we stood for the playing of the Star Spangled Banner and the invocation.

During the first half, I got several smiles and a few winks from Christy. I sent back some air kisses and winks and was pretty stoked that I was dating a cheerleader, something I would have never anticipated, this time last year.

Our football team was pretty bad. Not all of it could be blamed on Bill Dolan's quarterback play as the offensive line just simply couldn't block. Bill spent much of the first half running for his life. Connersville wasn't any better, and the game of futility was in full swing. At the half, we had the lead 7-6 after Connersville failed to convert an extra point.

At halftime, Christine and her friends decided to wander around the stadium. Mike, Sparks and I headed to the concession stand to get snacks for us and the girls. As I approached the concession stand, I noticed a girl about 5'4" with long black hair and a light brown complexion at the end of one of the lines. I could recognize the profile anywhere. Signaling to Mike and Sparks, I headed over to the line behind her and I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Sammie."

Samantha turned around, clearly not expecting anyone to disturb her. She took a second to look at me before she recognized me. It was a look I had gotten used to the last few weeks, but with Samantha, the look was different. Although she knew who I was, her facial expression immediately changed to almost a look of contempt.

"Oh, hey, Phil."

I was so focused on seeing Sammie, taking time to see if she was with anyone hadn't really crossed my mind. Before Sammie turned back around to face forward, a guy much bigger than I was turned towards me, glaring.

"Who the fuck is this guy, Sammie?"

Sammie took a second to make introductions. "Tony, this is Phil. He's part of the family my mother works for. The other two nerds over there are Mike and Sparks."

Tony swept Samantha behind him. I quickly found myself going toe-to-toe with a guy who had to be at least 6'2" and 230 pounds. Along with other more pressing thoughts, I had to wonder why this guy didn't want to play football. If he had been out there the first half, I don't think Bill Dolan would have been limping to the locker room the way he had.

"Why the fuck are you bothering my girlfriend, asshole?"

I was trying to gain control of my emotions here. I didn't like being picked on and bullied, especially when I didn't think I had done anything wrong. I tried to clear my mind and focus on what my action would be if Tony decided to take this to another level. I figured I would at least attempt to be civil.

"I apologize, Tony. Sammie and I are friends, and I wanted to say 'hi' to her. I didn't know she had a boyfriend."

"You think because you have a little money, and can tell her mother what to do, you can do the same to Sammie?"

Where the fuck did that come from?

"Sammie and her mom are like family to us. Always will be."

"Just stay the fuck away from her. She doesn't need any friends or family of your type." As he was saying it, Tony tried to shove me away from him. I anticipated this and side-stepped to his left, grabbed his arm and used his momentum to throw him towards the ground. He quickly got up with bad intentions in his eyes and tried to take a swing at me.

One of the things I had noticed about big guys is they typically rely on upper body strength and brute force to win fights. Ken had taught me to use finesse and their aggressiveness against them. He also said in situations in which my opponent was much larger, it was to my advantage to end things as quickly as possible. The longer a larger opponent was capable of fighting, the better chance they would have to land a lucky punch, and change the momentum of the fight. In that situation, the legs would be their weakest part and they would be less likely to protect them than they would their torso and their head. If I successfully disabled a leg, the fight would essentially be over.

I knew Tony would throw the punch, so I wasn't all together unprepared, but he was quicker than I anticipated. I was ducking as he was punching, so he didn't land a solid punch, but the blow just above my left ear hurt just the same. While I was ducking, I was preparing a sweeping kick to the back of his left leg, which was holding most of his weight. His punch threw me off a bit, but I still landed the kick hard enough just above the knee to send him down again.

Before either of us could recover and square off again, Tom Baker stepped between us as Mike and Sparks wrapped me up. Both of us were ready to go again, but I'm sure Tony realized that the window had passed. The entire confrontation had taken less than fifteen seconds.

"Stay the fuck away from Sammie or you'll regret it!" Tony grabbed Samantha and headed away from the concession stand. She looked back at me with a look I couldn't really interpret. She looked pissed off, but also a little sad. I wasn't necessarily pissed with her, but I had the feeling that our friendship was over. I didn't know how much of what I saw I could relate to Maria, really. Other than let her know that Samantha had a dickhead for a boyfriend, there wasn't anything useful I could tell her.

Tom pulled me, Mike and Sparks aside, and asked us to explain what had happened. He seemed satisfied with the recap, but told me that I would need to let Mom know what had happened. Mike got a baggie of ice from the concession stand and I spent the next few minutes applying it to the little bit of swelling behind my left ear.

Christine was all over me when she and her friends returned from their walkabout. When Christy returned to her spot and saw me holding the baggie of ice to my head, she gave me a questioning look. I waved her off and let her know it was no big deal, but I'm sure I would be telling this story a few more times before this little bit of drama died away.

The second half of the game was not a lot better than the first, but our offense did manage to score a touchdown, and the defense added one of their own. Connersville also scored a defensive touchdown when Bill was sacked and fumbled. Both kickers managed to convert their extra points and the final went our way, 21-13. I saw Tony and Sammie leave in the middle of the fourth quarter.

I met Christy just outside the front gate, after the game was over. She, Jessica and Wendy walked together, with neither Wendy nor Jessica offering much more than a brief 'hello'.

"What the hell happened to you?" She was examining the left side of my head where there was still a little bit of swelling, but didn't really feel bad. I told her about the incident at the concession stand and what I had seen of Sammie. Christy and I had talked a bit about Sammie, so she knew what was going on. We finished the conversation just as Christy parked her car outside of the Malloy residence, the venue for tonight's party. Jamie Malloy was one of the other cheerleaders and her parents often threw parties after home football games. I had been to a couple of these the year before, but as an outsider, I hadn't found the parties to be any fun at all. Now, with a popular girlfriend, I felt like I belonged at the party, even if I didn't feel completely accepted.

Because the party was chaperoned, no alcohol was served, but was still a decent amount being smuggled in from the outside. Christy, Wendy and Jessica all got sodas from the kitchen, then quickly disappeared into the bathroom. A couple minutes later, they emerged and I could see Wendy putting a half-empty pint of vodka into her purse.

Bill Dolan was holding court in the living room, talking about the game and how he would be an all-conference quarterback, if he just had a better offensive line blocking for him. Three of the varsity cheerleaders were part of the group hanging on Bill's every word.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.