The Doctor Is Always In
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by Levi Charon

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A new emergency medical resident makes a bad mistake, putting a patient at risk. His efforts to assuage his guilt bring them much closer on a personal level.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual  

El Gato Negro is a neighborhood bar a few blocks from the hospital. For as long as I can remember, it's been a favorite watering hole for off-duty cops, firefighters, paramedics, nurses and a few of the younger docs like myself. Actually, I used to hang out there a lot when I was a paramedic, so I knew a lot of the regulars.

It was almost midnight when I stopped by for a couple of beers on my way home. As soon as I stepped in the door, an old friend stood up in the far corner and hollered, "Hey, Dr. Ken, over here!"

It was Denise Sanderson, a paramedic I used to work with and even had a bit of a fling with at one time when we were partners. We really liked each other and might have become even more serious if I hadn't been bent on going to med school and she hadn't been of the opinion that guys were fun to play with but absolutely not to be trusted. It was common knowledge that her current squeeze was a cute nurse up on the medical floor. I guess she finally decided which way she wanted to go.

Besides being super attractive and physically fit, Denise was one of the best paramedics I'd ever worked with; cool under fire, confident and smart. She could run a cardiac arrest better than most of the docs in the hospital. She still worked on the street when she could, but most of her time was spent in the office as a shift supervisor. Nobody doubted she'd be the next Chief.

I grabbed a Heineken at the bar and worked my way back to her table. I recognized everyone except a guy who looked too young to have been served the beer he was drinking.

"Hey, guys," I said as I pulled up a chair, "Just getting started or just winding up?"

Denise spoke up, "This is our first round. You may have the honor of buying the second."

"How kind of you but I'll want to check this young man's ID before I get busted for contributing to his delinquency."

The new kid grinned and reached across the table to shake hands. "Terry McEnroe. I'm fresh out of P-school and these guys are introducing me to the seedier side of the business. I've seen you in the ER but we haven't met."

"Ken Butcher, and save the cute jokes because I've heard them all. Nice to meet you, Terry."

Through two more rounds, we caught up on all the latest hospital gossip and told all the latest jokes. It felt good to kick back and be with people I still looked upon as my own kind. To be honest, I actually missed being a street medic sometimes. It wasn't as involved as the doctor biz but it certainly had its own set of challenges. Good paramedics save a lot of lives and they make life a lot easier for emergency physicians and nurses.

During the course of the banter, Denise asked, "How's that girl we brought in a couple of weeks ago; the one that got the shit kicked out of her by her significant other."

"Oh, you must mean Anita Sanchez. She's doing better than you might expect. She still looked pretty rough when she was discharged, but there was no permanent physical damage. As a matter of fact, she's going to start tutoring me in Spanish so I can carry on a reasonably intelligent conversation with my non-English speaking patients."

"Ooh," Terry kidded, "I hear the brown girls are pretty hot!"

Denise gave him a playful but forceful punch on the shoulder and admonished, "Don't be making smart-ass remarks that might get you pegged as a bigot, kid. The world is complicated enough without that kind of crap."

He shot back, "Hey, my girlfriend is Chinese so don't try to hang that tag around my neck." Looking back at me, he went on, "You know I was kidding, don't you, Doc?"

"I get it. Anyhow, now that she's come up in the conversation, she's in bad need of employment, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew about anything that might be available. The tutoring is just a supplement, so what she really needs is an honest-to-god job."

Denise said, "Hell, tell her to think about becoming one of us. I mean it would take a while but the world always needs another good paramedic, right? And a Spanish speaker would be a valuable addition to the department."

"Hmm, that's a thought. She said she was interested in becoming a nurse, but street medicine might appeal to her and there's no reason she couldn't do both, eventually. What's the soonest she could work through all the courses?"

Denise considered it for a few seconds and asked, "I don't suppose she's taken an EMT course, has she?"

"I couldn't say for sure, but I doubt it."

"In that case, she should plan on at least a couple of years plus a six-month internship. The good news is that she can work while she takes classes. We might be able to start her as a driver on the detox van. She won't get rich, but it pays better than flipping burgers."

"I'll be sure to tell her that. Can I send her over to the division to talk to you?"

"Absolutely! We don't have nearly enough women in this uniform."

The party broke up shortly after that and we all headed home for some much needed sleep.


I opened the door to welcome Anita for our first lesson, and before I could even say hello, she held up her hand and said, "No debemos hablar Inglés. Solo en Español." (We shouldn't speak English. Only Spanish.) That one I knew from my computer course. This was going to be clumsy but it was probably the best way to go.

She walked around my apartment, probably taking note of my lack of domestic organization. I was such a crappy housekeeper (just messy, not dirty) that the first order of business accomplished through a long and comical exchange of Spanish words and clumsy sign language, was to come to an agreement that I would pay her fifteen bucks an hour to clean, cook an occasional meal (depending on my ER schedule) and converse with me in Spanish for two hours, three days a week. A first-year resident's salary is a long way from what people assume doctors make, but I figured I could handle ninety bucks a week for all she was offering.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.