The Candidate
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by Eagleye

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Evolving story of a rich man and a worthy candidate for US Senate. Event-driven, rather than character-driven. Sex will come in the sequel.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

Barbara made her presentation to the school board and it went off smashingly, as the British say. She talked about the need for technological improvements for rural school districts, her ideas about engaging high-tech companies in that endeavor, her thoughts about redistribution about timber revenue to favor rural districts, and then engaged questions from the school board.

One board member asked, "We've tried for a number of years to get a redistribution but have been met with a blank slate from the Legislature. How do you think you could accomplish this where we have failed?"

Barbara responded, "A US Senator has a bit of clout, even a junior one. Financial aid flows both ways. Your legislature needs Federal assistance in a number of areas. I think it's called "horse trading." You give me something on this, I'll give you something on that. The current Senator has been lax in using that leverage. I hear your needs, see the resources, and am willing to "horse trade."

"How do you see getting high-tech companies to be partners with us in improving rural Internet access, and getting up to speed with current computer technology?" another board member asked.

"Many new businesses are being started on the Internet from rural communities, and the "high tech" companies can be made to see this as a growing source of revenue for them. They already have gifting programs set up to provide support to schools. I think it's a matter of directing their attention to this state, and its deficit of resources compared to states like New York or Illinois. We're out of their line of sight now, and my goal is to get us central to their line of vision."

"Well, sounds impressive, and I wish you luck," said the school board president. "We can't indorse any candidate for election by state law, but I think I speak for the board that you have impressed us with your commitment and vision, and we'll all vote our own conscious."

We left the board meeting and retired to our modest car. "Well," said Barbara, "how do you think that went?" "As well as we hoped for, and all we could get," I replied. She smiled and relaxed into the back seat of the sedan. "I think we got extra points from the press that was in attendance. Thank you, Brady, for your efforts in getting media coverage of the event." "Oh, all the line of duty," he replied. Ya sure, I thought. This was a man to watch during these final weeks to make sure he did the right things at the right time.

"Don't forget, we leave from the railyard in Doverton tomorrow morning at 0800 for your whistlestop tour. Don't be late! Brady, do you have good directions?" "I've got GPS." Well and that has run a number of semi's under low bridges, and there were several in the vicinity of the railyard. I had her cell phone number, and Brady's, so I'd be sure to check early in the morning that they were on the right track. So to speak.


At 0600 the next morning I was in the Doverton yard and met up with Frank in his private car.

"Well, hell," said Frank, "this is going to be a great adventure. I was getting bored out of my mind handling things at headquarters, so this gives me a wonderful respite from the long and numbing."

"Frank, this should be a great adventure indeed. Hasn't been done some segments of Obama's first campaign, and not really done in this style since Truman. Do you have some good briefings for Barbara on the state of rail here, and some shaping of some proposals for her to consider?"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.