Remembrance of the Wood
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by Tamalain

For the next several weeks, Tama's parents and Elder kept a close watch on her. They where watching for signs that the history lesson may have scarred her in some way. To their amazement, it seemed as if the story had set something free in her. She played happily with the other children and she was even more intent in class. Elder reported it is as if she were trying to absorb every lesson and skill all at once.

At the park, she loved the hiding game were she was the seeker. The better the others managed to hide, the more fun she had in tracking them down. Her natural tracking skills seemed to be growing at an accelerated rate. One day, a pet ferret of one of her classmates had gotten loose and had run away to hide in the nearby woods. The child's parents said it was lost, yet with just a few clues Tama found its tracks and was able to hunt the ferret down to its lair. She found the very hungry and scared ferret in some deep brush near the village. It just could not find its way home. The family was glad to have their pet home safe, as it was a pet and part of the rodent control in their home.

During this time, Master Heart Green decided on how Tama could start as a new apprentice in his shop. There would be tight limits on what tools she could use and how long she would work each morning. When he and her parents had worked out the limits and rules, Tama had to agree to follow them to the letter. She would be refused further training until she turned twelve if she failed.

"I will follow all the rules to the best of my abilities." That satisfied her parents and Master Heart.

"I will see you at second bell in the morning, do not be late," said Heart.

The next morning, Tama arrived at the wood workers shop just as Master Heart was opening the doors. "Well now, if all the Apprentices and Journeymen were as punctual as you, I would die of shock."

"This is a reminder, four hours here in the morning, no more than that. You will report to your mother at home then spend the rest of the afternoon at school."

"I remember and agree. Master Heart, you and my parents are being more than fair with me in this."

"Now girl, let us get this building open. Once Whittles arrives, she can start teaching you about basic hand tools and rules about them you need to learn. That includes safe handling and care. Many are razor sharp and can remove a finger if you don't pay attention to what you are doing at all times."

"I am also assigning you a series of simple exercises that simulate the motions that are made with most hand tools. Over time, as you do the same moves repeatedly, you will build up what's known as muscle memory. Do you know what that is?" he asked.

"No sir, how can muscles remember anything?" She held out her skinny arm and shook it.

"Well, muscle memory is where you perform a task over and over, and in time, you hardly have to think about it, you just do it.

"Ok, I think I understand that. It's like kneading bread; you just do it and don't have to think about it."

It was then that Whittles shambled into the shop. She looked like she had been up for a week and not bothered her hair for even longer.

The Master Heart looked at her frowning, "Girl, how many times have I told you that the tavern will be the death of you."

"Every time I come in I would say," she mumbled.

Tama looked at her and then back to Greenheart. "Is she going to be all right, she looks kind of sick. Is her arm still hurting?"

"Once she burns the rotgut out of her body, Whittles will be fine. She is also going to have one massive headache as well. Ask lot's of questions and be loud about it. Her arm is fine; the healer was able to fix it right away."

For the rest of the morning, Whittles slowly and carefully showed Tama a number of the simpler tools. Tama very quickly discovered that her small size and lesser strength made many of the tools unusable for her. She knew that she would be able to do more as she got older, but that was not her main concern. She learned that her Grandmother could do basic woodworking, simple tailoring, weapon, leather, and chain mail repairs. She was even a good cook. Tama knew it would take many years to learn all these skills.

The first tool Tama learned to use was a whittling blade. Whittles gave safety lessons and constant reminders, always cut away from your body never pull towards you with this sort of blade. This is to prevent you from cutting yourself if the blade slips.

Her first class assignment; take a round dowel of semi hard wood and carve it as close to perfectly square as she could. It also could be no less than one inch on each side and ten inches long. She had two days to complete this assignment in class.

She worked on the pin at a steady rate and soon reached a state of relative peace. That peace was rudely shattered about midway through her time in the shop that day. One of the journeymen arrived with his son in tow. The boy saw her and snarled, "What is that freaky girl doing in here with real people."

All work in the building came to sudden stop as everybody looked at the sudden disturbance. The boy walked over and got close enough to make her nervous as she had been in the middle of a cutting stroke. "Why are you in here, you belong outside with the dogs you freak." He reached and poked her in the chest with one finger pushing back a few inches.

Tama was taken aback by this sudden attack. "Boy, why are you attacking Tama?" asked Heart from his office door.

"She's a freak, that's why. Ever tried to hide from her, forget it. She will find you in a minute, and she thinks she's so smart in class. She learns thing fast, making the rest of us look stupid," the boy said.

