Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 41

From Mount Pleasant to Big Rapids, Vee flew over some absolutely magic country. The green forests of pine, hickory, walnut and oak have the smell of life. Of growing things and sparkling waters, slow moving rivers and newly mowed grass.

Flying along, she started thinking and then she started talking to herself ... gave herself a talking to was more like it. "Did you even think to lock the door at home before you left? How about the dishes? You haven't dusted or vacuumed, polished the silver or the brass doorknob. You left your clothes on the floor and the bathtub is getting a ring ... the toilet needs cleaning ... the sink..."

"RQB Roben-Hood ... RQB Roben-Hood?" Vee was on the radio.

"Colt Aviation FBO at RQB."

"Colt, PCXXX3."

"PC3, Colt. How can we help?"

"Colt, PC3 ... Potty, fuel, tie-down or hangar and a ride to Ferris."

"PC3, Colt. Umh ... we're kinda busy. Airshow."

"Colt, PC3. Goody! PC3 is Sukhoi 45 single seat. Can I show off?"

"PC3, Colt. There is a fifteen minute slot right now. How far out?"

"Too late, Colt. I'm here."

The really small silver and red single seat low wing monoplane flew down the 27-9 runway at about six feet and pulled a 90 to vert. Upside down. Vee cut in her smoke and played. Some of the stunts ... ok ok ok ... Aerobatic Demonstrations ... brought "oohs" and "ahhs" and even a few screams. The last little bit when she slapped the gear down and landed as it locked had a few of the rescue squad jolting up out of their prime viewing spots.

The man at the microphone said, "Ladies and Gentlemen ... Her Royalness, Princess Wendolyn Wanzor Austin, the fifth. Give her a hand!"

Fifteen minutes of fame and a potty break later, an older man stepped up and said, "Your Highness, I'm the Admissions Dean for Ferris. Mr. Colt mentioned you were looking for a ride to our school. Care to tell me what that is all about?"

"Please, call me Vee. I just took over the Princessapality less than a week ago and I'm not at all comfortable with it."

"Vee? As in the roman numeral for five?"

"Yes sir."

"It's a little unusual but I guess," the Dean said, "What can Ferris do for you?"

"I'm interviewing schools."

"You're her?"

"Who?"

"The fourteen year old who aced the tests?"

"So the proctors tell me. Why?"

"We've already accepted you. We'd be honored."

"I'd like to look at the facility and and faculty that might still be here. Would that be too much?"

"Not at all," said the Dean. "Any idea what degree or field of study?"

"Not a clue," Vee said. "All I can tell you is I like to see how things work and fix the things that don't. I'm fifteen and about a month ... I'm too young for the dorm and I'm a brat ... just ask my mom."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.