Seasonal Daughters - Cover

Seasonal Daughters

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 15

Everything was ready. It's Saturday. Mother Munroe is taking the ladies to the church to dress. All I had to do was show up. Our bags were packed and in the trunk. My clothes were laid out. After the rehearsal, the only mystery was my girls' gowns for the day. Laura had not let me see anything and the girls had supported her fully.

I stopped to pray. I thanked God for Jen and her wisdom and for His grace in bringing Laura into my life. I asked Him to bless our wedding and life together. I dressed and drove to the church. I quickly realized that our small wedding had grown!

My family was there, both my relatives and our church ones. Many students were there for my daughters. They brought their parents. Teachers were there for Laura and there was a large contingent from my company.

Pastor George took me around to the back to wait at the altar. We stopped to pray before entering the church and standing at the altar rail. I faced out and was in shock! The church was full! I could feel the expectant air. Tommy then escorted Marijane to her seat. My brother escorted our mother followed by my father. Tommy then brought a beaming Mother Munroe to her seat next to Marijane. Both gave me a covert "thumbs up."

My brother then escorted my younger daughter down. She was beautiful. She was wearing a white sheath gown with a large bright, royal blue veil. She looked very grown and regal like the princess I felt she is.

Next was Tommy with April. April's gown was also the same white sheath with a bright, leaf green veil. They made a fantastic couple with their height allowing them to look older than their thirteen years!

I could feel tears already flowing down my cheeks as George formally motioned for all to stand as Ralph escorted my bride down the aisle. Laura was wearing a white sheath gown with a white veil. I heard a collective sigh of "wow" as she made her way to me. We went through the vows and Communion. George pronounced us man and wife. I took this beauty who I had come to love and cherish so in my arms as I kissed her to loud applause. I later heard it was led by Mother Munroe.

After we recessed, we went to the reception and formed a line with my parents and Mother Munroe in the line. Robert came down the line with Momma Rosa on one arm and a quietly beautiful woman on his other. Jeanette was introduced as his wife and Tommy's mother. I was kissed and hugged many times. We finally went in to enjoy the reception and talk.

The beauty of the bride and her two young attendants was on everyone's lips. I overheard one guest, a teacher, say to a member of our Sunday school class that she didn't think the bride had ever been married but that the tall attendant looked so much like her.

April came up to them smiling. "My new mother has me by marriage and love now. She will be a wonderful wife to Dad and a wonderful mother to my sister and me. We're very happy."

We had recorded music for background. It was turned up to allow me to dance with my new wife and each of my daughters. Tommy danced with all three and did a creditable job. I danced with my mother, Mother Munroe, and Momma Rosa. She also danced with her grandson. We cut the cake and gently fed each other. A few minutes later, Laura and the girls vanished to reappear having changed clothes. The girls looked great in normal dresses while Laura came out in white slacks and a short sleeve suit covering a blouse that matched my tie. She wowed them all again.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.