"Journeyman Gregson, this is your son correct."

"Yes, I'm sorry to say at this point he is. Roin, this place is not for you. I will return him to his mother and come back to tender my separation from your shop in shame."

"That won't be necessary Gregson. Just return the boy home, then return to work. I believe you still have a number of jobs to complete, several under contract as I recall."

"Yes sir." Gregson took his son and left, the boy screaming that he would get her for this.

Whittles had Tama in her arms, as she was shaking and crying in fear and shame. "Why does he hate me?" ask Tama. "I've never done anything to him. I just do the best that I can at whatever I do. Is it wrong I try to be good at what I do?" She held out dowel pin and showed she had over half of it squared in the way that she assigned.

"Well Tama that is very good for a short morning. Whittles, walk Tama home. I think a little time with her mother is needed," Heart told Whittles.

While they walked out of the village towards Tama's home, Whittles tried to explain what she thought the problem might be. "Tama you do well at everything you try, you make the effort to get things right every time. Some people just can't stand the idea that somebody else might be better at something than they are. Others resent that you work hard, it makes them look bad in their own eyes and of others, or so they think. Personally, I think they just look and act lazy."

"If I don't try and do my best Whittles, I will never see my dreams come true. That is why I want to learn some of all the major trade skills, just to make my dreams come true." Tama was still crying.

"No Tama, you go right ahead and do your best. You will be the leader and they will be the one begging for your help in the end. Never give up on your dreams." Whittles looked at her with a slight smile asked in a low voice, "Is he cute, the one in the dream?"

Tama looked back at her with a big tear filled grin and said, "You have no idea." She wiped her eyes and started to laugh. "I just never realized how I appear to others is all." She wiped her eyes, pulled out a cloth and blew nose.

When they arrived back at home, Tama asked Whittles to come in and tell Willow what had happened. Once inside Willow asked her to sit and explain why Tama had been upset. After Willow had heard what had happened at the shop, she was very upset about her daughter being attacked by another child in that manner.

"Well it won't happen again in the wood shop, the boy has been denied training by Master Heart. His father offered to withdraw as well, but Heart told him he was welcome to stay. Is Roin still in school with you Tama?"

"I don't think I have seen him in several weeks now, but I study so hard I don't have time to think about the other kids, except at break times."

"Well you need to watch out for him. He did threaten you, he may try to hurt you in some way at school," said Whittles.

"I'll be careful Whittles. I just wish I had a little more time. I wanted to be further along on the test than I managed to get."

"Well little girl, I am sure you will finish it in plenty of time in the morning," said Willow, now smiling. "Now, I must return to the shop and get back to my work. I will see you in the morning Tama."

"Take care Whittles, and thank you for helping Tama home."

Whittles left, then mother and daughter had a quiet lunch before Tama needed to rush off for her normal class with the Elder.

Schooling continued and she continued to do well in her studies. Geography and map reading proved to be her favorite topics. She wanted to visit Antonica, Erudin, Kunark, the frozen plains of Velious. She had also heard about the Plane of Knowledge as well. The library there was said to be the most wondrous in all creation.

Her parents told her that at seven years old, she was still too young to travel to the dangerous lands. Elder had told her the Combine portal would not allow her to go to the Nexus on Luclin, and the portal book would not work for her at all. Children can't be allowed to enter those places for their own good and safety.

As summer turns to fall, and fall turns to winter Tama continued to study the crafts she felt she would need. With her fathers help, she had built a simple wood and stone bench. She made a simple set of weights out of stones wrapped in leather to work her upper body strength then she would carry a heavy pack, as she would run laps around the park.

By the following spring, she had grown three inches and had increased the amount of her weights five times, as she increased in upper body strength. One set of exercises she did had special focus, she wanted have the strength to pull the bow and fire it as many times as needed without hurting herself. She didn't know it then, but these efforts would go a long way towards saving her own and many other lives in the future.

In all this time, Roin had only approached her once. He told her he was sorry and would never bother her again. It turned out his father had completed his Journeyman requirements and was going to set up shop in a northern community.

Elder had invited another guest to visit and see the students. This time it was one of the High Elven from Felwithe. He came to show various types of magic that it's possible to learn. As he went about his demonstration, Tama could feel the flow of Mana around her. She knew what it was, but had never felt it so strongly before. She did not try to mimic his actions since she had seen the results of uncontrolled mana flows in her father. Tama knew she could never wield the power she had felt, at least not in the ways of the High Elven Mage could.

