Maja's Mom
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2014 by Danny January

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Danny teaches junior high. As he starts another school year, he connects with Maja's mom. Mom is beautiful and she's going through a tough time. Danny helps out and a relationship develops. This is a simple romance. The action is minor but essential to the story.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction  

Tuesday, August 12th - First day of School

"Time. Pencils down." I checked the room for anyone still trying to write. "Jessica, pencil down, please." She was scribbling fiercely, trying to beat a timer that had already rung.

"I'm just putting my name on my paper," she said as she continued to write.

"Putting your name on your paper were my first instructions. Everyone else wrote their name before they did anything else. Please write minus five next to your name." She slumped, wrote minus five and put her pencil down, this class's example of how to not follow instructions. Everyone else had the look of relief.

"Show of hands. How many of you think you earned more than 90% on this test?" No hands went up and I motioned for them to pass their papers forward. "80%?" No hands went up as I began to collect them. "This does not bode well for you. 70?" And a few hands went up, slowly. "I've been over last year's curriculum with Ms. Kearney. If this test looked familiar, it should. It is last year's final exam. She showed me your grades and now I've seen what confidence you have in your performance. Why do you think she gave you a final exam last year?" No hands. This was normal. I wanted them to earn confidence rather than have it thrust upon them.

"Well then, why are you here this year?" I asked this in a tone that said I really wanted to know. The test was over. I had collected their papers and was casually walking the room. I wanted conversation. One hand, slowly. "Yes? Andrew."

"To learn." Brave Andrew. It counts for something. A little. Especially on the first day.

"Why? Why are you here to learn? Why bother?" They thought this was either a trick question or one they would get wrong. Silence. "This is not a rhetorical question." I paused. I was using a voice that was intentionally conversational. Kind. Non-judgmental. "Look, if you don't know why you're here, then why would you be motivated to do well? Why should I be motivated to teach you well? Let's look to the future. Let's assume you graduate from high school and then get a job. Why would you get a job?" Lots of hands. This was easy. "Erica."

"To earn money," with conviction. Give me an easy question and I'll look good with the answer.

"Yes. Good. Why? Why do you want money? Why bother with that?" I nodded at Erica. Follow up, girl. A little confidence goes a long way. Build on it, please.

"To pay bills." She said, with a little less conviction and a bit of a question.

"That's right, to pay bills." Looks of disappointment. What? That can't be right. Somehow it now sounded stupid.

"Let's talk this through. What do you want to be? Who do you want to be? What kind of life do you want when you're 25, 45, 60? Do you want to make a lot of money so that when you die they can put a fancy headstone on your grave?" That brought a laugh but not a loud one. I had just asked them the meaning of life and no one had ever done that before. I let them think for a bit. I sat on a stool at the front, relaxing and waiting. "There's a connection between Ms. Kearney's final, the test you just took and the meaning of life. Someone put it together and enlighten the rest of us." Long silence. Finally, Sam raised his hand. The only one. "Sam. Give it your best shot."

"Ms. Kearney gave us a final so she could know how we did in her class. She made that test count for a lot, a way lot of points. I think she wanted us to think it was super important. And then you tested us again to see if we remembered anything or if we were just studying to pass her test." Good answer. I'd seen Sam really working this over, chewing his lip, furrowed brow, before trying it out.

"You're on a roll, Sam. Keep going."

Encouraged but still a bit tentative he said, "So, then you're talking to us now to tell us she was right and that it is important but we didn't think so or we would have done better to remember it better."

"Spot on so far, Sam. So, big finish. How does that relate to a career, paying bills, a nice headstone and the meaning of life?"

"Maybe the better we do in school, the better we can do to maybe get into college or something." There was more but he wasn't comfortable enough to go for it.

"Good, so far. Who wants to go to college?" About three quarters raised their hand and then a few more when those remaining realized they were in the minority. "Why? Do you guys like school." Chorus of "no's". "I didn't think so. So why are you going through this hell on earth so that you can get into college and go through a more expensive hell?" The teacher said "hell", twice. Silence, and then a hand. "Back to Jessica. Why do you want to do well in school so you can go to college, a place you really don't want to go to?"

"I want to be a vet and you have to go to college to be a vet?" A purpose in life. The first. There would be more. I could work with that.

