Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 27

Vee was a very good student. The Wanzor did as well in the sciences but couldn't keep her mouth shut in Art History ... mostly because she'd been there. The pictures of huge codpieces on Kings, Dukes ... even knights were products of artists staying alive. So too were massive chests and well turned calves. Noses were shrunk and chins grew.

Paintings of wives and children were more the product of imagination than the real thing. Sometimes the beauty of a child was found in the model found on the hillside tending the sheep ... sure ... the tender and the Duke's son had the same father but the son ... he was impossible.

The instructor just wasn't having it.

Finally, The Wanzor touched the hand of the instructor transported him to 1560 and watched Giovanni Battista Moroni paint Antonio Nicolinis as a woman, titled it Portrait of Angelica De Nicolinis and pocket 10 florins for it.

"I accept your premise," he said. "Did you have to ruin art for me?"

Wendy said, "The art is still the art ... and Moroni is a good artist ... it's the subjects that might not be true."

Class is class and living in the dorm is living in the dorm. Wendy and Vee didn't room together ... there were no empty doubles ... but there were spaces ... Vee was on the fifth floor and Wendy was on the third in the same complex.

Vee's roommate, Maria Roland ... called Mitzi, was a legacy to one of the sororities. She pledged, passed and was ready to move to the house while Vee was off learning about German Paganism; Yggdrasil Day, celebration of the world tree, of the reality world it represents, of nature — 22 April was the celebration day.

Professor Ingles often said, "Don't let college get in the way of your education."

Yggdrasil Day was part of her education.

There seemed to be a lot of good looking men at Yggdrasil Day asking if she was gong to attend Beltane in May.

Since it was her ex military base that was hosting the event there was a fair to middling chance she would.

Mitzi moved out, Wendy moved in. Vee was happy.

Many Sororities in Germany aren't associated with American Greek sororities. Rather than Greek letters they use colors ... sorta like football teams ... round-ball football ... soccer teams. The conversation at the dinner party for the new residents at the sorority Miss Maria Roland joined ... The Green House ... focused on women the Greens wanted to have as members for next year. The general run of talk was about the twin girls with the big boat, the airplanes and the property across Lake Constance.

Since she was new Mitzi was seated with the rest of the new Greenies at the far end of the table so she heard very little of the plotting and planing the second, third and fourth year women were organizing for the summer and fall push for members. Besides, the food was a cut above the Residence Hall offerings and she was really working on devouring all she could. In the FED A it would be called the sophomore fifteen, the fifteen pounds college freshmen put on now that the environmental pressure of the A-list table was gone. She was fully engaged with disparaging her ex-roommate much to the laughter of her end of the table when the upper end stopped talking.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.