Winter turns to spring and another year passed by with Tama entering her eighth year. She grew and became stronger from her efforts with her weights. Her wood working skills improved to the point the Stave Green was willing to help her make her first bow. For Tama this news was as if the light of Tunare had just opened out upon her. He informed her they would start after the rest day. Now she would learn how hard it is to produce.

That evening, Tama was excited as she could ever remember being. She had just had her eighth season celebration and she continued to grow at a steady pace. The gift from her parents had been a simple woodworking tool, a drawknife. A good drawknife is the tool of choice when making a basic bow. Bowyer Stave had explained to her how it is to be used. He also had shown her examples as part of her lessons in woodworking. To help her get the feel of the drawknife, he had her strip the bark and soft outer wood from a large number of logs for the other apprentices to use on their projects. The drawknife, a whittling blade and a wood rasp were all she needed to make a self bow.

After dinner, having completed her chores around the house for the evening, she sat on her bed and went over in her mind the steps that she would have to perform correctly in order to make a bow. The wood selection would be first, it could not be fresh cut, yet not dry through to the core. She knew of several raw strakes in the curing shed that might work for what she wanted to do. By her current size, it needed to be one of her hand widths wide, and the length about her size in height. The thickness had to be enough for two hand lengths to start with.

She pulled her drawknife out and studied it carefully. A sharp blade was not the best for bow making, it could cause gouges that would ruin the spine and weaken the arms. She felt the edge carefully, they did not feel too sharp, but were not dull. This should be about right for her to start with. If it needed to be a little sharper, she could ask Master Greenstave to sharpen it for her. She just didn't have the strength to use the sharpening tools safely. She used a string to measure her own height, then took back one of her hand lengths, this would allow her to mark and cut the board to the length she needed to start with.

The next morning she helped around the house and finished her chores early. She spent two hours out behind the house working with her weights, then she went to the park, her pack loaded with stones and proceeded to jog around the park several times. After the warm-up laps, she headed up the hill behind town. She started at a steady jog then pushed herself harder as the ground sloped upwards even more steeply. The hill path has four switchback ledges. Today she made it to the second ledge without slowing for the first time. She did just about lose her breakfast as she got her breath back.

Tama waited a few minutes then continued up the path to the next ledge. She walked part way, switched to a slow jog for the third switchback. She repeated this to the last ledge and then to the top of the hill. From up here she could see down across the valley, as far across the Greater Faydark Valley as the rising mist would allow her to see. She was just able to see the top of the old Combine spires today. Tama didn't know it, this was almost the exact place in an earlier age, a group tired explorers first looked down on the valley and to their peoples future.

After resting a few minutes and drinking from her water bag, she was able to run back down the slope. The downhill run while easier, worked different muscles in her legs and back.

When she reached the bottom of the slope, she walked the rest of the way home to cool down. Once home she would stretch to ease the strain she had put her young body through. Wiping herself down to get the worst of the sweat off, she then donned her lightweight cloths. A long tunic dress that came down to her knees, and a rope belt to hold it close to her body. As she put the over tunic on, she noticed it was getting a bit tight as she was growing out of her older cloths.

Throughout the rest of the day she worked with her mother to fix things around the house. When not busy she would ask her father about trees and the differing properties of the different breeds. Which wood is the hardest yet can be flexible. It has to be soft and easy to work, yet resilient for furniture and weapons. Willow and Axemen taught her everything they could when the opportunities arose. They knew she was excited about the upcoming woodworking test and hoped she would not rush things and make mistakes.

The next morning had Tama up early doing her chores. She even started breakfast for her parents, which was a pleasant surprise for them. After cleaning up the kitchen, she changed to her workshop cloths. The fabric a light grey, and made of a heavier weave with leather padding, better able to resist the wear created by sawdust and wood chips. Retrieving her pack from her room, she jogged to the woodworking shop. She arrived just as the Master Heart was opening the doors for the day.

"Well good morning Tama, how are you doing today?"

"Quite well and you Master Heart?"

"I am as well as one can expect at my age. When you pass that third century, things start going downhill fast. Ready to start your big project today?"

"Yes sir. My tools are ready, my measuring strings are cut and set to length."