"That's good. Why do you want to be a vet?"

"I like animals. I want to take care of 'em. Fix 'em up and stuff."

"OK. Let me help you out a bit here. Confucius said, 'Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.' What did he mean by that? Wait. First, was he right?" Lots of head nods. Good. "So what does that mean? Franklin, you've been mighty quiet back there. You have a thought on this?" He was almost begging to be asked but too timid to volunteer.

"You want us to figure out what our goals are but I don't think you want to come out and tell us that because we're supposed to figure that part out for ourselves. A good goal is going to do something good, not just pay bills. It would suck to work just to pay bills. Sorry. Can I say that?" I nodded. "So, maybe we want to do good stuff or fun stuff or make the world better or something but we have to work to do it. If we like, get crappy jobs we can maybe pay the bills but not do good stuff or have fun unless it's the weekend or vacation or something."

"Not bad, Franklin. That's a good start. Anyone want to run with that?" A couple of kids were starting to sit up straighter in their chairs, preparing to get more involved. "Linus?"

"My dad says we need to have to leave this place better when we leave than when we got here, like camping. Pack it in, pack it out, you know? He says I can find a job that pays just as much for doing something that I want to do as a job I don't want to do so I may as well find one I do want to do. Then I can make stuff better. He says the secret to a happy life is gratitude and not enough people are thankful for what they already have." All this in a big rush as though if he slowed down some might leak out before he could say it all. But he got it all out.

"That's pretty good, Linus. Do you think your dad's right?"

"Yes, sir."

"Alright, what does your dad do?"

"He puts in air conditioners and heaters and sometimes water heaters and stuff."

"Does your dad think he's making the world a better place?" I was hoping for a good answer.

"Yeah. He says he is. He says he helps hot people cool off and cold people warm up and you can't do much better than that. He says when he gets done fixing an air conditioner in the summer people always smile and that's a big deal." Not bad, Linus. Not bad, Linus's dad.

"Linus, that's a great answer. You don't have to be a doctor or lawyer to make a difference. Anyone seen "Dirty Jobs?" Every hand went up and they went up quickly. "Some pretty sucky jobs, huh. If you're doing what some people think is a sucky job, you need to know that you're doing it to do more than just pay the bills. Otherwise, you're going to have a sucky life. Make sense?" Lots of nods but not sure where I'm going with this.

"How many people think Jessica's going to be a vet in 10 years?" All hands.

"Really? I'm going to pick on you Jessica. Is that ok?" She nodded, not really sure what she was agreeing to and I continued. "Let's look at what's involved. Jessica has to finish Jr. Hi, and high school and she'll need to have some good grades. Then four years of college and then veterinarian school. If you add that up she has about 14 years of school to go. If she goes to Clemson..." Then directly to Jessica, "That's purple and orange you're wearing so Clemson is it, right?" She nodded. "At the end of that Jessica will be lucky to have less than $100,000 in college tuition to pay. That's a lot of time and money. Jessica, you're 12 now. How many times have you changed your mind about this so far?" Reality sets in. Not so sure and then a new hand. "Maja?" She pronounced her name "MAya" and it was Swedish or Norwegian, maybe Danish.

"I don't think any of us know what we'll really do. Since we don't know, I mean, I don't know. I should do good in all my classes just in case. Unless it's French." Everyone laughed at that. There's no way you might need French as an adult, I guess. This was a big deal for a shy new kid. Not bad.

"That's time, guys. I'll grade these tonight and get them back to you tomorrow. Don't forget, homework is on the board. Homework the first night? Yup. Start strong, finish strong. How many people think I'm serious?" I motioned for them to scoot and they gathered their book bags, water bottles and jackets and headed for the door. End of the first day.

And that's how it starts. They show up ready for school, thinking 7th grade will be like 6th since 6th was so much like 5th. It's not. Up until then they had been learning what they needed to learn for that grade and that was enough. When they get to my class it all changes. They aren't in middle school. I hate that term, 'middle', meaning in between more important things. Hate it. They are in Jr. High. They are in a period of preparation for bigger things. This is the age they can start to look ahead, to see possibility for their lives outside school. They can begin to dream, real, honest dreams about the future. Little boys become young men and little girls put away their Barbie dolls. I loved being a part of it.

