Who Are You? - Cover

Who Are You?

Copyright© 2014 by Barneyr

Chapter 14: A Wrap-up of the Mission

Sam, Hector, and I were done about five-thirty. I drove them home, then I drove to Carin's home and I crawled into bed. I really was sorry about the damage I did to Tomas, but I had to show the rest that violence would be a part of the torture for me to obtain the information I wanted. Sometimes a small bit of sudden violence is needed in order to let your prisoners know that it is possible. A smashed little toe really is a minor problem. It won't affect the man being able to walk. Yes, it is extremely painful and takes about a month or more to heal properly, but you can go on. Had I smashed his hand, then his life would have been severely hampered. I really never expected to have to hit his hand; but I would have, if I couldn't get the information I needed. I think Tomas knew the look in my eyes, and by my mannerisms that I was serious.

I 'called' Carin, 'Honey I'm home waiting for you, but I'm really tired, so please don't wake me if you can help it. Last night was not a picnic. I love you so much sweetheart.'

'Oh baby, I'm so glad you're home. You can tell me all about it later. I'll let you sleep as long as you are unhurt.'

'Yes I am unhurt physically, but I did have to revert to violence in order to get the information we needed. However, the person who hit me in the accident and who came to the hospital is no longer a problem.

'Did you kill him?'

'No dear, he died as a result of where he was hit with a tranq dart. He didn't suffer, although I wish he had suffered as much as I did. Take care honey. I'm fine, hurry home to me.'

'I love you Henry. Sometimes I think you have too large a heart, and other times I think it is nonexistent. I guess that is a result of what you have had to do for a living and for our country. I'll be home soon, sleep well darling.'

After my conversation with my lover, I said a little prayer for Tomas and for me too, then I settled down and was soon asleep. Sometime later I felt the bed move and someone warm cuddled up to me and I drifted back off to sleep.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from Jeff.

"Henry, you have nothing to worry about from the south. There seemed to be a sizable explosion at three different warehouses: one in Monterrey, one in Hidalgo, and another in Santiago. There was also a large villa in El Santuario (The Sanctuary) in one of the fancier parts of south Monterrey that just became vacant. However, there might be some major renovations needed to be able to live in it again. It appeared as if the basement had a gas leak and the whole villa exploded into many small pieces. Regrettably, there were no survivors."

"I see, Jeff, well I think that we will see a reduction of flights in our area for a while. I thank you and your friends for such a great meeting. I hope that we can meet again under better circumstances."

"As do I, Henry. The gang says to say hi, and it was a pleasure to meet you and your friends. Good-bye for now Henry, be careful, and I would keep the young lady close."

"I plan to very much Jeff and thank you for your assistance. Tell Floyd that I really appreciated meeting your team. Good-bye Jeff and keep your rear down."

"Yes Sir, I certainly hope to."

The line was dead now, so I hung up too. That was the last I heard of Jeff and his team, but not the last I read about. If you know what you are looking for and can read between the lines, then you can see the results of the Erbos teams and their work.

Once my part was complete, Carin and I had to sit down and plan out our lives together. After Carin left Hickory Hill Hospital, we chilled for a while and just got to know one another. We had several barbeques at either our house or Sam's. Hector moved temporarily to Austin to be an investigator for Fred's company. Cecil and his wife Gail, came up to see us a couple of weekends and we discussed my next job in Midland, TX. It would start in March of the following year.

In the meantime, Carin and I could live in her home or sell hers and live in mine. We did decide that Carin would come with me to my next job. Wouldn't you know it; it was a new hospital for Monahans, TX. With the increased population the present Ward Memorial Hospital just wasn't big or modern enough. They wanted an expanded trauma center and a new cardiac unit. Most of the people that had been there since the big oil boom were getting older and cardiac care was essential.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.