Master Stave arrived a few minutes later to find Tama studying several cut wood strakes. He silently watched as she hefted each, and found the center of balance. The first one he could tell she rejected since the center of balance was well off the center of the length. The second seemed better so she started tapping it lightly with a wood mallet and listened for hollows. About three quarters of the way, she stopped and frowned. Tama tapped around the section, pulled a long string from one of her pouches on her pack. She measured from just before the hollow to the end, it would not be long enough.

Tama pulled out another piece of wood and started over. This one had better balance than the second strake; the tapping test didn't reveal any overt flaws to her sharp ears. She set her stool to give herself the height she needed at the worktable. Lifting the strake, she was able to set it in the padded jaws.

The next part of the task involved removing the bark and sapwood layers. Her drawknife allowed her to manage this task with little difficulty. All of her exercising was finally starting to pay off. Once the sapwood was clear, she was able to remove the upper pithy layer. Here was the point that could ruin the bow before she even started; she was now uncovering what would be the spine of the bow.

She scraped gently, yet with enough pressure to cut the pithy and reach the heartwood. She soon saw slightly darker rich yellow wood. She also felt the blade slide across the cleared surface rather than dig, a very good sign. Looking at the exposed heartwood, she used the whittling blade to scrape the pithy away. The wood was smooth and the color was even all the way across.

Clearing the rest of the heavy sapwood layer allowed her to lightly scrape away the remainder of the soft pithy. Master Stave came over after several hours to see how Tama was progressing. He nodded in satisfaction and had her stop for the day. "It is time to clean up and head home."

Tama looked around in shock that time had passed so quickly while she was working. "Yes Master Greenstave, I didn't realize what time it is."

Tama quickly cleaned her tools and put them in her drawer. She placed the plank on the table and covered it with a lightly oiled cloth. The floor she swept with a straw broom, gathering the shavings and bark, then scooping them up dumping them in the barrel that everybody in the shop used for chip disposal. It was good fire starter, or ground cover to keep bugs out of the gardens.

After bidding her fellow wood workers a good day, she headed home. About halfway she started getting a funny itch in the back of her head. She felt as though eyes were spying on her and she didn't like the feeling. She stopped, turned around trying to spot who might be watching her. She didn't see anything and only a few town folk were out this time of day.

She made it home and the itch had faded away. She thought maybe somebody had been looking out of their window as she was passing by. Putting on her workout shorts and shirt, she took the woodchip and sawdust covered cloths out back and shook them off. Tama quickly found out her arms were tired from scraping the wood all morning. She decided to try a light lift session anyways. By the time she finished the weights, her arms were shaking from the strain on them.

After she cleaned up from her busy morning, her mother had a small meal prepared and Tama told her about the progress on her first bow. "It is much harder starting from the raw strake. I can see why the others arms are so big, even with my workouts every day, I am no where near as strong as the older apprentices."

"Well my darling little girl, you will just have to keep growing, then you will have big strong arms as well."

"I know, I will need them to use a bow in battle or even to hunt. It requires powerful arms and chest muscles. Not to mention using swords, those are just plain heavy."

Willow, looking at her daughter, felt icy chill in her heart. She knew Tama was a warrior spirit reborn. "Well, if you are done eating, you need to be getting to school now. I'll finish cleaning this up."

Tama collected her pack from her room, a quick check showed her goose quill pens, two bottles of ink, a roll a clean parchment and finally, her ever present water bottle. Sliding on her leather sandals, she gave her mother a hug and headed to school. She thought about her project and how much harder it was when working alone. Even with her daily strength exercises, she knew that she was barely strong enough too properly handle the drawknife.

As she walked, the faint itch in her head returned. Tama stopped and looked around, this time she thought she saw a faint wavering in the light near the entrance of the cloth weavers shop. Somebody is using a form of camouflage and is following me, she thought. 'I had best get to school and let Elder know.'

As she walked to the school, the feeling just stopped. Rather than turn to look, she picked up her pace to a full sprint. When she entered the schools ground her anxiety faded completely, like a chill breeze fading in the warm sun. Before she entered the wood and stone school building, she stopped at the door. Inside, she heard Elder speaking with someone who's voice she didn't recognize.

"You are right about her. Her sensitivity is unlike any I have ever encountered. The invisibility potion kept her from seeing me this morning, but she knew somebody was watching her. On the way here, I may as well have not bothered using the camouflage potion. She spotted me as I moved away from her."

The Elder chuckled a bit, "I keep telling folks that her abilities are unlike any seen in a generation. You just don't want to believe a senile old teacher now do you. In fact, she is right outside the door waiting to be noticed and invited in. Come on in Tama, I know you're out there." Tama entered the classroom not knowing if she was in trouble for listening as they were speaking. She entered and looked around and then focused on the stranger for a second, quickly looking down at her feet.