Tough first day and a reality check for my kids. I point toward a bigger picture and get them to consider what may come down the road. The future, the future, the future. I did my best to point them and motivate them. To be ready for the uncertain future. During the first couple of weeks, I assessed 45 new 7th grade students and a half dozen 8th grade transfers. Learning modality, vision, hearing, Myers-Briggs, their personality temperament – I tested those along with their basic understanding of science principles and their foundational knowledge of history. I formed them into groups, roughly evenly matched. They would have to turn those groups into teams. We talked about challenges and goals and problem solving. We talked about team building and interpersonal skills. I challenged them to challenge me. If they ever asked me the question, "So what?" and I didn't have a good and ready answer we'd move on to the next subject. I treated them like young adults and they respond.

My classroom was large enough to comfortably hold 30 students but I rarely had more than 25. Since this classroom was also the science lab it was even bigger. Big enough to have a large worktable for a sink, Bunsen burners and more. It was equipped for learning. It was equipped for discovery. The only thing I didn't like about my classroom was that it was a temporary modular building and had no covered walkway to any other building. When it rained, you had better have a good umbrella or plan to get wet.

Thursday, August 14th - Open House

I had a love hate relationship with open house. It was good to meet the parents but there were a few who thought if they came for that, shook my hand and feigned interest, they could leave the teaching and the parenting to me for the rest of the year. It took yeoman's work to beat that sentiment. But I did enjoy meeting the parents before conferences. I prepared by putting the curriculum for each class on bulletin boards that illustrated what they'd be learning. Pictures of last year's science fair, rocket launch expedition and dissection lab drew the most interest. Medieval Europe had been the least interesting until the class built a miniature trebuchet a few years ago. Dad's loved that. I loved it. This year – bigger. Big enough to launch a watermelon. An open schedule for parent/teacher conferences waited for them to sign up and a stack of my business cards was next to the door, don't forget, please. Mr. Available, that's me.

Andrew Pierce's parents were just like Andrew, a bit goofy but likeable. Linus Templeton's mom made it but his dad didn't. I wasn't at all surprised to find that she was a high school music teacher. The Delmonico's were pleased that I would be teaching their twins, a first for me. We talked a bit about their ability to fool previous teachers. I let them know it wouldn't be a problem. They were doubtful. I told them Jenny's voice was a tad higher and she tended to wring her hands when she talked. Jasmine had a tiny scar on her left hand and she crinkled her nose when she asked questions. They were surprised that I had picked up on those so quickly. Give me a week and I'll have a list.

I had met Allen Franklin before and was glad to have the first of his three sons in my class. We both studied at the same martial arts school. Allen had been on the Jujitsu path for a year. I'd been down that path for almost five years, then added some of Wally Jay's small circle jujitsu and then moved over to the Krav Maga side. A bit of that and I planned to go down the Aikido path. Every discipline required you to go down a different path but they can all lead to the same destination. So said our instructor. We were happy to have that shared background. The Krupps were happy to have me as their daughter Maria's teacher. After attending the school for four years, they put Maria in a different school for one year because they didn't like the 6th grade teacher and now they were back. I didn't blame them.

Linette Simpson was there to greet me as she had for the last three years. Her second daughter was entering 8th grade and she really didn't need to be there. Except Linette Simpson's husband went on business trips that typically lasted three weeks and she wanted to stop in to remind me of that and that she had very nice boobs. She stood very close so that I could take full advantage of her scoop neck blouse and wonderful cleavage. She had a necklace that hung precariously deep in that chasm and I think it had words on it like "come and get it". I hadn't gone to get it for the last three years and I wasn't going to get it this year either but I enjoyed the temptation. Linette Simpson was a nice woman with three nice daughters and I wished her husband would get a stay at home job. Still, she had very nice boobs.

Open house runs from 7 to 8:30 and it tends to wind down after 8. By 8:15 I was finding the time to straighten up as the last few parents looked at the bulletin boards. My last parent showed with 10 minutes left. Ms. Lundquist stepped through the door and I stopped to greet her. She wore a scarf that covered her hair, if she had any. I thought perhaps she had been battling cancer and was covering the results of chemo. A bulky coat and another scarf covered the rest of her. I thought this must be what celebrities do when they need to go unnoticed. I like to note what my kids and their parents have in common physically but she didn't make it easy for me to match her to her daughter, Maja. She was cautious and took it all in very quickly, almost as though she'd been briefed on what to expect. Maybe she had. She spoke in a voice just above a whisper and asked me about privacy and security. I invited her to our pizza party and to sign up for a parent/teacher conference. Normally, I am able to glean more from parents than they are from me but not that night. Not with her. She thanked me for my time and was gone. Total time – about five minutes. By far the fastest parent of the night. But the slight scent of her perfume lingered long after she left.

