Seasonal Daughters - Cover

Seasonal Daughters

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 9

We woke up together in the morning. I sent the girls to their bathroom and Laura to mine. I went downstairs to start coffee and fiddle around. When it was ready, I took two cups upstairs. I came to my bedroom and knocked. I heard Laura say, "Come in, Paul."

I entered and saw her pull her panties on. I was in love with the woman inside but sure did like the outside packaging! I thought for a second and realized I should say something. I walked to her and gave her a soft kiss and put her coffee on the dresser close her clothing. "I love you, Laura. However, I think the wrapping is fantastic, too." I smiled. She smiled back.

I went into the bathroom and performed my usual morning efforts. Once outside, Laura was finished dressing and looked great. "Should I check on the girls?"

"Just to verify. They have good sense. I haven't had to dress or correct either one for some time."

We went downstairs and had a light breakfast before leaving for Sunday school and church. Sunday school was delightful. Laura's presence a second Sunday in a row caught everyone's attention. The fact that we were holding hands generated smiles.

Rich was teaching this morning and demonstrated his knowledge of Mark well. We finished the second chapter. He took and answered questions as he went. When the class was complete, Rich called Laura to the front. She pulled me with her by not letting my hand loose. "Is this going to be a package deal?"

Laura said, "I hope so. I like having him around." She smiled at me.

"April told me that you are formally joining us this morning. I want to be the first to offer you my hand in Christian fellowship." He shook her hand. "Let us pray." He prayed for the service and thanked God for bringing Laura to our church and our class.

Everyone joined in when he said, amen. I took a step back but remained close as she was greeted and hugged by men and women. Marijane said quietly, "We are so glad to see you with Paul. May you both be happy."

I extracted Laura to go to meet with Pastor George. April and May were there with him. All three were smiling. George said, "April and May have been talking to me. You seem to understand what you will be doing and have been able to explain it to them. Do you have any questions of me?"

"I don't think so. We will come up together. I will need to kneel at the altar rail. Then, we will return and sit down."

"That is correct. You will also return to the altar at the end of the service to be greeted. Your sponsors will be with you at all times." He smiled at her. We went into the sanctuary and found seats. The service began and soon Pastor George called. "Would Laura Watson and her sponsors please come forward."

We came forward and Laura knelt and was baptized. Pastor George then led her through the membership vows. He announced that, in addition to being her baptismal sponsors, we would be her fellowship friends. He was ready to send us back to our seats. I said, "While we are up here, there is one more bit of kneeling to do." I went to one knee. "Laura, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

She screamed a loud "yes" and pulled me to my feet and embraced me. April and May hugged us both. As we went back to our pew, April pumped her fist in the air and pronounced, "Yes!" Her loud whisper carried through the entire sanctuary. May was holding Laura's hand and smiling broadly. Suddenly, applause broke out. Pastor George said as it quieted. "This has truly been a joyous morning. At the end of the service, please come greet the newest member of this family and of our church."

He went back to the pulpit area and the choir director announced a hymn. We sang, prayed, and listened through the service. The girls were on each side of Laura holding her hands. I had my arm over May touching Laura gently on the shoulder.

At the end of the service, George called us to the front and prayed for us again. The final hymn was started and he went to the back.

After giving the benediction, people came forward before leaving the church. I let April and May flank Laura as they proudly introduced her to people. Many came up to me and congratulated me on winning her hand. It was a joyous event and went on for a while. Finally, the sanctuary was almost empty. George came from the back to say, "This was truly a blessed time. Girls, you are already calling her, "Mommy?"

May said, "Yes, we love her as much as we love our mommy in heaven."

April said, "We are happy for us, for our father, and for mom. It will be good."

Pastor George said, "I believe so. I really believe so." He looked at Laura and me. "I want you to join in our membership class later. I also counsel with couples that I marry. We can set all that up later. Enjoy your day." He smiled and left the sanctuary. We left for our car and lunch.

We enjoyed our lunch with much laughing and caressing. April and May were entranced watching us. At one point, April said with a disbelieving note to her voice, "Mom, you love to be touched by Dad."

Laura looked surprised for a moment. "Yes, I do love his touch and love to touch him, too. It feels right to respond to his touches that way and to enjoy touching him." She smiled dreamily. The meal was finally over and we got in the car. I didn't drive home but headed for the mall. May said, "Why are we going here? We were here yesterday."

I responded. "I know but there is something here that is needed." We all got out of the car and entered the mall. I walked into the first jewelry store situated close to the entrance. I had bought things for Jen and the girls there over the years and found the quality good. I said, "We would like to look at engagement sets, please."

We looked at rings with matching bands until, after the fourth one, Laura said, "That's the one." The young man handed it to me to place on Laura's finger. It fit! She looked at me, her eyes shining with excitement. We tried the wedding bands and they fit also.

I said, "Those will be the ones. Do you have any similar princess rings for our daughters?"

"I believe we do. Come this way." He put our bands and the engagement ring in a box and walked us ten feet to another counter. He found two rings that matched each other and were very similar to Laura's engagement ring. He pulled them out and Laura put a ring on April and another on May. Those fit! I said, "I'll take them all." I pulled the engagement ring from the box and slid it on Laura's finger. These, we'll wear, The others will remain boxed for a little while." I went with him to a register and made the purchase. When finished, he said, Congratulations, she is a beautiful woman. Are the children yours or hers?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.