Rogue Magus
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2014 by TechnicDragon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Nominated Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2016 -- Jordan has gone missing and Seth is determined to find her. A number of issues block his path however: Deputy Lawson wants to arrest him, the Syndicate wants him dead, and other Magi are bent on taking his power for their own. Can Seth find Jordan and finally end the Lockdown?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Tit-Fucking   Size   Big Breasts   Public Sex   Slow   Violence  

After an hour of practicing gleaning information from Dana, Michael, and Greta, I learned that I could do it without passing out. In fact, it seemed for such a short connection I would only zone out for a second. If I fought zoning out, I felt like someone had thrown a small rock or pebble at my head.

After a second hour of practice, we agreed that I would either have to take the “hit” or zone out. It was going to take a lot more practice to get over those effects. “Each scenario will tell you which way to go,” Dana said. “Since there’s nothing else we can do about that today, I suggest we go over a few other things you’ll need to know for your meetings with the Houses.”

“Such as?” I asked.

“I’ve already visited the three primary Houses in Arlington. I’ve gotten to know the House Leaders and the various other things you need to know about them.”

I glanced at the others. “Then you’ve done most of the work for me,” I said.

She nodded. “I found out what you have to wear and what the Leaders are like,” she said. “But I never figured out which Magi would be most helpful to you. You’ll still have to do that.”

“But with your innate ability...” I started.

She shook her head, cutting me off. “I can control how much of my visions I remember. I cannot, however, control what I see. I cannot find out, for example, when you’ll find the missing women.”

I nodded. “Ah, okay. Then I’ll have to glean information from ... whom? Everyone?”

“Only until you find the right person,” she said.

“And how many members does each House have?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t have exact figures, but I would say in the ball park of about fifty to seventy each.”

I felt my eyes grow wide. “You have got to be kidding me,” I said. “I can’t glean information from that many people in one night.”

She glanced at Michael and Greta. “Have you lost your keys?”

I blinked at the sudden change in topic. “No, why?”

“You’ve helped look for someone’s keys before, right?” she asked.

I nodded. “Sure.”

“Okay, did you keep looking for their keys after they were found?” she asked.

I looked at Michael and Greta. They didn’t say anything, just gave me the same kind of look Dana was. “No. I didn’t. There wasn’t a point.”

“Which is my point,” Dana said. “Once you find the person you’re looking for, you don’t have to keep looking.”

I grinned through the feeling of being overwhelmed with the task. “Doesn’t a human resources person go through stacks of resumes, comparing them all until they find the best match?” I asked. “Wouldn’t I have to do the same thing, generally speaking?”

“Not necessarily,” she said. “You know what’s involved with the Lockdown already. So, you’ll be looking for those who know spell work that will help with that. For example,” she held out a hand to Michael and Greta. “You’ve just spent two hours gleaning information from them. What would you say they would help with?”

I nodded at Michael. “If someone needed to know spell work that compliments tactical and weapons knowledge, they would need Michael’s help.” He nodded back and then I looked at Greta. “If they needed to know hand-to-hand and spell work that compliments that, then Greta would be a phenomenal choice.” Then I looked at Dana and shook my head. “But I’m not entirely sure what kind of spell work I’ll need to resolve the Lockdown. So far, everyone I’ve talked to says they don’t understand how the Lockdown works much less how to dispel it.”

“That is true, because they cannot use their powers to figure it out,” Dana said. “Magic is funny that way. However, there are other ways of figuring out what is going on.” She looked at me with a thoughtful expression. “Didn’t you find out how the Lockdown works right after the incident with Emma?”

I recalled what she was talking about and nodded. “Sheriff Dalton and Jordan explained that it was a siphoning spell,” I said. “They also said those kinds of spells are extraordinarily difficult to dispel.”

“Then you need to find someone who knows all the ins and outs of siphoning spells,” she said. “What else have you learned?”

I shook my head. “I’ve attempted to gain more insight from the spell directly, but all I get are impressions. Whatever I’m doing, I’m doing it wrong. At least, according to Tanner I am.”

“Then the next person you find should be good at deciphering spells. What else?”

I shook my head. “About the Lockdown itself, I don’t know anything else. However, if I knew how to trace my bond with Jordan, I could find the missing women. Maybe I could do something about the Lockdown from that end.”

She nodded and smiled. “Then the third person you need is someone who knows how to trace bonds over long distances.”

“But, what if all this spell work I learn doesn’t help?” I asked.

“You won’t know until you try,” Dana said. “Using Magic is no different than any other form of science. We’re just using something that Science cannot explain.”

“And before I can try, I have to find these people first. Which means visiting these Houses.” I had a thought. “Why not try to find individuals? Someone not associated with a House?”

“First, the Houses are homes to a number of Magi. It’s like going to your favorite video store to rent a movie rather than the local corner store. The corner store may be cheaper, but you’ve got a better chance of finding what you’re looking for in the video store.

“Second, most individuals don’t want to be connected to a House. Their reasons vary, but you’re more likely to find someone willing to be your Stirpe at a House than going door-to-door.”

“Okay, then tell me about these Houses.”

“Well, for today, I’m going to suggest only visiting one House. You can visit the others tomorrow.”

“Why only one today?”

“Most Magi, like yourself, go to stay with a Fonte at night. Even with the Lockdown in effect, all Magi in the area still have to recharge.”

“Wouldn’t most Magi also be gone to work during the day too?” I asked.

“Some, but you’d be surprised how many work from home,” she said.

“So, only one for tonight because after that there’ll be fewer Magi to meet and it’ll lower my chances of finding the Magus I need.”

“Exactly.”

I nodded. “Then which house?”

“I’m going to suggest House Volantis,” she said. “It is the Northern-most House in the City and the furthest away from where you live.”

“Why start with the furthest away?”

“Your influence as House Lord will affect them the least,” she said. “Which will help since Lord Fanelli doesn’t like change.”

“Oh, then I should be very welcome in his House,” I said.

“He is upset with the Lockdown,” she said, “but he will still be reluctant to give you one of his members. The fact that you’ll be there with a plan to end the Lockdown will help to convince him to agree to your needs.”

I glanced at each of them and shook my head. “Tanner said I shouldn’t let on about my inexperience, especially now that I’m a Padrone.”

“Seth, you have to remember, first and foremost, that you are the only one who can end the Lockdown. Each of us have far more experience with Magic than you, but we cannot do it. The same goes for Fanelli and everyone in his House.”

I looked at Dana. “Wait,” I nodded at Michael. “He had me summon Emma to me to prove that I was a Padrone this morning. When she showed up, she told me something that I forgot about until just now.” I met Dana’s eyes. “She can use her power under the Lockdown. My theory is that because the Power is actually mine, she can cast without the Lockdown siphoning away the energy.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.