Beggars Can't Be...
Chapter 15: Return of the Slightly Chunky Roommate

Copyright© 2000 by Kenny N Gamera. All rights reserved.

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15: Return of the Slightly Chunky Roommate - Kenny has been hurt before. Can he get over his past hurt and open up to new love?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Light Bond   Polygamy/Polyamory   Food   Oral Sex   Violence  

I was between the lab and work with about forty-five minutes more than I would need to get from one to the other. Naturally, this meant I would enjoy a double latte at the Golden Cafe and ‘enjoy’ the latest piece of earth shattering science in -Occasional-Papers-in-Isotope-Paleobathymetry-(University-of-East-Angleia): a speedball of sorts. Fortunately, for that last smidgen of my sanity, Liz was working. Fortunately for Liz, I hadn’t been in the mood to make an ass of myself for quite a while.

After I had gotten my coffee and used the bathroom mirror to get my tie done up for work, I chose a comfy chair in front of the big screen television (showing some really dull stretch of the California coast) that faced away from the counter. Situated, I began to enmesh myself in the tangle of jargon I had brought to read. I had just finished the alleged sentences: “Taphonomic influences on the fauna of many shale and shaley formations have been grossly overestimated. The authors of this paper hope...” for what I thought was the sixth time, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to look into the eyes of Kim.

“Mind if I join you, Kenny.”

“It’s a free country,” I said with a slight shrug.

She sat down in the chair next to the endtable next to my chair. She clasped her hands together between her knees and stared at them. I mostly stared at the little black marks on my page. We sat quietly for a long moment as the waves beat quietly against the sand (the mute was on).

“Jenny misses you.”

“So I heard.”

As the waves washed ashore, nothing the least unusual happened with the black marks.

“She cries over you at night.”

“So I heard.”

Time passed. Kim just concentrated on her thumbs as if waiting for some feature to become clear. Counting my breaths in an unorganized way, I continued to look at the page in my hands with breaks to the screen. The scene shifted to some other nameless beach abandoned to the possession of a handful of gulls.

“Kenny,” she turned away from her hands and looked at me, “do you love her?”

I closed my eyes to think, listening to my heart’s rhythm.

“Yes,” I paused for another thought. “More than life itself.”

“Why?”

“Why do you?” Another pause followed before I added, “why does Sherry?”

Kim broke into a half-smile and said with a forced laugh, “she’s like that, isn’t she?”

“Yes, she is.”

“She loves you.”

With wave crests boiling into a froth of white over steel gray, surf crashed with some force into the near khaki-coloured sand. The darkness of the wet sand showed the extent of its advance onto the land before the weight of water backed into the advance of the next wave, which blocked its return to the ocean.

“She has a funny way of showing it.”

The gulls fled from the charging water but chased the backwash to the sea.

“Kenny, that isn’t fair.”

I let my photocopy drop in my lap. Having no clue as to what to do with my hands, I reached for my coffee.

“Life isn’t always fair, Kim.”

It had cooled enough for me to take a long pull without scalding my tongue into worthlessness.

“Sherry cares for you, too.”

I sighed.

“They are the most important people in my life, Kenny. I respect them both very much.”

“And?”

“Kenny, why do they like you?”

“I don’t know.” I drank more coffee in a big gulp. “I don’t understand it myself; I sure as hell don’t deserve it.”

“They seem to think you do.”

“Maybe,” I said staring into the pint glass holding my coffee, “they just don’t realize it yet.”

“I like you, too.”

“Wha?” I stared at her with what I hoped was a good first order approximation of a look as if I were slapped.

“I told Jenny she could find herself a guy, because...”

She leaned her arms against her legs and brought her forehead to her hands, resting it against her thumbs.

“Hell, I stole her from a man. I figured she’d find a jerk, get some dick, and come back to me. Instead, she found you.”

“Got some dick and went back to you.”

“Not completely, part of her is with you.”

“Part is with you.”

“Can you live with that?”

“Yes.”

“You seem sure.”

“I am.”

We sat there for a long time after that. The tape stopped in the middle of some static and began to rewind.

I got up and called work on the payphone. Bruce (thank God) answered, and I told him that I wouldn’t be in. He didn’t ask why; he only wished me a good night. I found that Kim hadn’t moved at all in the time that I had been gone.

I picked my paper off the floor and placed it next to my coffee on the endtable. Kim didn’t react at all. I sat down and retrieved my coffee. I took a drink before starting to stare into the surface again.

“You don’t seem to be the type to hurt women.”

I shuddered. “‘Good boys don’t hurt girls.’”

She pulled her head away from her hands. Her eyes went straight to mine. I locked my look into her gaze.

“Sherry said I should ask you about a scar.”

If I had thought about it, I wouldn’t have done it, but I didn’t think about it; I did it.

I stood up and held my hand out for her to take it. She reached up, and we grasped each other. I pulled her up.

Holding onto her hand, I lead her to the restrooms. Again, I didn’t think; I just went into the Men’s room bringing Kim in behind me.

Some guy was at he urinal. His back was towards us. He paid no heed to either of us for a moment but did a classic double take as he took notice of Kim, who was, for whatever reason, blushing slightly.

“Don’t mind her,” I said to the man, as I started to undo my pants. “She’s a lesbian.”

Still, he rushed through his business and, as carefully as I’ve ever seen anyone do it, zipped himself up without a hint of penis. He dashed to the door but had to squeeze behind Kim to get out. This caused him to blush, and Kim to turn even redder. By the time he was out of the restroom, I had gotten out of my pants and was lowering my underwear.

“Kenny, I’ve never done...” she sort of told the wall.

“Of course, not,” I said. “You’re a lesbian.”

“Kenny...”

I turned to my side and lifted my shirt up to my hips.

“Look.”

She turned her gaze from the wall and looked at my leg.

She must have forgotten herself and reached out to touch the scar tissue. She ran her fingers along the rough skin on the side of my buttock.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.