Endings and Beginnings - Cover

Endings and Beginnings

Copyright© 2014 by DormDad

Chapter 3: The Tribunal

Scene: The outside of a military complex where a reporter is giving a summary of the events to date.

The military usually takes care of their own. This means that there is a special unit to prosecute and punish offenders who are in the military. When the scientist that set off the drastic changes that the world has been experiencing we wondered how the situation would be dealt with. The scientist whose name we do not have, while under the authority of the Military conducted and experimented upon us all. He launched into our atmosphere a change by using an altering agent that has yet to be understood by those around him. It has been leaked that the scientist was the director of the project. He was there for many years and never seemed at anytime unstable. Yet today we are faced with the horrendous actions that have essentially erased a portion of the race of man. Those of Middle Eastern descent came down with the pandemic influenza that we all seemed to have. Their outcome though was very much different. They died. It has been determined that if there was twenty-five percent of Middle Eastern DNA in a person that person was targeted. The question now is what is the result of those of who remain? How will that virus affect us? Do we have to worry that the virus would mutate and that we as a race will cease to exist? These questions and more are been explored in the tribunal of the

"Executioner of the Middle Eastern Peoples".

The doctor continues to tell his story to the reporters:

I had been bound and gagged. I had no one to blame for what had occurred. I actually was surprised that it took as long as it did for them to find and capture me. I did nothing to try to stop them. I had the means to stop anything that I wanted. That was not in my plan. I had Ebola, Super strains of chicken pox and Measles; I had Ricin and other pathogens on my island. I was not targeting my own. I was targeting those who had killed my parents. Harbored the terrorists and allowed them to do what they did on 9/11/2001. I walked along with the chatter of the reporters in the background like a sing-song of night bugs behind me. I ignored them all. The gag prevented them from photographing my face and the manacles and handcuffs drug me down to near the point where I could no longer walk. I had a tall Marine on each side of me giving me assistance in moving forward. I was not built physically strong, on the contrary I was a "nerd". A nerd who had taken out his revenge! The walls of the facility loomed cavernously before me. The walls were of heavy concrete. I imagine some sort of hardened stuff that would not allow penetration of heavy weapons. I did not care. My task was finished. I had run the race and while I had not finished first, I had completed all of my work. Those responsible having been taking care of and the rest of humanity would now be the recipients of my last gift. I dared not tell them of that though yet. I would hold it until it was too late and the pattern was set. I thought that I had enough time to whatever my fate would be to make it unstoppable.

The cell was dry and heated to an uncomfortable 75 degrees. I was used to higher heat in my labs. I had to cultivate and use various chemical agents that did not respond well to lower temperatures.

I was startled to see a navy woman sitting at a bare table inside a very small room. There were two plain chairs. These were the kind that were nearly impossible to break, but if a certain sound entered the area became a pool of goo. This was used to prevent any item from becoming a possible weapon. The men and women in this prison were among the most hardened to adversity and were either awaiting trial or sentence. The room was small and lined with mirror-type surfaces that undoubtedly held video recording devices. I sat and the guard placed my chains into a receiver that matched a link on my cuffs and I was suddenly unable to move my arms more than 3 inches from that spot. My feet were similarly held. What they were afraid of now was beyond me. I had done all that I was going to do. The navy women introduced herself as Commander Alexandra Savage United States Judge Advocate General's office. She was appointed to by my representative.

"Hello sir, for the record may I have your name?" Her voice was light and seemingly friendly.

I did not answer her. I sat looking straight at her with no expression on my face.

Sir, I need this information to assist in your case. Again, what is your name?

I did tell her," I am sorry Commander you already know who I am, it is in your briefing materials so let's get along with what you have come here to do; ok?"

She tried for another 10 to 15 minutes with the same results. She quickly looked over her left shoulder at a portion of the mirrored glass. I guessed that this is where the cameras or the high brass was located. This was good to know information.

She abruptly stood and taking her briefcase left the room. The door slid aside for her just as she reached it. It was obvious that we were under very tight surveillance.

I sat alone for about 30 minutes and then entered a large man who was just as bald as I was. The difference is that he was tall and thin with muscles on his muscles. His skin was so dark colored that I could nearly see myself in it. His face was showing signs of stress. His eye brows were drawn together and his hands were nearly held in a fist-like pose. All signs that he must have been listening in. His mufti or on duty military uniform was razor sharp. His cover had been tucked under his huge arm. His whole demeanor spoke volumes that this was a man who you did not wish to cross. The silver eagle on his shoulders said that his rank was a colonel. I seemed to remember that he was someone who I had met previously. His voice growled out like metal plates grating one on the other. This was a voice used to giving commands at volume and then expecting instant response to those orders. My memory told me that I recalled his boards having stars and not an eagle on it.

"I am Colonel Can, Do you remember me doctor?"

"Yes, Colonel I do remember you, but weren't you higher in rank the last time we met?" I responded to him.

He seemed taken aback at this straight forward response.

"Yes, you are correct; I was a Brigadier General then. I was reduced in rank when your weapon went off. I should have kept more controls on the island and especially you it would seem. You will have your lab back doctor, but only to reverse the effects of those whom you have so greatly wronged."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.