The Candidate
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2014 by Eagleye

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 7 - Evolving story of a rich man and a worthy candidate for US Senate. Event-driven, rather than character-driven. Sex will come in the sequel.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Well, the debate didn't happen, which was probably just as well, since we had so much on our hands with the rallies. The incumbent refused to participate, egotistically thinking he had a lock on re-election, even though his numbers at slipped so much, and it wasn't worth the effort to just debate the independent, though there was the thought that it might be worth it just to take him down a few pegs in case he ended up getting enough votes to split the ticket. The public broadcast network wasn't very cooperative, either. I talked it over with Rob and Barbara, and they agreed it was better to concentrate our energies on the rallies.

Indeed, both bands were available and anxious to help. Leave it to rock bands to lean to the left! Rob had booked the Convention Center in Doverton and the State Theatre in Orient, which sat 3,500. The Convention Center would hold over 5,000. We invited every media source we could scrounge, and also decided to make both concerts live on the Internet. They were free attendance, first-come, first-served. Rob was able to secure large outdoor screens to be outside each venue for those who couldn't get in, so we didn't have a riot on our hands. The state party was able to buy a small amount of print and radio advertising of the concerts. I was confident this would put a big dent in the youth vote for us. Fortunately, in our state, you could register at the polls on the day of the election, and we would be pushing that point in Barbara's speech at each rally.

I talked with both the band leaders and gave them some suggestions on songs that would have a big impact, and they both thought they were excellent ideas. I do love my rock n roll!

The events were scheduled on Saturday in Doverton, and Sunday in Orient, before the Tuesday election. Saturday night, Barbara, Rob and I drove to the Convention Center and were amazed to see the place was full and there were another 1,000 or so standing outside having tailgate parties and otherwise getting ready for the festivities. At 2000 hours, the Blue Jays took the stage and immediately launched into an energy-charged rendition of 'We are the Champions.' They then segued into 'Don't Stop Me Now, ' which had the audience on their feet and screaming. I thought that both songs by Queen were appropriate for Barbara! The band then launched into Sting's 'Mad About You, ' and quickly followed with 'If I Ever Lose My Faith In You, ' which charged up the audience even more.

As they closed that song, Barbara strode onto stage in a gorgeous long sleek gown and took the microphone, hit with two spotlights. Wow, did she look fine! Sensual without being overly sexy, though I thought she would look sexy in 'Can't Bust ÔEm' overalls.

'My dear friends!' she yelled. The audience screamed back, 'Go Get Ôem, Barbara!'

'Thank you so much for coming here tonight! I'm Barbara Roberts and I'm running for the US Senate. You will make the difference in this election! You all will be the deciding vote! I pledge my support to the citizens of this great state! I ask only that you pledge your support to me on election night! But whoever you vote for, be sure to VOTE! If you're not already registered, you can register at your voting station. It's time we took back the politics of this state from do-nothings and give it to the do-somethings! I'm committed to action, to the progress of our people, to you! We'll win this! With your help, we can start a new day for our beloved land. Get the word out before Tuesday. Tweet, twitter, Facebook, and if you're using those wonderful IPhones or whatever, U-Tube me! Let me go viral! I love you! Now back to this wonderful band, and their wonderful music! Thank you so much!'

Brief and to the point, just enough to get the message across, not lose the momentum of the concert, enough to engage the audience in her campaign, then a graceful exit, and it was indeed graceful with just a little swish of the hips. She now knew how to sell herself, and she did it well.

The band then went through another fifteen or so songs, got a roaring ovation at the end, had to do three encores, and we were done.

Sunday in Orient went much the same way. Different play list, but equally rousing, and we all went away happy with the results. It only cost me a $250,000 check to the state party. Such is life.

Monday we only had one event scheduled, a local talk show in Doverton that had their guest bail. We had contacted them earlier about an appearance, but were shut down. Now they opened up, and called Barbara's campaign office Monday morning asking if she was available. Well, hell's bells, of course she was! So just before noon, we showed up at WRKZ.

This host was noted for being a bit acerbic, and immediately launched in.

'Hello! This is Fancy Dan Brady with the Nooner. I'm here with Barbara Roberts, the Democratic candidate for the US Senate for our state. Should I call you Ms. Roberts, or Barbara, Barbara?'

'I don't stand on ceremony, much, Mr. Dan. Call me what you like but don't call me late for any reason!' she chirped back.

'You are a card! Tell us why you, with no previous political experience, should be elected to this august post?'

'Because I'm an honest person, first off, and most off. And the US Senate has a great training program for incoming freshmen, or Ôfreshpersons, ' in my case. I have lived my whole life in this state. I have been fortunate to have had parents who travelled the state a great deal on vacations. I watched, listened and learned. I know our history, our economy, the problems this state faces, and the resources it has to face those problems. I want to be one of those resources. This state has given me a great life, and I want to give back. Being a public servant is just that, Ôserving our great public.' Fancy Dan then went on to question Barbara about her stance on various topics, such as gay marriage (support), capital punishment (against), port expansion of Doverton (local issue), establishment of a national park up north (support), the proposed ban on using traps and dogs to hunt bear (too bad bears can't vote), the idea for a new cross-state Interstate highway (we can't repair what we have now, why take on an additional burden until we've solved our existing needs), and on and on. She held her own.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.