"No Tama you are not in trouble for waiting to enter the classroom while we conversed." said Elder. "Tama, I want to introduce you to your shadow. This is William Basier from the City of Qeynos rangers group. You seem to have caused him some concern over his talents young lady. Tell him how you knew he was watching you if you would."

"Well sir, this morning I just felt an itch in the back of my head, like eyes were on me, watching me, hunting me. I wasn't able to find the source, but I knew it was close by. On the way here, I felt the same itch, but I have felt it before. I was able to see a faint outline of you as you were standing near the door. I ran as fast as I could after that to tell Elder a stranger was in town and spying on me." Turning to Basier, "How did you get here before me?"

"I ran here with this Tama, A Spirit of the Wolf totem. It gives the user a boost to their running speed. It allows you to cover long distances in a short time. You do pay a price later with being very hungry and tired," explained William. He took a small wolf shaped black woodcarving out of his pack and handed it to Tama.

She looked at it and examined it carefully. "I think you need to keep your blade just a touch duller on the final steps to make the surface come out smoother. Otherwise this is a very nice piece of wood carving."

William looked at her in disbelief. "You are a wood worker?"

"I'm training at the woodshop in town, I am working on my first solo project, a self bow. How does this totem work?"

"Just grasp it and invoke it in your thoughts."

Tama looked at the carved wolf. It was actually a poorly executed piece of work in her eyes. It had nicks all around it and the red painted streaks seemed wrong. She held onto the SoW totem and thought at it to invoke its power then took a step. Her next thought was about how she ended up on her back on the floor with a bloody nose.

"Tama!" yelled Elder. "Drop the totem and think cancel Spirit of Wolf. HURRY girl, drop the totem and think cancel!"

It took a moment before Tama was able to understand what Elder was trying to say to her. He sounded slow in her ears, but she finally figured it out and was able to drop the totem and think the cancel command. Elder quickly started checking Tama over for any serious injuries while covering her nose with a cloth. She only a slight bloody nose and a few bruises much to his relief.

Brasier said, "She's too small to control the forces involved. I will have work in age limit I guess. Say About fifteen, that way the body has the mass and strength to stay in control."

Tama was able to set up and looked at the totem with fear. "I started to take a step then slammed in to the wall. That can't be right; somebody will be hurt badly with this totem. You need a better totem teacher."

"No girl I don't think so." said Elder. "Now take your seat and stay quiet. That way the others will hopefully ignore your nose for a while."

Tama did as he instructed, she sat as still and quiet as she could. She was thinking, please do not notice me, I don't want the others to see my nose. Her sight started to take on a slightly fuzziness around the edges as she sat there.

Elder continued speaking with the visitor when he sensed something, a change in the air that caused him to glance at Tama in her seat. He almost could not see her as she was slowly fading in and out of view.

She jumped when Elder snapped at her, "Young lady, stop trying camouflage right this instant. You had nearly faded from sight girl. Have you been trying this before today?" His sharp tone of voice scared her even more.

"No sir," Tama was almost in tears now. "What did I do wrong Elder. I was doing just what you told me. Be still and silent they wouldn't notice my nose." Tear flowing freely now and Tama was starting to panic. "That is what you told me to do Elder! That's all I did, I wasn't trying to vanish or anything, honest."

Tama dropped her face to her hands on the desk as she cried. Elder looked at a young boy that had just entered the classroom. "Silor, go quick as you can to fetch Tama's mother. Tell her that her daughter needs her here at once, and hum Selos as run boy."

"Yes Elder," said the boy as he took off at a full sprint and humming the tune had heard the bard sing one time to run faster.

It only took a few minutes and he arrived at Tama's home. "Misses Willow!" he yelled breathlessly! He banged on the door only for few seconds before she pulled it open.

She looked at the boy sharply. "Why are you shouting and banging on my door boy."

He looked at her and started, "Elder sent me to summon you to the school. Something happened but I don't know what. Just that Elder said you need to hurry."

"Oh no," She sighed. "What's Tama done now she thought, we haven't had any problems at school, now this." She stepped outside closing the door behind her.

Ma'am, if you hold my hand I can get us there faster. I can do Selos Accelerando a little bit. Just walk normally and try not to run in to anyone or anything." The world took on a faint blur as she stepped out.


