Protection and Preservation, Book 08 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 08

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

[Janice writes]

In the morning, we loaded three of the Harold's into Poppa's Cessna and left with my spouses and children to see us off. Jacob and Bobbi even hugged Andy. She looked terrible and hopeless. I think they realized how badly she felt. We flew out with Herb as my copilot. I didn't really need one but I would rather have Herb than an emotionally unstable Andy in that seat. It was a quiet flight.

We landed in mid morning. I had the Harold's drop me at my house while they went on to their house. As I got out, I said, "No visitors until lunchtime." I looked at Andy. "That specifically means you." She had tears pouring down her cheeks.

I walked in the house and found Charlie up and getting ready to check on our stock. I said, "Son, wait for me, please." He just nodded. He was upset but being more stoic about it. I could tell that his emotions were on a tight rein. I went into our grand master bedroom and slipped some riding clothes on and walked out to the kitchen where Charlie waited.

"Don't you want to tell me that leaving was wrong, mom?"

"No."

"Did 'she' come back with you?"

"Andy is back home with her parents. I flew them here. Jacob is with Bobbi at Dobbins. Do you want to fly back with me later today?"

"Did you fly back just to get me?"

"No."

"What gives?"

"Charlie, do you want to talk to me about it and hear what I have to say? You don't have to but I would appreciate it if you would." He nodded. "Let's sit down then. A lot happened and you should know about it. I will 'not' make a decision for you. Actually, I'm not even sure that I have an opinion." He looked a bit startled.

I continued. "After the three of you left yesterday morning, Andy came to me. I proceeded to tell him the entire story including the parts that I overheard. He was a little shocked at my statement to Andy. By the time I finished, we both had tears in our eyes.

We dried our eyes. "Mom, if she loved me, why would she treat me that way publicly? Her parents aren't that way. You and the rest of my parents aren't that way. I have never treated her that way. I just don't understand it."

"Charlie, I can guess but that's all it is." He nodded. "I don't think she realized how hurtful what she was saying actually was. Mister Herb had quit training rather than hear more from her on it. Her words to him were just as demeaning as those to you. She was way too harsh and she is willful. You know that and it's an endearing trait if it's controlled. When it gets out of control, it can do devastating damage to relationships.

"She and Missus Mindy have asked me if your relationship can be fixed. I have told them that I don't know. I do know that rebuilding your trust and your faith in her good opinion of you will take time if it can be done. The only two people who can know about fixing your relationship are the two of you. What others think or want is, in the end, irrelevant.

"I have one other thing to tell you. She wanted to see you. They gave me a ride here from the airport. I told them all that there would be no visitors until lunchtime. I expect her at least here then. You have some choices. You can refuse to see her. You would be within your rights. If that is your choice, then I believe the door will be closed. You may agree to hear her. I know she will apologize. She wants you back 'if' you will have her. That doesn't mean things are just magically fixed but there is then some hope for the future."

"Mom, let's go into the living room. I need for my mother to hold me." We went in there and sat on the sofa.

"Charlie, you will never be so old that I can't hold my boy." We held each other and cried some more.

Lunchtime was approaching. "You will have to make a first decision soon because they will be here. If you don't want to see her. I will meet them on the porch and send her away. If you will see her, you might decide upon any conditions for future conduct. I expect both her parents will be with her. She is a basket case right now. If you decide not to see her, they will need to be there to get her home."

"Mom, I will talk to her. She must sit in that chair and may not touch me. If she won't abide by my wishes in this matter, we cannot reconcile. I don't know that we can anyway." A moment later, I heard steps on the porch. I nodded at Charlie and went to the door.

I opened the door enough to ease out. Herb and Mindy were with Andy. I said, "You may all enter. Andy, you will sit in the chair that I indicate and may not move out of it other than to leave this house. You may not touch Charlie. Do you understand and agree."

Tears were rolling down her cheeks but she managed to nod. We all went inside and I pointed to the chair that Charlie had indicated. It was a good ten feet from where he was sitting on the sofa. I returned to sit next to him. Mindy and Herb sat together on a love seat close to us.

Charlie looked at Andy impassively and waited. There was a noticeable silence. Andy looked terrified. Charlie waited. He had learned patience from his fathers and I knew he would wait her out or if she didn't speak soon, he might send her away. She needed to find her voice. She looked at me and I also was wearing the impassive look. Herb whispered, "Go ahead, honey. This is your chance."

She took a deep breath. "Charlie, I'm sorry. I screwed up and hurt you so badly that I will understand if you don't want to see me again. I'm not sure how to fix things but I want to say a few things. First, I love you. I'm not as strong as you for you would have died for me more than once. You are smart, brave, kind, and strong. I betrayed your love by humiliating you. I'm not very smart. I've proved it before many people. I'm a cruel, unfeeling bitch when I don't listen to you. Charlie, I need you just to keep me human. I know this doesn't fix things but I'm sorry and I hope to someday regain your love and respect. If not, I wish you happiness with someone who will not be as foolish as I was.

"Charlie, please forgive me. I beg you." She went to her knees but didn't try to approach him. She just knelt there sobbing.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.