KA Loves JB - Cover

KA Loves JB

Copyright© 2014 by The Heartbreak Kid

Chapter 2

There were beaches closer to Jenny's Surrey home, but oddly enough they took a little longer to get to by road, and although Manda was generally a good kid, she was still only a baby so I didn't want to spend too long on the road. Another reason for choosing the Kent coast, was that both Jenny and I had fond memories of it from our younger years.

I consider myself a good, steady driver and I had a car that liked to be driven to the max for English roads, but that day I was particularly light-footed, bearing in mind my passengers. Nevertheless, we still made good time during the journey. Knowing the area, Jenny and I had discussed and agreed a destination as we travelled, and about an hour and forty minutes after leaving Woking I pulled into the car park at the small seaside town.

Having two well-educated parents, Manda was already quite chatty for her age, although this still seemed to me to be predominantly asking questions rather than actual conversations, but Jenny was very patient and I was learning on my feet. Manda also walked well, but not far, so I carried her to start with while Jenny had her large tote bag and the cooler box. As we walked through the familiar town towards the beach, we reminisced about past times; of course, Keith was part of those memories and I sometimes caught an expression on Jenny's face when his name was mentioned, but I think that her general good mood eclipsed her sadness.

The beaches in this part of the world are quite sandy, as opposed to shingle, which was my rationale for coming here, and when the tide is out they are quite extensive so we had no difficulty finding a nice place to stake our claim. After placing our towels on the sand, we were soon stripping off our outer clothes to reveal swimwear underneath. Jenny still had a great body, which to me hadn't changed much over the years, except that her breasts were a little bigger, perhaps, and she'd acquired a slight 'mummy tummy'. Her bikini was cut quite briefly and showed off her curves nicely, but of course I'd seen her au naturel in the past. Ever since she'd hit the beach she'd been looking to see what other women were wearing, as she was keen to go topless, but she didn't want to do so if others didn't, too.

My choice in swimwear was fitted shorts with a short leg and a waistband that came just below my navel. I wasn't into sports or going to the gym, but I ate sensibly and tried to keep myself in good shape. I had bulked up quite a bit since my teens, and I thought I saw Jenny checking me out and smiling.

Manda was still at that age where she asked for her potty during the day but she wore a nappy at night, in case of 'accidents'. Jenny was happy for her to run around without clothes; although she received constant applications of sunblock during the day.

The sea around Britain is never that warm, even during the summer months, but it's bearable for swimming. Jenny and I took turns in holding Manda as we waded up to our abdomens while the other swam if they wanted to, and we both splashed around at the waters edge while Manda paddled. When we weren't in the sea we stretched out on the towels with the little girl between us, and with a beach umbrella at least providing her with some shade. I'd never holidayed with a small child before and I soon came to realise that you can never relax your vigilance for a moment; but at least with me there Jenny could relax—and, yes, the bikini top did come off!

All in all it was a good day: during the afternoon I walked a short distance and bought fish and chips, which we ate on the beach; Manda being happy to share with her mum and me. We probably would have stayed longer if Manda wasn't with us, but by five o'clock we were packed up and ready for home. It wasn't too long after we set off that Manda was asleep, so Jenny and I just chatted quietly as I drove.

"Thank you again, Neil, that was an amazing day! After everything that's happened during the last few weeks, I really needed something like that. Can you stay tonight—I'd really like it if you did?" I smiled.

"I think I can do that. I do a lot of work from home, so my time is quite flexible—which reminds me: if you ever need a baby-sitter—"

"That would be great! I know that I've probably got to teach at least one evening class next term. Keith has always been there for Manda before. I'm sure that Mum and Dad would come over, but they've moved further away and you're nearer. It would only be one evening a week; two at most."

"What do you usually do during the day while you're both working?" I asked.

"Well, we're fortunate in that respect: the place where I work runs a course for nursery nurses, so the college has a crèche for the children of staff and students. Manda's been going there since I returned to work after maternity leave, so she's used to it, and if I've got free periods between classes I can pop across and see her. What about you, Neil: do you ever need to travel in your work, visiting building sites or whatever?"

"Yes, sometimes, but there's flexibility in that as well, and apart from the occasional client meeting, my evenings are usually my own."

By the time that we got back to Jenny's it was time for Manda to be put to bed, so Jenny just put her pyjamas on and then down for the night. I made us both a hot drink then relaxed on the sofa. When Jenny came downstairs again she joined me.

"You know, Neil, I've been thinking—we've known each other a long time: did you ever think about asking me out before Keith did?" I paused to consider my answer.

"Well, to be honest, no, I never did. We were good friends first, and then I suppose you were more like a sister. Keith and I talked about girls, like boys do, but never about you in that way—well, not to begin with; we both agreed that you were very pretty, but I was still a long way from wanting a girlfriend, or anything. What made you ask?"

"Oh, it's just that us girls talked as well, you know. I always liked you and Keith equally, and to be honest, I maybe hoped that you would ask me out first, but then Keith did and it all kind of snowballed from there: one day a boy asks you out and it's all new and exciting, then everyone's calling you a couple, and before you know it, you're getting married. I truly thought that he and I would always be together, but a part of me has always wondered what it would be like to have gone out with a few other boys as well. You seemed to take your time and you've had several girlfriends; with hindsight, I should have done that, too."

"Mmm, perhaps—but if I'd asked you out back then, maybe we wouldn't have stayed friends and I wouldn't be here now," I said.

"Yes, that's true, I suppose—so maybe it has all turned out for the best."

We sat there for a few more hours until the day started to catch up on us. Jenny said:

"Shall we turn in? You're sharing with me, by the way. I bags the first shower. You can come up or wait down here, but we've got nothing that the other hasn't seen before!"

"Okay! Why don't you go up and I'll wash up and then join you."

Jenny stood up and stretched and then climbed the stairs. I carried the used crockery through to the kitchen and put it in the sink and ran the water. It didn't take long to wash, dry and put away, then I locked the front door, turned off the lights and headed upstairs. As I entered the bedroom I could hear the shower still running so I sat on the edge of the bed and started to undress. I could easily have just lain down and gone to sleep, but like Jenny my body was still covered in the residue of sunblock and my skin felt taut from the effects of the sun.

Jenny came out of the bathroom naked and towelling her hair. I had been looking at her practically bare body for hours on the beach, but it suddenly looked different in another context, and my eyes went first to her highlighted untanned and hairless lower torso. My own lower body was as equally bi-coloured, but of course more so; I didn't shave my own pubic area, although I had in the past, but it had been closely cropped short. As we passed each other in the bedroom, Jenny giggled and flicked her towel against my bare backside. Once upon a time I might have chased her around the room, but now, fatigued, I just smiled and carried on walking.

When I came out of the bathroom, Jenny was lying on her side and appeared to be asleep. I got in beside her, leaving a space between us, but almost as soon as I was settled she rolled over against me and moved my arm so that it was around her and her arm was draped across my chest. A little readjustment, and then two soft lips were pressed against my cheek. "Good night, Love" she whispered, sleepily, "Sweet dreams!"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.