At the school Elder had asked Basier to put the Totem away. "They are leaking mana, and the power is impacting Tama, awakening her inborn abilities. She isn't strong enough yet to handle the strain."

"Yes, your right. The case should contain the effect, I will take them out to my wagon as well." Williams was starting to look panicked. His only thought now was escape before this old Elven figured out his secret. He also needed to report in about what he had witnessed with Tama.

"Mister, all of those nicks in the finish are causing the leaks. Use a dull scraper to finish next time you make any totems," said Tama.

"Oh yes, I will look into it as soon as I get back to Qeynos."

He quickly packed and fled the school. They heard the whip crack and a horse cart leaving in a hurry.

"Well, he won't be coming back any time soon I hope," said Elder. "That looked like poor workmanship, but now I'm not so sure. The totem shouldn't have activated for you Tama. It didn't have the enchantment safeguards built in that are required by the magic guilds. Without those protections, that type of totem can kill. Your mother will be here in a moment so blow your nose and wipe your eyes."

"Yes Elder." She carefully did as she was instructed and nothing bad seemed to happen this time. It was only a minute later when a whirlwind a motherly panic and anger stormed into the classroom looking for her daughter.

One fast glare at Elder was all she spared him on entering and it was enough to cause even him to flinch back. Willow zeroed in on her daughter and picked her up to look her over and hold her. When she noticed her daughter's swollen nose, her head then swiveled and locked on the Elder, if she had been a wizard, her eyes would have fried him to a cinder on the spot. Now he was worried about his own safety.

"Now Willow, calm down and allow me to explain what happened here."

"EXPLAIN? My daughter's nose is nearly flattened and she is in tears and you want to explain?"

"Mama it wasn't Elders fault," said Tama.

"What do you mean it wasn't his fault," Willow said with a slightly softer glare at her daughter.

"It was the human with the badly made totems."

"What Human. Where is he," The look she now bore bespoke of pain and suffering that even the gods would shy away from.

"Willow, please, he has fled the area already. Probably half way to Kaladim by now from the way he was whipping those poor beasts of his."

Willow stood still for a moment and calmed herself down. Elder then let out a quiet sigh of relief. Never antagonize an angry mother protecting her child. It would be safer to try to stick a needle of cure disease in Bertoxulus, the god of plagues.

"Ok Elder please 'explain' to me what happened here today."

"Perhaps we should move outside to discuss this."

She stopped and looked around and realized the rest of the children in the class were huddled against the far wall looking at her with the general terror that all children have from angry mothers.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you like that. Please, take your seats and study while Elder and I have a little talk." Ice almost formed on the windows her voice was so cold. "And you young lady, sit and study until I come back for you."

"Yes mama." She said meekly, returned to her seat quickly for she was as afraid as the rest of her classmates.

As the adults left the room one of the boys quietly remarked, "I thought my mother had a temper. She has absolutely no temper compared to yours Tama." He grunted in pain as another student dug an elbow into his ribs.

Once outside Elder asked her sit and please try to remain calm.

"There was a human totem merchant looking to peddle his wares, or so he claimed. I am beginning go think he was studying our little town for unpleasant mischief. I'll need to speak with the guard captain before I leave for the druid ring near Kelethin."

"Elder, what happened to my daughter." All the storm signs started to reemerge.

"What ... oh yes Tama. She told me she felt as if she where being watched on the way home from the shop, but she wasn't able to see anything. On the way here she saw somebody using camouflage and ran here as fast as she could." He went and related the events that had transpired and led up to the current situation. "By the way, were did you leave little Silor, the boy I sent fetch to you."

"He sat down on the bench at gate and fell asleep. He was exhausted when he got to my house so we walked as he quietly sang Selos all the way here."

"I will have to have another student fetch his parents to retrieve him. I suspect the boy will be a very powerful bard one day if today's performance is anything to judge by." After a moments thought. "Go and collect your daughter Willow. Consider school being out for at least five to seven days. I am going to be on a bit of a trip it seems."

"In the mean time, you and Axemen need to send a request to Eaglesclaw to come and give Tama the basic training in control or she could end up being seriously hurt. I know, you despise the thought of what he will teach her, but it must be. Also be ready for her to be completely exhausted tonight and painfully sore for the next several days. Her body wasn't strong enough to handle the stresses she had today."

"Very well Elder, I will convince my husband of the need. Where are you going to be traveling to?"

"To the human city of Qeynos, it would seem."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.