Friday, August 22th – Pizza Party

Every year I reserve the banquet room of a local pizza parlor and invite parents to come together for an evening without kids. It's always well attended and I try to set the tone for the year. I assure them that the teenage years, adolescence and puberty do not make their children little monsters – it only seems that way. I give them my plan and expectations for the year. I put an enlarged map of the area on the wall and invited them to number it and put their name and number on it if they wanted to share with others. A chance to meet the other parents and realize we could form a network to help each other. Everyone seems to do better when they feel like they're part of a team. The side benefit of meeting parents in that environment is that we talk about other things besides kids. The pizza dinner is how I met my mechanic, electrician, and plumber. It's also when I was offered some free mountain retreat time, some air miles, and free tickets to Riverdogs games. Denny M. owns the pizza parlor and I've become his favorite customer. All these new people every year? He puts out a great buffet and gets a lot of new business because of it. The Pizza dinner is a winner for everyone. I finish by encouraging those who haven't already signed up for parent/teacher conferences to do so. I post a schedule on line and they sign up when they want. Takes about a month but it's a good method.

Monday, August 25th – Thursday, September 17th – The In Between

After the pizza party, we settle into a smooth routine. The parents know who I am and what to expect. The kids already know what to expect and they learn something new; their parents and I are on the same team. The adults won't be played. It sucks the resistance right out of them and they settle down to business. One conversation with a parent went like this:

"Hi Danny. Sarah wants to go to the movies and she says she got an 'A' on her history test. If she did, I'll let her go. Do you remember what she got?"

"Let me check. I don't think she did. Hang on. No. She got a 'C+'. Sorry."

"That's what I thought. She didn't study much. No movie tonight. Thanks so much."

And word gets out. Parents share stories too, especially when they are on the same team.

In 7th grade science, we work through the kingdoms and the life of a cell. In 8th grade we start with the cosmos and work our way in. I had planned for some of the local college kids to bring telescopes for a night on the galaxy but persistent cloud cover nixed that. In 7th grade history, Italian sailors get discovered by Native Americans and in 8th grade, Cyrus dominates the Fertile Crescent. As my students learn the material, they also learn they can do so much more than they thought. They learn to write by doing and by critiquing each other. Teamwork, cooperation, mutual respect. And they don't just do better, they do it more efficiently. I teach them how to make the most of their time and they like that.

In the afternoons and sometimes evenings, I met with parents. I like to find out some of their background and what kind of hours they keep. This lets me know how much flexibility and commitment they have in helping their child. It's not unusual to find there are single parents who work full time and still come up with $800 a month for their kid to go to a private school. Commitment to their education isn't the issue. The time they have available to provide help to their kid is. However, I can help them with that. They shared their concerns and challenges and I took notes. The advice I offered was gratefully accepted. For many of them I was the first male teacher they'd dealt with. It was different and most liked it. Most recognized their kids needed that. I did have skeptics but that's to be expected. I knew that over the year I would win over many of them. Some skeptics don't become fans until their kids get to high school and they realize how well I had prepared them. They are a special kind of grateful.

This is also the time of year that I get my personal schedule on track. Everything changes. As the days get shorter my opportunity for long runs or bike rides shifts to the weekends. I don't mind that so much. What I really miss are the morning stand-up paddle board (SUP) workouts. I continue for as long as the weather will let me. While I give those up, gradually, I step up the pace at the martial arts studio I've been attending for years. I spend a couple nights a week teaching Krav Maga and studying Jujitsu. While Krav Maga is effective it's also a sloppy, brute force sort of art, lacking in finesse. A switch to Aikido was long overdue. To keep fit I lift as well. So summers tend toward aerobics, winters tend toward strength and technique. It's a good combination and I like the people at the studio. It sucks to get thrown around by people you don't like.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.